• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show your Rarest Games that you have

bravoguy

Rare ?

4Meh4mg.jpg

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Can you upload pics directly now with upload images now at the bottom of the page where you post ? Iv'e tried and i keep getting failed messages after i try to upload pics. Or do we still do it via Photobucket etc? Thanks in advance.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
These aren't rare but they are in my garden shed somehow and iv'e not kept them for any reason. Crazy Cars, Chase HQ and Ghostbusters 2 for the Atari ST are over 30 years old.
HcE1K6D.jpg

AQxJtdG.jpg

shaddam

Currently at work, but I think my rarest game is Dune for PS1.Nothing extra I guess. On weekends I usually go to a local market to find some goodies

Not sure if I even have any rare or hard to find games, here's what I have currently so I'll let you all be the judge...

hsjq5eN.jpg
Those poor games on the side...

But seriously, this thread is about rarest games, not 20 iphone 3 quality 4k pics of full "collections" 🙄 ( wyvern_bloodfist wyvern_bloodfist )

@topic: I really like seeing the other posts though, cool contributions. I think, I myself, don't have something that rare... maybe my PAL Batman Returns for Mega Drive boxed and with manual. I don't know...

Those poor games on the side...

But seriously, this thread is about rarest games, not 20 iphone 3 quality 4k pics of full "collections" 🙄 ( wyvern_bloodfist wyvern_bloodfist )

@topic: I really like seeing the other posts though, cool contributions. I think, I myself, don't have something that rare... maybe my PAL Batman Returns for Mega Drive boxed and with manual. I don't know...
I was busy at the moment and posted what i could quick snap with my camera; didn't have time for anything else :/ FYI i don't buy shitty apple products or over priced garbage phones. They are photos taken with my camera i use for my art :/

sublimit

Banned
I don't go out of my way to buy rare games just because they are rare but i do have some PS2 games that maybe they may be considered as such.Some of them i bought on release but there are also some i bought later on (but still relatively cheap). If some are not considered rare my apologies.
(All of them are near mint and complete):

Haunting Ground
Kuon
Blood will Tell
Project Zero 1-3
Ico (original card box with all the cards)
Shadow of the Colossus (original card box with all the cards)
Ar Tonelico 2
Atelier Iris 1-3
Forbidden Siren 1-2
God Hand

Maybe i have more but i'm currently away from home and i don't know which ones could be considered rare.The ones i posted i did so because i often see other people posting them too. :p

sublimit

Banned
I was busy at the moment and posted what i could quick snap with my camera; didn't have time for anything else :/ FYI i don't buy shitty apple products or over priced garbage phones. They are photos taken with my camera i use for my art :/
I don't think that part was meant for you. ;) Pretty nice collection btw although i also don't like seeing games on the side. :p

I honestly could not say without looking at my collection. One one that has sprung to my mind is "Cosmic Smash" on the DC. Released towards end of the consoles life cycle and was only released in Japan. eBay prices are £70-£200 depending on condition.

I picked up a copy for
£12.50.

Mihos

Gold Member
I have lots going back to the 70s. Not even sure where to begin. maybe I will sort through price chart later, but rarest doesn't always equal most valuable.

A few more from me!

3Q98dqx.jpg

Unknown at the moment if this Asian English version with the Blu Ray Anime is rare or not but I must have paid £55 just to have this from Singapore via HeavyArm.

51Li7RW.jpg

This is the most expensive game/collection I have ever bought at £175!!! I doubt I will get my money back on it because Square are terrible with making these things as it has a problem keeping the stuff inside the box (the bottom section comes out easily as the glue never set), on top of a tear on the Box insert that came with it, it's really annoying that despite me keeping it in the best condition possible, S-E seem to not do the same thing.

ndn65M0.jpg

Both CEs go for crazy amounts now and I bought this at just £125 (including Shipping). The reason why the two CEs go for so much is because they both make an epic picture once you open the front flaps up! The games reference one another as well which is amazing. The Mega Bundle from LRG went really fast that I took time off work just to F5 like crazy (LRGs system is pretty crap as it can go live 10 seconds earlier, or it won't show up on your screen until a minute after).

Xenon Valkyrie + is also an amazing game that comes in limited quantities (I also have Riddled Corpses Ex by the same Developer, but it was released via Red Art Games, a French company releasing limited games)

p8WhKaV.jpg

The game itself is common, but the Business Edition came out in limited quantities and in North America only. I used VGP to snag this and it's worth it for me. I think it goes for $150+ now?

rKIIBPV.jpg

This is a recent purchase and I actually got it cheap (£40), as I know it goes for a lot more.

wvOEXQr.jpg

Koch Media (or should we call them Cock Media?), released SEGA games for awhile in Europe, and....yeah, they did a poor job at predicting demand.

