• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

I'm gonna post my load order. If anyone has any idea why I crash whenever I enter inns (no other buildings, just inns) please let me know.

-Unofficial patch
-[...]
I have no idea what's causing this. The only other thing I can imagine trying is disabling every mod and reactivating them one by one, which I don't wanna do. Even LOOT isn't loading up for me right now.
Immersive Citizens isn't compatible with JK Whiterun unless you're using the specific version created by IC's author, it might be that. Apart from that, I have no idea. have you tried inns from all Holds?

You seem to have quite some mods installed, some that use scripts. Are you using Loot for load order? I'm not really into the scene now but a lot of mods are being ported which will cause trouble without proper load order+Wrye Bash+TES5 Edit+possibly FNIS.

Having a stable highly modded Skyrim in PC pretty much requires all of the above.

Those mods, to my knowledge, are perfectly fine. Though I would recommend ELFX + True Storms over Vivid Weathers and Climates of Tamriel.

I don't think any of those mods will make your game crash.
In SSE crashes are often caused by bad meshes. Use SSE NIF Optimizer on the Data/meshes folder and see if that helps.

I downloaded the static meshes mod. Maybe I'll give a try to that tool to see if that could be it. If that's the culprit I'm taking it away. It was also arguably the more sizable mod so it wouldn't surprise me.

As to using loot/doing load order yeah I follow everything. Not only do i do loot Ive also gotten rid of all ITM issues with the SSEedit

Using Skyrim SE Re-Engaged ReShade and ENB, I am getting a washed out look. When the loading screen is still.. loading it looks great. Then when it fully initializes, its like it is covered in a white fog. Any ideas?

justjim89

Immersive Citizens isn't compatible with JK Whiterun unless you're using the specific version created by IC's author, it might be that. Apart from that, I have no idea. have you tried inns from all Holds?

Not all holds, but definitely has been the case in Morthal, Solitude, and now Whiterun. Maybe it's just worse in inn's because of the density of NPC's, but who knows. It wouldn't make sense for JK's to be the problem because I feel like I've used the inn in Whiterun multiple times with IC and JK's installed. Just tried it with JK's disabled and it still crashed. Tried with IC disabled and it still crashed. Tried with all of them disabled and it crashed. This is across two different character saves.

This is the part of modding I fucking hate. Crashes with no logical cause and the only solution is an hour of tinkering and potentially corrupting my save.

Ugh.

I'm gonna post my load order. If anyone has any idea why I crash whenever I enter inns (no other buildings, just inns) please let me know.

I have no idea what's causing this. The only other thing I can imagine trying is disabling every mod and reactivating them one by one, which I don't wanna do. Even LOOT isn't loading up for me right now.

No idea why that crashes in inns only. But if LOOT doesn't load than there seems to be another issue with you game.

justjim89

No idea why that crashes in inns only. But if LOOT doesn't load than there seems to be another issue with you game.

It's odd. LOOT was just working a few hours ago when I installed some new mods and updated some old ones. Now it crashes when I try to bring it up, and none of the newer versions of LOOT on the link from several pages ago have download links in them.

While I wait for SKSE I've been regularly checking for my tracked mods from Skyrim to be ported over to SE. When they're ported I remove tracking from the vanilla game. I'm down to 2 pages of tracked mods that need to be ported. Some of these mods work on SSE (Midian Born book of Silence and Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2). Pretty happy with authors continuing support.

Some of my favorite swords got ported over: Zikoru Swords Collection

Now I just need Glimmer, Ice Blade of Monarch and Brug Hild.

Newboi

Quick question, does anyone use the Eli's Breezehome mod for whiterun and the Daedric Stealth Suit mods? If so, were you able to find the Daedric Stealth Suit in your Breezehome?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Are there any console mods (XB1) that allow you to adjust the contrast? The game looks great but so many areas look washed out, adjusting brightness doesn't really help.

Grexeno

Thank god for Mod Organizer's profiles. Trying to redo my mod list is a simple as creating a new profile and checking the stuff I want.

Yyyyyyyyyeah the game is just broken for me now lol.

I didn't put much effort thankfully but having to redo a new game 3 times is getting tiresome.

I guess I'll wait until I absolutely WANT to play it which should be at some point next year.

Bildi

Thank god for Mod Organizer's profiles. Trying to redo my mod list is a simple as creating a new profile and checking the stuff I want.

