• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeletron

My Amazon UK shipment is arriving today while my Amazon US order is still trapped in order purgatory. Should have just stuck with Best Buy for the US model. Ended up canceling it figuring Amazon US would come through but they dropped the ball with the treasure truck baloney.

SOLDIER

Games I plan to add:

-Chrono Trigger (patched with DS translation if it exists)

-Turtles in Time

-Super Mario All-Stars (with brick fix)

-Legend of the Mystical Ninja (and its sequels, if fan translations exist)

-DKC 2

-Terranigma

-Treasure of the Rudras

-Final Fight (haven’t decided which yet)

-Megaman and Bass (the only MM game I haven’t finished)

-Seiken Densetsu 3

-Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (not sure if these are better/worse than the NES originals, but until I get an NES Mini...)

And for those interested, I made a thread for games that never left Japan: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1441427

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Robin64

I of course applied the NTSC patch, but the SNES Mini doesn't seem to want to output any audio. Trying a few things now, because Terranigma is course a must have.

(Guys, I made this thread where the second patch listed is Terranigma NTSC :p)

Also that 8x16 patch sadly messes up the Yomi menu room, I couldn't stand that.

SOLDIER

I of course applied the NTSC patch, but the SNES Mini doesn't seem to want to output any audio. Trying a few things now, because Terranigma is course a must have.

(Guys, I made this thread where the second patch listed is Terranigma NTSC :p)

Wait, the mod isn’t out yet is it? Or did you go the physical modding method?

Robin64

How difficult was it? What tools were needed?

I’ll very likely wait for the software method but I’m just curious.

You need the current version of hakchi2, an FTP client, a hex editor, the latest version of Python, and Notepad++. It's pretty daunting, but not hard if you go slow. However, people have soft-bricked, and I've made mistakes that have given me small heart attacks too, so definitely wait for the tool. I'm just.. impatient, and I like to tinker.

Robin64

Even more weirdness, Tenchi Souzou displays the Enix logo, fades to black, and then.. stays there. Definitely something a little odd with this game.

The native PAL version lets me input my name, the first chapter name appears, then fades to black and stays black. Also it has no audio.

With the NTSC patch applied, it's playable, but still has no audio.

Has anyone else tried the Hori wireless pad? I grabbed one yesterday after reading some good reviews and...I absolutely hate it. Don't like the button layout and, I might just be crazy, but I swear it keeps missing my inputs on the directional pad. Guess I'm going to return it and wait for the 8bitdo wireless pad in December.

Dpad is loose for me but pretty accurate. I have done some brief testing with Contra 3 which is one of THE games to expose shitty input. It is better than any 8bitdo product I have used. Not super tight and accurate like pre-switch Nintendo OEM stuff or the included wired pads.

The buttons feel as good as OEM to me, and the layout is basically just giving you the option of buttons for triggers with the triggers still functioning. Great for street fighter.

I grabbed a pair on the box artwork alone and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Then again Hori has been making officially licenced Nintendo products for a long time so it should be no surprise.

hori-wireless-gaming-controller-snes.jpg

Such nice box art. matches perfectly with the console.

Games I plan to add:

-Chrono Trigger (patched with DS translation if it exists)

-Turtles in Time

-Super Mario All-Stars (with brick fix)

-Legend of the Mystical Ninja (and its sequels, if fan translations exist)

-DKC 2

-Terranigma

-Treasure of the Rudras

-Final Fight (haven’t decided which yet)

-Megaman and Bass (the only MM game I haven’t finished)

-Seiken Densetsu 3

-Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (not sure if these are better/worse than the NES originals, but until I get an NES Mini...)

And for those interested, I made a thread for games that never left Japan: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1441427
Worse. They completely ruined the music. UGH.:(

Got my one from Amazon UK today, but it's not the one I wanted. Only grabbed it because I wasn't sure I could get a US preorder. Amazon US is fucking up. How have they not shipped any yet? The fuck? Give me my shit boi

TheMan

So did anyone ever get into weaponlord? One of those games that looked cool but I never got around to playing. Is it good?

muzzymate

Oh awesome! Just got a backorder notification email from Walmart from my 8/22 order (Walmart.com anticipated delivery date of tomorrow).