7th Dragon 3, SEGA 3D Classics Collection, Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocolypse (which I own the two of also), and Persona Q2 are pretty hard to find without them costing a lot. Although Persona Q2 is still reasonable. I predict this game going for a lot in a few years time as it is an amazing RPG that doesn't outstay its welcome and is very fun to play.

February 21st, 2003, for the European releases of two Zelda games (The Wind Waker on GCN and A Link to the Past on GBA), Virgin Megastore in London held a special "meet Shigeru Miyamoto" event.

So I took a couple of days off, brought a friend along, and flew there with two games :
• a factory sealed copy of The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker which released a couples of months earlier in Japan,
• the original Zelda no Densetsu FDS Disk Card.

And he signed'em both :messenger_heart:
n7ZM3cE.jpg

I'll never forget his reaction when I gave him the game, "Wow !", and then he showed it to the guy sitting next to him... I wonder what he told him... :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
This thread getting bumped recently got me curious, so I started looking at values for some of my games and some have shocked me. Not sure how the value/rarity correlates, but I assume they are related.

Chibi-Robo PAL Gamecube is listed on Ebay from $200-$600! WTF?

Catherine: Love is Over - Deluxe Edition about the same

Demon Souls - Deluxe Edition $400 and up

FE: Path of Radiance $250-$800

Zelda: TP Gamecube $100-$400

Alien: Infestation $60-$150

Chrono Trigger DS $60-$200 (I’ve got about 4 sealed copies of this)

😲

I’ve barely scratched the surface of my collection, but I am pleasantly surprised. Of course, these are Ebay listings, so who knows if people will actually pay these prices. I’m not selling anyway, lol.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
This thread getting bumped recently got me curious, so I started looking at values for some of my games and some have shocked me. Not sure how the value/rarity correlates, but I assume they are related.

😲

I’ve barely scratched the surface of my collection, but I am pleasantly surprised. Of course, these are Ebay listings, so who knows if people will actually pay these prices. I’m not selling anyway, lol.

I sold my entire game collection on ebay. To get the true value of what something is worth filter your search by "sold listings" only. Then you will see what the actions actually closed at or what buy it now actually was paid.

This leads to fairly accurate results as long as something isnt crazy rare.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I sold my entire game collection on ebay. To get the true value of what something is worth filter your search by "sold listings" only. Then you will see what the actions actually closed at or what buy it now actually was paid.

Yeah, I figured as much. I’ll probably delve into it properly if I’m ever ready to sell.

Did you sell it in one lot? Why did you sell it?

😲

What the hell, of those I've got Catherine, FE, TP, Alien Infestation, and CT. I probably have a bunch of other rare DS games, considering I've got 150+ at this point. It's been a while since I did inventory, and the bulk of my collection is at another location. Keep meaning to get Chibi-Robo, but the prices. . .

My rarest/oddest game? Probably a sealed copy of Black Sigil for DS. I keep meaning to get a regular copy (also expensive) to try, but the game looks miserable. It's more of a conversation piece (if I had somewhere I could display it) because of the unique history behind it and how it got made, Chrono Trigger rip-off that it is.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Yeah, I figured as much. I’ll probably delve into it properly if I’m ever ready to sell.

Did you sell it in one lot? Why did you sell it?

Na i sold it using a complex methodolgy i divised myself lol. Basically if a game was worth at least 15 bucks i would sell it on its own. If worth less i would bundle it with simlarly cheap games trying to create a "theme". In the end it worked i sold everything.

I sold it because it was all just sitting in boxes at my dads and i wasnt using it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
A few more from me!

3Q98dqx.jpg

Unknown at the moment if this Asian English version with the Blu Ray Anime is rare or not but I must have paid £55 just to have this from Singapore via HeavyArm.

51Li7RW.jpg

This is the most expensive game/collection I have ever bought at £175!!! I doubt I will get my money back on it because Square are terrible with making these things as it has a problem keeping the stuff inside the box (the bottom section comes out easily as the glue never set), on top of a tear on the Box insert that came with it, it's really annoying that despite me keeping it in the best condition possible, S-E seem to not do the same thing.

ndn65M0.jpg

Both CEs go for crazy amounts now and I bought this at just £125 (including Shipping). The reason why the two CEs go for so much is because they both make an epic picture once you open the front flaps up! The games reference one another as well which is amazing. The Mega Bundle from LRG went really fast that I took time off work just to F5 like crazy (LRGs system is pretty crap as it can go live 10 seconds earlier, or it won't show up on your screen until a minute after).