Yes, for the love of god use Mod Organizer if you are new to modding (and then keep using it forever!). Gopher's videos on youtube will get you up and running easily.

justjim89

Figured out what was wrong with my game, causing me to crash when entering inns and only inns. Oddly enough, it was a mod called TEG_Solstheim that let you join factions while in Solstheim. I've never even visited Solstheim yet in any of my characters, but there you go. Disabled the mod and the problem was fixed.

So don't use TEG_Solstheim, folks.

On a lighter note, Arel gra-Khins, my Orcish raider, has recently contracted vamprism and is looking like even less of one to fuck with.

tumblr_ohfngj2ver1u5eu8ao1_1280.jpg

AMB's retextures are so good.

So, looking to download some mods to make my Xbox One version run better and to just enhance my overall experience. Here's what I have thus far:

Deadpool Mod - I like this a lot but it really overpowers you in the beginning. I had to crank the difficulty up and I am still mowing through enemies. I will probably take the equipment off soon.

Forgotten City - I am honestly surprised how great this blends into the main game.

I have heard Vivid Weathers is a must. Also, the Unoffocial SE Skyrim patch but any others? A girl on YouTube made a video that showcased all her aesthetic mods and the game looks damn good as a result. I want to download them but I have a bit of some trouble understanding her accent for some of them. Could someone with experience or knowledge of these mods list them, perhaps? Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/dN2Ck9VZntg

Also, are there any glaring omissions in her video?

Thank you.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So, looking to download some mods to make my Xbox One version run better and to just enhance my overall experience. Here's what I have thus far:

Deadpool Mod - I like this a lot but it really overpowers you in the beginning. I had to crank the difficulty up and I am still mowing through enemies. I will probably take the equipment off soon.

Forgotten City - I am honestly surprised how great this blends into the main game.

I have heard Vivid Weathers is a must. Also, the Unoffocial SE Skyrim patch but any others? A girl on YouTube made a video that showcased all her aesthetic mods and the game looks damn good as a result. I want to download them but I have a bit of some trouble understanding her accent for some of them. Could someone with experience or knowledge of these mods list them, perhaps? Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/dN2Ck9VZntg

Also, are there any glaring omissions in her video?

Thank you.

These aren't all in her video but most are and should get you up and running with only minor performance impact.

Realistic Eyes - this is subtle but makes a huge difference in my opinion

Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) - big, sweeping texture revamp. Subtle, but as a package even the "lite" version for Xbox is a big upgrade

Skyrim Graphics Overhaul

Realistic water 2 - paired with Vivid Weathers this mod is amazing. Really noticeable reflection of the gorgeous auroras at night.

Lush Vegetation Overhaul - does what it sounds like.

Vivid Weathers (a must have) - less resource intensive than Climates of Tamriel and better in my opinion

Dense Grass

Project Hippie - only noticeable in Whiterun, Riverwood and surrounding areas but damn is it a big improvement. Note: this mod may not play nice with other mods that add player homes or building around the aforementioned cities.

Most of these, especially all together are incompatible with Open Cities for most users.

These aren't all in her video but most are and should get you up and running with only minor performance impact.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) - big, sweeping texture revamp. Subtle, but as a package even the "lite" version for Xbox is a big upgrade

Skyrim Graphics Overhaul

Realistic water 2 - paired with Vivid Weathers this mod is amazing. Really noticeable reflection of the gorgeous auroras at night.

Vivid Weathers (a must have) - less resource intensive than Climates of Tamriel and better in my opinion

Dense Grass

Project Hippie - only noticeable in Whiterun, Riverwood and surrounding areas but damn is it a big improvement. Note: this mod may not play nice with other mods that add player homes or building around the aforementioned cities.

Most of these, especially all together are incompatible with Open Cities for most users.

Thanks so much!!

Bildi

Yeah, Open Cities is neat but tends to be incompatible with a lot of other mods. I'd consider holding off adding it until other mods appear that you may prefer to install instead that might be incompatible.

I tend to go for ones that add more gameplay content like Expanded Towns and Cities or Interesting NPCs (I have no idea what's coming to console).

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Same here. I'm 50 hours into a modded playthrough and have The Forgotten City and Falskaar installed but haven't even gotten to either. Shezrie's Old Hraldan Town is a good one too for content.

Soodanim

While I'm waiting for one of the lighting mods to get to the next release before I try and jump in again (keep going back to OG), I have something I would like to fix if possible:

Levelled unique weapons. Am I right in thinking that if I get a weapon early on I'm never going to get the highest level version? So if I get, say, Dawnbreaker early I can't ever get the best version of it? I think Morrowloot Ultimate fixes that but I'm not sure I want to commit to everything Morrowloot Ultimate changes.

