• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword review thread [Newest Reviews - Cubed3 10/10, GC: A, AusGamers: 7/10]

Andrex said:
It doesn't make sense she'd be alive for hundreds (thousands?) of years anyways. :p
Please stop hinting around things. I've already had a SS thread or two go sour on me because people would talk around spoiler to the point that you could guess exactly what they were talking about. :(

BurntPork

Banned
Jay Sosa said:
im thorn..on the one side im happy it seems to be an awesome game on the other hand i now have to buy a wii for like 4 games (zelda, smg and xenoblade)

do you guys think a wii u version is already in the works?
A Wii U Zelda? Maybe, but that's 3-5 years away.

A Wii U version of SS? lol not a chance. I can only see it being ported if it flops on Wii.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
These are nintendo fanboys youre talking about. Its the most violently forum retard in existence.
I would have agreed with you before seeing that Uncharted thread. I don't think even the Nintendo fans on this board will react that badly to an 8/10

Vire

The_Technomancer said:
I would have agreed with you before seeing that Uncharted thread. I don't think even the Nintendo fans on this board will react that badly to an 8/10
Well hey now, were you here during 8.8?

Diprosalic said:
we don't have to since zelda will get 10/10 all over the board.
Yep... it's exactly as bad as I think it'll be.

elongation

Neo Member
I hope it is at least more difficult than TP. Perhaps the 6 heart from start idea wasn't such a great idea.. Still, it sounds like the game has a wealth of variety

jman2050

These are nintendo fanboys youre talking about. Its the most violently forum retard in existence.

Uncharted fans passed them 2 years ago.

I never thought that would be possible but there you go.

stone128

BurntPork said:
A Wii U Zelda? Maybe, but that's 3-5 years away.

A Wii U version of SS? lol not a chance. I can only see it being ported if it flops on Wii.

You never know though, maybe they'll take the DQX route and up the graphics some :)

Still wishfull thinking.

sublimit

Banned
Vire said:
Dear Zelda fans,

When the reviews hit worldwide please don't be like Uncharted fans

Sincerely,

Fellow GAFer and Zelda fan.
Lol good luck with that.I only mentioned in another thread that i was a bit disappointed that Nintendo made Motion plus mandatory for SS and they almost killed me...
Sometimes i wonder if some of them are secret Nintendo PR people.

I for one will be intrigued to see the response to a less than favorable review (one that is complaining about motion controls is likely to be the culprit here) for the fallout that may cause mass hilarity, unless I end up being pulled into the hysteria myself.
It's like spectating on massive waves crashing against a shoreline during a storm, it's entertaining to watch but get too close and you'll be dragged into the salty sea yourself, in this case a salty sea of tears.

BurntPork

Banned
Vire said:
Dear Zelda fans,

Sincerely,

They're going to throw a fit when IGN gives it a 9.5 compared to U3's 10.

Though, if a U3 fan like this one shows up when that happens, it'll get to the point that bans will be handed out like candy, I bet.

sublimit said:
Lol good luck with that.I only mentioned in another thread that i was a bit disappointed that Nintendo made Motion plus mandatory for SS and they almost killed me...
Sometimes i wonder if some of them are secret Nintendo PR people.
I'm disappointed that Uncharted requires dual analog.

That's how stupid it sounds to say that.

wrowa

Vire said:
Dear Zelda fans,

Sincerely,

It's so absurd, honestly. Hundreds, no, thousands of people start raging because a person dares to disagree with what they think is "right". And because of what? Because of some metacritic?

Just take a look at parts of GAF. Politically, so many here are calling themselves "liberal", but when it comes to something as ridiculous as review scores they suddenly turn to people who can't accept diverting opinions if their lives depend on it.

I think it's pretty sad, honestly.

jett

D-Member
Vire said:
Dear Zelda fans,

Sincerely,

ahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahaahahaha

People are greatly exaggerating the overreaction of Uncharted fans regarding the Eurogamer review. Jeff Gerstmann received death threats to his home because of his 8.8 review of TP. No buddy, the Zelda fanbase has more than its fair share of people that are fucked up in the head and shall provide some nice spectacle in this thread.

Vire

BurntPork said:
They're going to throw a fit when IGN gives it a 9.5 compared to U3's 10.

Though, if a U3 fan like this one shows up when that happens, it'll get to the point that bans will be handed out like candy, I bet.

See! Intolerance in differing opinions already.

This thread will go down as a gold mine in GAF history. Book it.

BurntPork

Banned
jett said:

People are greatly exaggerating the overreaction of Uncharted fans regarding the Eurogamer review. Jeff Gerstmann received death threats to his home because of his 8.8 review of TP. No buddy, the Zelda fanbase has more than its fair share of people that are fucked up in the head and shall provide some nice spectacle in this thread.
So, because the TP reaction was worse, the Uncharted one is being exaggerated?

Vire said:

The game is built around it. There was no way to not require it unless the entire game was rebuilt for GCN/CC controls. Would you complain about CoD requiring DA?

Uncharted thread was just the appetizer. New 3d Zelda after 6 years getting lower then a 9/10? Fanrage and trying to discredit the reviewer is pretty much guaran-damn-teed

GooeyHeat

Am I the only one who chuckled at "Link here" in the OP? [/badjoke]
As for reviews, yeah, well, that's just like, uh, their opinion, man.

Alrus

Uncharted fanboy are as crazy and often more annoying than Nintendo fanboys. There's also the Killzone fanboys (remember the gifs?).

In general, a pure fanboy for anything will be annoying and crazy anyway.

Vire said:

Go make BurntPork post in the UC3 thread, watch the reactions. After all, it's just a "differing opinion" too.

sublimit

Banned
BurntPork said:

Are you retarded?