Xenon Valkyrie + is also an amazing game that comes in limited quantities (I also have Riddled Corpses Ex by the same Developer, but it was released via Red Art Games, a French company releasing limited games)

p8WhKaV.jpg

The game itself is common, but the Business Edition came out in limited quantities and in North America only. I used VGP to snag this and it's worth it for me. I think it goes for $150+ now?

rKIIBPV.jpg

This is a recent purchase and I actually got it cheap (£40), as I know it goes for a lot more.

wvOEXQr.jpg

Koch Media (or should we call them Cock Media?), released SEGA games for awhile in Europe, and....yeah, they did a poor job at predicting demand.

7th Dragon 3, SEGA 3D Classics Collection, Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocolypse (which I own the two of also), and Persona Q2 are pretty hard to find without them costing a lot. Although Persona Q2 is still reasonable. I predict this game going for a lot in a few years time as it is an amazing RPG that doesn't outstay its welcome and is very fun to play.

How did you get the Asian version of Gravity rush 2 with blu ray? I want this version in launch day but nobody even in Playasia just pu "Out of stock"?

Very happy that you buy this marvelous game =)

Dane

I have plenty of rare games, recently i've just found out that Xenosaga Episode 3 US version was a fortune, and i've bought it like 4-5 years ago for the average price of a PS2 JRPG.

Damn, why did you sell your entire game collection?

Also, wyvern_bloodfist wyvern_bloodfist and CaptainLoveline CaptainLoveline have the best game collections, in my opinion :messenger_fire:

Last edited:

closer013

This shit really exists? Such a bizarre piece of gaming underworld. Have you got a gameplay video or, even better, a video commentary? Is it a full game? Is it at least functioning?

The company that made it, Necrostorm, has taken down all videos of it being played. A couple of attempts have been made to reupload the videos but they have been taken down again & again. They removed the game's portion of the website and are repurposing it's assets into a side-scrolling brawler with RPG elements.
As for it being funtional, the copy I have is still "sealed" with a sticker placed along the opening edge and stays that way because the DRM system they use to authenticate it and make it playable is a customer service e-mail mess.
I'm really glad I have a copy of it. It feels like something out of a horror movie with the company trying to brush it's existence under the rug (poorly.)
Thanks for asking about it!

Iorv3th

If the business edition of yakuza 0 goes for that much I need to sell mine.

Also have Yakuza 6 essence of art edition if its worth anything.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
The company that made it, Necrostorm, has taken down all videos of it being played. A couple of attempts have been made to reupload the videos but they have been taken down again & again. They removed the game's portion of the website and are repurposing it's assets into a side-scrolling brawler with RPG elements.
As for it being funtional, the copy I have is still "sealed" with a sticker placed along the opening edge and stays that way because the DRM system they use to authenticate it and make it playable is a customer service e-mail mess.
I'm really glad I have a copy of it. It feels like something out of a horror movie with the company trying to brush it's existence under the rug (poorly.)
Thanks for asking about it!
I’ve never heard of this. What is the story behind it? Google isn’t giving me much. There seems to be a Kotaku article about it, but I refuse to give them a click.

Why would the company try to scrub it’s existence?

Petrae

Mine include:

— Tengen Tetris (NES - cart only)
— Blood Will Tell (PS2 - complete)
— .hack//QUARANTINE (PS2 - complete)
— Starblade Alpha (PlayStation - Disc only)
— Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2 - Disc only)
— Diablo (PlayStation - Disc only)
— Mortal Kombat 3 (PlayStation Longbox - complete)
— Tales of Destiny (PlayStation - Disc only)
— Valkyrie Profile (PlayStation - Manual missing)

I’ve been collecting since 2012, and capitalized when PS2 values were tanking. I’m closing in on 1,000 PS2 games alone— it’s a great console. I started focusing on PlayStation collecting in 2015 for the console’s 20-year anniversary, and am over 700 games for it.

My goal was to build a library of games as an adult that I never could as a child in a destitute single-parent household, and one that I can enjoy long after I walk away from the bullshit that modern video games were on the path to becoming (and did just that). I’m set for the rest of my life without wanting another new video game console.

closer013

I’ve never heard of this. What is the story behind it? Google isn’t giving me much. There seems to be a Kotaku article about it, but I refuse to give them a click.

Why would the company try to scrub it’s existence?

They are repurposing all the assets from Death Cargo, a 1v1 Fighting into a side-scrolling brawler called Gore Breaker.

Weilthain

Banned
I know it’s not exactly super rare but I have a horrible feeling I traded in 3D dot game heroes for probably £10 a few years ago when I was getting rid of ps3 stuff.

Top Bottom