BouncyFrag

Skyrim Graphics Overhaul

Dense Grass

I'm using this list on my Xbox and they look and play great. Very helpful post!

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I'm using this list on my Xbox and they look and play great. Very helpful post!

Cheers! Glad you found it of use.

Ive never modded on a console before but I have 71 mods installed and the load order seems pretty solid.

I'm 50 hours into the game and with only a handful of crashes that seem to occur about as often as they did on the 360 version.

They mostly focus on immersion and long-term content. If anyone is interested/ having trouble getting their load order sorted I could post a full list.

Sanic

Is there anything out yet that allows me to designate an arbitrary area as my player home? I'd like to claim Valtheim Tower if possible.

inner-G

Banned
I've got a big list going now, and it still running really good for me:

Ars Metallica
Better Docks
Book Covers Skyrim SE
Campfire
Detailed 2K Terrain
Diverse Dragons Collection
Footprints
Gemling Queen Jewelry
HD LODs Textures SE
Imperious: Races of Skyrim
Lean Wolf's Better Shaped Weapons
Noble Skyrim texture pack
Nordic Snow
Point the Way
Real Mountains - eroded version
Realistic Aspen Trees SE 4K
Realistic Water 2
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul
Rustic Clothing Special Edition
Simply Bigger Trees
Skyland
Skyrim 2017 Textures
Skyrim Better Roads
SkyTEST - Animals and Predators
Osmodius SSE Texture Pack
SMIM
Total Character Makeover
Trees in Cities Special Edition
Unofficial Patch
Verdant

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Can you post some screens? Curious just how good mods can make this game look on xbox 1.

I've got some great ones but due to the terrible post processing used on Xbox screen shots they all appear dark and blurry.

Anyone know a way around this?

It's a shame because the modded game really is striking on this console.

RR30

We have any lists for the "definitive" mods for Xbox to get? I just received my X1 and Skyrim from Amazon today and would like to start playing. Looking through here I've gotten some mods but I don't want to miss any.

Raven77

I've got some great ones but due to the terrible post processing used on Xbox screen shots they all appear dark and blurry.

Anyone know a way around this?

It's a shame because the modded game really is striking on this console.

Isn't there a way to take the screenshots in a different file format that gets around the post processing?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
If there is I'd love to know about it. Honestly, I use the Xbox interface and fancier settings as little as possible.

I know I could hook up capture software thru my HDMI splitter but I'm really just not that motivated.

Inigo always made fun of poor Lydia. Then one day we got ambushed by bandits and Lydia died. Inigo mourned her passing. So emotional. Inigo saved my mage girl's life. She almost died too.

TissueBox

Inigo always made fun of poor Lydia. Then one day we got ambushed by bandits and Lydia died. Inigo mourned her passing. So emotional. Inigo saved my mage girl's life. She almost died too.

Holy crap, didn't know he did that.

...kinda want to try that just to see it now, lol.

I really regret installing Open Cities, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck with it unless I start a new game. I'm 65 hours in :(

Is there ANY safe way of removing it?

On PC.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I really regret installing Open Cities, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck with it unless I start a new game. I'm 65 hours in :(

On PC.

It's highly likely that your save file has become reliant on open cities. Uninstalling could cause your game to become unplayable.

However, you can try going to a cell FAR away from cities, like the dungeon Ustengrav for example, saving, disabling open cities, waiting for 3 in game days (31 if you really want to be safe), then making another new save, and then trying your luck.

THIS COULD SERIOUSLY AFFECT YOUR SAVE. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

justjim89

On PC.

Uninstalling Open Cities fucked my game up good. What I ended up doing was just going into the Whiterun inn and waiting for like 3 days straight. Eventually all of the NPCs repopulated. Within the Inn and walked out to resume their loops. Worked for all the other cities too.

It's highly likely that your save file has become reliant on open cities. Uninstalling could cause your game to become unplayable.

However, you can try going to a cell FAR away from cities, like the dungeon Ustengrav for example, saving, disabling open cities, waiting for 3 in game days (31 if you really want to be safe), then making another new save, and then trying your luck.

THIS COULD SERIOUSLY AFFECT YOUR SAVE. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Uninstalling Open Cities fucked my game up good. What I ended up doing was just going into the Whiterun inn and waiting for like 3 days straight. Eventually all of the NPCs repopulated. Within the Inn and walked out to resume their loops. Worked for all the other cities too.

Eek.

Time to back up my saves to another folder and try it. Stupid mod.

Top Bottom