A good example would have been if Sony had made U3 to be played only by Move.
Dual shock comes with the PS3 so i don't need to buy anything else besides the game in order to play it.

wrowa

jett said:

I think you're at least as fucked up in your head, though, with your repeating ridiculing "the Zelda fanbase". :p For example when you attacked another GAFer because of an Edge comment ("There'll be blood if Edge doesn't give Skyward 10/10") that was obviously aimed at another post before, what you simply ignored in order to jump your gun and start your ridiculous "OH the Zelda fans start again" show.

Andrex said:
I highly doubt it will be her. I do think it's likely that she could be called Impa(there's been several of them throughout Zelda games) since she's a sheikah, seems to be a guardian/protector of Zelda and considering Impaz role in TP. However, I don't think we'll directly see any characters that survive in latter games.

I'm really looking forward to this game but there are some things that make me nervous such as difficulty, overdosing on the motion control, and I'm a little nervous that there won't be that many dungeons.

I once got a PM from a pretty pro-Sony poster here calling me a dirty name. Near as I could tell, it's because I said it's boring to know ahead of time that Uncharted 3 would be GOTY.

Lots of people throwing around the word retard on this page...

ShockingAlberto said:
I once got a PM from a pretty pro-Sony poster here calling me a dirty name. Near as I could tell, it's because I said it's boring to know ahead of time that Uncharted 3 would be GOTY.

Pfft, I got an angry PM from Micheal Patcher. Top that.

jett said:

i'm like nearly positive that almost every high profile reviewer has received a meaningless internet death threat from nearly every fanbase, uncharted included

it's just a thing that happens to reviewers and it's as meaningless as when kojima said he "had" to keep making mgs because he got mean "death threat" emails and letters

People laugh at gaming journalism but guess who has the biggest laugh when they put an arbitrary number under a review? It's really sad when you look at EDGE threads and most people are just there to shit on the mag over a low score or circlejerk because of all the 9s and 10s their favourite game is getting. I love GAF and I love lots of posters here but the obsession with metascores over actual merits shouldn't be this prevalent on a board like this. But I guess that's just how this industry rolls.

EmCeeGramr said:
i'm like nearly positive that almost every high profile reviewer has received a meaningless internet death threat from nearly every fanbase, uncharted included

it's just a thing that happens to reviewers and it's as meaningless as when kojima said he "had" to keep making mgs because he got mean "death threat" emails and letters

Didn't Kojima receive death threats when he said he wouldn't make another MGS game?

EmCeeGramr said:

it's just a thing that happens to reviewers and it's as meaningless as when kojima said he "had" to keep making mgs because he got mean "death threat" emails
Got a death e-mail for....shit, I can't even remember the game.

OH

FUCKING SPY FICTION LIKE SIX YEARS AGO

When I was writing for Men.com

Man that was like the only review I wrote for that site and the guy (wouldn't surprise me if he posted here) said I unfairly compared it to Metal Gear Solid and I "wouldn't like it if someone stealth killed you."

Which, I mean...probably.

jett

D-Member
wrowa said:
I think you're at least as fucked up in your head, though, with your repeating ridiculing "the Zelda fanbase". :p For example when you attacked another GAFer because of an Edge comment ("There'll be blood if Edge doesn't give Skyward 10/10") that was obviously aimed at another post before, what you simply ignored in order to jump your gun and start your ridiculous "OH the Zelda fans start again" show.

oh noes I have offended you

note that I didn't say all zelda fans are crazy. and sorry to say but nintendo fanboys really are the most rabid.

ShockingAlberto said:

OH

Man that was like the only review I wrote for that site and the guy (wouldn't surprise me if he posted here) said I unfairly compared it to Metal Gear Solid and I "wouldn't like it if someone stealth killed you."

You'd be too dead to care

wrowa

jett said:
oh noes I have offended you

note that I didn't say all zelda fans are crazy. and sorry to say but nintendo fanboys really are the most insane and unstable ones out there.
You haven't offended me, I just don't think that you of all people are in a position to complain.

ShockingAlberto said:

OH

to be fair, spy fiction has a terminator duke nukem big boss in it so that's pretty unfair to poor old mgs

On swordplay - 'In action, it is nothing short of revelatory...the victories are ours in a way they could never be with a standard controller.'

This Edge quote is delicious.

BurntPork

Banned
sublimit said:
Are you retarded?

A good example would have been if Sony had made U3 to be played only by Move.
Dual shock comes with the PS3 so i don't need to buy anything else besides the game in order to play it.
... Except every Wii made in the last 2 years comes with M+, and M+ costs $20 vs $120 for Move. Is gimping the entire game worth saving $20? It wouldn't even be Skyward Sword without it!

............... I mean that literally. Look at the new Iwata Asks.

Vire

BurntPork said:
... Except every Wii made in the last 2 years comes with M+, and M+ costs $20 vs $120 for Move. Is gimping the entire game worth saving $20? It wouldn't even be Skyward Sword without it!

............... I mean that literally. Look at the new Iwata Asks.
EDIT: HerpDerp

Spiffy_1st said:
EA aren't giving Jim Sterling a copy of Battlefield 3 to review either. It's so weird because 80% of people that buy these games won't ever look up a review on a video game blog or read comments on video game forums.

And Giant Bomb. Shady at best..

Vire said:
Yeah - no.

This is absolutely false. I bought three Wii games in the past two years and none had Motion Plus.

Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Reading comprehension...

BurntPork

Banned
Vire said:
Yeah - no.

This is absolutely false. I bought three Wii games in the past two years and none had Motion Plus.

Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Read what I said again...

Andrex said:
His home was almost murdered? OMG
Not almost. I stabbed it.

Top Bottom