"If we can't ship the items by 11/30, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email."

I'm hoping that's just a form letter because fuck!

pezgM.gif

RAIDEN1

As bad as the pre-order issues are with Amazon et all, I had a just a bad experience with the site Very...I was under the impression from late june-to September that my pre-order would be successfully processed through, even though at the time it was stated in my account sorry no stock available, which I interpreted as meaning they don't have any physical stock yet....

I asked their support representatives TWICE to see if my order would still get processed through, what was the status of it, they assured me that yes I would be receiving the console late-September, I would even get emails from their customer service manager saying my "order is on track"....and "any changes we'll let you know immediately"...

Come the 29th of September and asking where my pre-order was they said sorry as there is no stock you won't be receiving one from us and no money has been taken towards it...

Ultimately I ended up buying the mini from e-bay...but not for a stupid price, saying that it was a bit more than it's original retail price....but it WAS NOT a route I wanted to go through....

Any hacking news on whether anti-epilepsy measures can be patched out? Any news on whether the YI touch fuzzy glitch can be fixed?

It will likely be the use of SNES9x instead of the internal emulator which fixes the fuzzy glitch UNLESS it is actually tied to the epilepsy filter.

I don't think it was specifically mentioned by Cluster, but based on the previous version of hakchi, I am pretty confident we can rid the stupid epilepsy thing from the console.

Here's to hoping we can ditch babysitter filter and that by some miracle it fixes SMW2 fuzzy glitch.

Saganator

Ordered on 8/22, still says preparing for me.

I wonder if that email goes out a day before your order is supposed to arrive but it hasn't shipped. I haven't gotten any emails about a backorder, I've only been told about the backorder from CS reps, but my delivery date is the 5th. Wonder if I'll get that email tomorrow.

Robin64

I'm still not convinced the Yoshi's Island thing is anti-seizure. To see what Nintendo's anti-seziure stuff usually looks like, set off a smart bomb in Contra 3.

RAIDEN1

Good to know Secret of Mana has realtime combat not a fan of turn based strategy so FF6 will be bottom of the list..

You need the current version of hakchi2, an FTP client, a hex editor, the latest version of Python, and Notepad++. It's pretty daunting, but not hard if you go slow. However, people have soft-bricked, and I've made mistakes that have given me small heart attacks too, so definitely wait for the tool. I'm just.. impatient, and I like to tinker.

I'm comfy with hex editing and notepad++ / regex, but I'm kind of a noob scripter with Python.

Waiting for a hakchi2 software update myself, I've got 8 other things to tinker with in my spare time as it is. I've been tinkering with a retropie setup for weeks, I'll burn the time on that and wait for the guys to do their good work in the mean time.

DonMigs85

I'm still not convinced the Yoshi's Island thing is anti-seizure. To see what Nintendo's anti-seziure stuff usually looks like, set off a smart bomb in Contra 3.
Pretty bad if they allowed that past QA
Also once it's easily hackable I'm gonna test some of the games byuu mentioned with flaws on emulators other than bsnes/higan, like Speedy Gonzales and that helicopter game with a missing shadow.

Yeah. If anything, the effect on the SNES mini is harsher than the original. Once mine shows up, I'm gonna dump the ROM out and run it through BSNES to double check. I know that renders it a lot closer.

Blizzard

Banned
My SNES Classic from Target has been bouncing around the state since Friday and it's STILL not delivered. I didn't realize it was going to transfer to USPS, so now I'm expecting it to be thoroughly saturated with humidity and waterlogged with rain. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh awesome! Just got a backorder notification email from Walmart from my 8/22 order (Walmart.com anticipated delivery date of tomorrow).

"If we can't ship the items by 11/30, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email."

I'm hoping that's just a form letter because fuck!

11/30 is a lot better than "next week", at least. There's at least a decent chance they will restock and fulfill preorders by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom