• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu Yoshida: "Console Debut" means it may come to other consoles in the future (NNK2)

jmga

You can add this to Ni No Kuni confusion "PlayStation®4専用ソフト"

They shoul forget those banners next time.

It is a trailer for Japan, where the game will probably be always exclusive.

We have seen that dozens of times with other japanese releases.

Jigolo

I still think yosp wasn't saying this in reference to NNK, he probably misunderstood. I do still think it will be exclusive. For some reason those banners on the screen were there when they weren't supposed to be. If the camera hadn't panned away this thread wouldn't have ever existed in the first place based off what Boyes said.

Whatever happens though makes no difference.

I never played the original game. What makes the game great that should excite me for this sequel? The trailer looked sort of bland.

Beautiful world to explore
Charming characters
A+ OST
Great Combat < Debatable to alot of people
Familiars are better than Pokemon: evidence-

51ef6f2c2c82c29e4b9bd7d3352be0a4-d643t3r.png

Guymelef

It is a trailer for Japan, where the game will probably will always be exclusive.

We have seen that dozens of times with other japanese releases.

This could be true if the banner were "Console exclusive" but was "console debut".
Do you think if there is another Ni No Kuni II version is possible on XBO but no NX?
Why not release NNK II on Japan for NX?

jmga

I still think yosp wasn't saying this in reference to NNK, he probably misunderstood. I do still think it will be exclusive. For some reason those banners on the screen were there when they weren't supposed to be. If the camera hadn't panned away this thread wouldn't have ever existed in the first place based off what Boyes said.

Whatever happens though makes no difference.

They just have to say the game is not "Console Debut" and the banners were wrong, but yet here we are.

This could be true if the banner were "Console exclusive" but was "console debut".
Do you think if there is another Ni No Kuni II version is more possible on XBO than NX?
Why not release NNK II on Japan for NX?

We don't know anything about NX, I see the game coming to XBO perfectly.

That guy's reaction is like saying,

"If Santa goes to anybody else's house this year other than mine, I am going to blow up my house and send Santa the picture."

Jigolo

They just have to say the game is not "Console Debut" and the banners were wrong, but yet here we are.

We don't know anything about NX, I see the game coming to XBO perfectly.
Yeah, gaffers overreacting and stuff. They don't seem to care as much but addressing it would be good.

73V3N

Banned
Some people have said in the Steam package name leak thread that they're bothered or even physically repulsed by the idea of exclusives going multiplatform. It's... well, pathetic, frankly.

I was going to post this, I thought that guy could be trolling but after seeing some posts in the steam leak thread, anything is possible

Isn't it simple ? It'll come first to PS4 and then maybe to other platforms, because there is no exclusive deal.

And no offense, but these NX posts are kinda dumb. Great for you being a Nintendo Fanboy, but keep that shit out of here.

"Day One on my NX". Lol.

Edit: As I have mentioned often now, Xbox One will not get any more JRPGs besides FFX and KH3.

Capella

So It may come to NX then?

Is this the type of game that would do well on Xbox One?
Unfortunately no, which is why you don't see many JRPG releases on the Xbox One.

While we don't know much about the NX, I still think it would be more likely to show up there than on the Xbox One. Ni No Kuni was at least on the DS in Japan and there's a larger JRPG audience on Nintendo platforms.

Kouriozan

Isn't it simple ? It'll come first to PS4 and then maybe to other platforms, because there is no exclusive deal.

And no offense, but these NX posts are kinda dumb. Great for you being a Nintendo Fanboy, but keep that shit out of here.

"Day One on my NX". Lol.

Edit: As I have mentioned often now, Xbox One will not get any more JRPGs besides FFX and KH3.
Don't worry, the console will probably sell terrible, you don't have to be scared,

TI82

Banned
What other system would Level 5 put NNK2 on anyways? It wouldn't sell on Xbox one, so maybe PC?

Edit: Oh, NX. Yeah I guess that too maybe. Forgot about it honestly

salromano

Really good sumary
You can add this to Ni No Kuni confusion "PlayStation®4&#23554;&#29992;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;"

This days is hard to talk about something exclusive if it's not first party. As Yoshida says it means "may come" but at the same time "may not"

Where does it say PS4 senyou for NnK2?

Also the Nioh press release just came out: "Hertfordshire, 07 December 2015 – At the recent PlayStation Experience event in San Francisco, CA, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and KOEI TECMO announced that Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team NINJA."

"Day One on my NX". Lol.

Just an example of how compelling the lineup coming to ps4 is.

It's really bringing out the crazies... Thread after thread after thread of them!

Poor Shu feeling the brunt on twitter though.

Really good sumary
You can add this to Ni No Kuni confusion "PlayStation®4&#23554;&#29992;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;"

This days is hard to talk about something exclusive if it's not first party. As Yoshida says it means "may come" but at the same time "may not"

Haha, yeah, those banners really just made things more confusing than they otherwise would've been.

Guymelef

Also the Nioh press release just came out: "Hertfordshire, 07 December 2015 &#8211; At the recent PlayStation Experience event in San Francisco, CA, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and KOEI TECMO announced that Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team NINJA."

On the video description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGN8Hx7WI3A

Hoo-doo

Banned
What other system would Level 5 put NNK2 on anyways? It wouldn't sell on Xbox one, so maybe PC?

I doubt that game aligns with the PC crowd. It's a saccharine, cutesy, saturday-morning-cartoon type of JRPG where the protagonist is an 11-year old boy and the world is inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.

I think the only platforms that make sense for a game like this are the 3DS, Vita (lol), Playstation and potentially the NX in Japan.

StevieP

Banned
I doubt that game aligns with the PC crowd. It's a saccharine, cutesy, saturday-morning-cartoon type of JRPG where the protagonist is an 11-year old boy and the world is inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.

I think the only platforms that make sense for a game like this are the 3DS, Vita (lol), Playstation and potentially the NX in Japan.

PC is getting lots of every kind of jrpg, and that will continue. But we are discussing consoles when they mention "console debut", which leaves the Xbox and the nx to discuss.

Paracelsus

Cibi condimentum est fames

The main reason those Atelier games (and Disgaea for that matter) got bigger was because that fanbase had nothing else to play at the time. The Valkyria numbers (and Zestiria for that matter) show there's an audience for those games, granted the production values are there. PC can muscle its way through poor optimization so it's not like a PC port would be expensive to them.

TI82

Banned

Well, he has a tail.

wrowa

The slide called Ace Combat 7 a "PS VR Exclusive." The press release indicates it's a PlayStation 4 game with support for PlayStation VR.

"PS VR Exclusive" doesn't mean that a game is exclusively playable in VR, but that it won't release on any other VR platform.

Also the Nioh press release just came out: "Hertfordshire, 07 December 2015 – At the recent PlayStation Experience event in San Francisco, CA, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and KOEI TECMO announced that Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team NINJA."
Kinda surprised kt is doubling down on ps4 exclusive despite the banner thing

Hoo-doo

Banned
The amount of NX port begging lately is hilarious. The system doesn't even exist yet.

Can't really blame them for hoping the NX is going to be the machine of their dreams.

But man it looks exactly like the ol' Wii-U speculation threads. God, the hopes and dreams in those threads were out of control.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Undertale:
Owners: 424,289 ± 15,997

ss_9025a366676c26046b1d08e94ab1a73406aa11db.jpg

Hyperdimensional Neptunia:
Owners: 199,247 ± 10,967

ss_5c870de97ffeebc58ea69a5879324982737e1c58.jpg

Paracelsus

It happened with the WiiU. Some things never change.

The funny part is that it happens with Japanese games that don't mean jack. It's the western games Nintendo wants, all of them, from Fallout to Witcher and Dragon Age. It's because Nintendo never became the home to all (not just some of) those titles that never got legitimized. Even winning in Japan would amount to nothing in the long run given the console market is near dead, they really do want a shot at that western market and there ain't gonna be with a port of NieR2.

Begaria

So on one hand the banner for Ni no Kuni 2 says "console debut", on the other Adam Boyes clearly said "PS4 exclusive".

Time will tell, I guess.

RPGamer92

Banned
I'd rather Sony use their money and resources on first party games. A series like NNK should be multi-plat to give it a better chance to continue existing.

Hoo-doo

Banned

I don't think a 5-hour 10$ retro-indie RPG is really comparable to a 50+ hour Ghibli-style JRPG, but I get your point.

I saw the HN edit. Okay, maybe PC is somewhat fertile ground for JRPG's these days.
I'd be happy if these games found a home on PC. They are too good to be ignored like NNK1 was.

Top Bottom