• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

YES IT WORKED!!!!CONTROLLER BINDINGS FOR XBOX PADS THAT ALLOW 8 FAVOURITES AS WELL AS QUICKSAVE/VIEW ADJUSTMENT ETC.

Ok now I got your attention. So the normal controller support is essentially unplayable for me as it restricts favourites to only left and right on the dpad. With this controller 'mod' you have have 8 favourites, it's all modified by holding LB.

So because it's not officially out for SE you have to manually download the old version.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49471/?

Put the 'Interface' folder in the Skyrim 'Data' folder. Simple.

Can this go in the op because it fundamentally changes the way people using controllers can tackle the game.

lazygecko

YES IT WORKED!!!!CONTROLLER BINDINGS FOR XBOX PADS THAT ALLOW 8 FAVOURITES AS WELL AS QUICKSAVE/VIEW ADJUSTMENT ETC.

Ok now I got your attention. So the normal controller support is essentially unplayable for me as it restricts favourites to only left and right on the dpad. With this controller 'mod' you have have 8 favourites, it's all modified by holding LB.

So because it's not officially out for SE you have to manually download the old version.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49471/?

Put the 'Interface' folder in the Skyrim 'Data' folder. Simple.

Can this go in the op because it fundamentally changes the way people using controllers can tackle the game.

I used this for regular Skyrim on PC. Glad to know it still works for SSE. Even better that it works for the actual Xbox.

Volimar

Is there a cheat mod on xbox yet where I can just give myself all of the gold and forging supplies yet?

I was looking at the homes and there's one called "Dwemer Puzzle Box". It's basically an instant home wherever you want it. Sounded great to me so I downloaded it. Once I used it I discovered it gives you 100 of practically everything along with 50,000 gold. I like the normal progression so I'm not using the stuff, but it's definitely what you're looking for. I'm on PC but it might be available for Xbone.

darklin0

Banned
Haven't started my playthrough myself yet but SkyUI 2.2 is reported to work just fine with the SE, albeit with an error that SKSE isn't loaded. It's better than nothing nonetheless.

I may not start my playthrough until after the creation kit is out and the mod floodgates are truly open, but here's the ones I've picked out so far. I tend to prefer a more lean and vanilla flavor anyway.

-SkyUI 2.2 (find it under the old versions section and install manually with NMM)
-Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
-Achievements Mod Enabler
-Cutting Room Floor
-The Paarthurnax Dilemma
-Point the Way
-Ordinator Perks
-Apocalypse Magic
-Open Cities Skyrim
-Static Mesh Improvement Mod
-Morrowloot
-Ars Metallica

Don't use it but there's also Live Another Life for those who want to skip the normal opening sequence.

Want to get some texture packs, but unsure how well old packs work with the SE. It seems that some stuff works, other stuff doesn't.
Thanks for that list, they are some great mods.
My mod choices are mostly quality of life stuff. I am waiting for W.A.T.E.R. and a couple of other environmental mods are others I am looking forward to.

No CBBE mod for consoles because thieves. I forgot how ugly this game's player models are. Hopefully selection can grow a little in the next few days. Damn friend convincing me to go in.

Fitz

Is there a mod out yet that auto-hides the UI?

Used to love having that in the original Skyrim so I could take screenshots.

If you bring up the console you can disable the UI with "tm" (no quotes), bear in mind that the console will disappear, but will still effectively be open and able to receive input as normal.

With Ordinator mod, should I start a new character or can I just resume with my current one? What will happen to my spent points?

Danlord

With Ordinator mod, should I start a new character or can I just resume with my current one? What will happen to my spent points?

From the mod description;

If your character is level 2 or up, installing the mod will start a perk refund process. This can take a while, so sit back until the game tells you it is complete. Note: this will not refund perks from other mods. If you are switching from a different perk mod, follow the instructions it provides to cleanly uninstall it first, or make every skill legendary to get your points back.

You can rerun the process at any time by bringing 5 Daedra Hearts to a cooking pot and crafting a Scroll of Legends. If you don't want to cheat, make the skill legendary or use the built-in respec feature in Dragonborn.

:)

Rellik

total character overhaul -http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1037/?

static mesh improvement mod -http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/659/?

This is what I'm looking for before I start. I can't stand the default models.

I'm going to download some of the character customisation mods because the default character creator is horrible.

orhnsnmz

Thanks for the answers everyone! :)
SkyUI + some graphical enhancements mods is the way to go it seems.

So, can anyone recommend some graphical enhancements mods (that do not the look and feel of the game too much?

Regarding SkyUI and mods in general, just keep in mind the mod scene for this game right now is much more limited than the original game for the following reasons

1. The mod tools (Creation Kit) for making new mods is still in closed beta (only a handful of modders have access to it currently), though Bethesda has stated it'll be released to the public next week.

2. The bigger one is SKSE, or Skyrim Script Extender, which is essentially an additional tool to create some of the fancier mods (like SkyUI) is not available on Skyrim SE currently. The team behind SKSE have stated on their site that they're looking into bringing it over to Skyrim SE, but it's a lot of work, and there's no ETA for when that'll be completed. If you want to read more about it, you can check this out.

So it's probably going to be some time before mods like SkyUI are supported in Skyrim SE.

Oh I see. so should I go original Skyrim + lots of mods or Skyrim SE + a few QoL mods now?
I'm confused. :D

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's a shame the PS4 gets such crippled options. Sony is on some bullshit.

Will be interesting to see if being 64-bit opens up the PC version to interesting possibilities.

Risev1

Anyone know if there's currently a mod that keeps the 3rd person camera over the shoulder in combat? Used to use such a mod before, no idea which one it was though.

These modders are excellent, still showing the game support after all these years.

Now that SMIM is ported, I need three things before I start:

1. A huge weapon/armor compilation mod like "Immersive Weapons/Immersive Armors."

2. A creature variety mod like "Immersive Creatures/Monster Mod"

3. A mod that adds treasures to random loot like "Immersive Jewelry."

I just can't get back into Skyrim if I'm not frequently seeing new things when exploring.

Cross posting:

Sooo I bought Skyrim Legendary in hopes of upgrading but was too slow. :p the issue in having is that every time I try to install mods using nexus mods manager I get an error. Something about the path is denied and the mod couldn't install. I've tried running NMM as administrator and I got nothing. Right now I'm backing up my mods and restoring NMM to see if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Copper

Apparently Noble Skyrim 2k texture mod will be getting a patch tomorrow. Anyone know of any good texture overhauls to use? I've heard deleting the _n.dds files will actually remove details?

Chumley

Banned
Apparently Noble Skyrim 2k texture mod will be getting a patch tomorrow. Anyone know of any good texture overhauls to use? I've heard deleting the _n.dds files will actually remove details?

omg I had never heard of Noble's, it looks fucking gorgeous. God dayum.

Top Bottom