• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMigs85

Some other games I plan to put on:
Tetris and Dr. Mario
Sanrio Smash Ball
Turtles in Time
Mario All-Stars
A few english patched ROMs like that cowboy Zelda and Marvelous

harz-marz

Even after haxchi is released, I'm not going to touch it for awhile... I'm afraid once I do, my Classic will become just another 'gadget' to tinker with. It's like every time I have the urge to play Skyrim, I'll reinstall it, spend 3 hours tinkering with addons, then play for 15 minutes before I quit playing.

Right now it's just turn on, play game... and even then I'm intentionally making myself only play 2-3 games at a time (1 RPG, 1-2 secondary games) so I don't get overwhelmed, play every game for 5 minutes, then lose interest cause I can't focus on a single game or goal.

It's one of the reasons I'm enjoying the Classic thread we have going, with a set goal and time limit even if I completely blew through the first one on the first day :)

FTFY.

This. I have an Nvidia Shield TV and have spent more time adding ROMs and tinkering than actually playing. Now with the SNES Mini I've actually just focused on playing the games!

is there a list of all th3 edited vc de-seizured games?

If I recall correctly the anti-seizure-measures of the NES Mini were a filter at the system level and not edited roms (not withstanding former VC-edits). I'd imagine it's the same with the SNES Mini, so probably every game could have this. Once the NES Mini was modded you could turn the filter off for each game (or turn it on for added games).

SOLDIER

So I just got my SNES30 Game Controller! I am waiting for the adapter to come, and my SNES Classic! I can't wait.

Same here, got the controller today but need to wait for the adapter. Hopefully arrives by Friday.

Once it does, do I update the firmware through the controller or the adapter? Or both?

Got the Nyko Miniboss and Hori Fighting Commander today. Both are a POS and going back to Gamestop.

The Nyko feels cheap and wouldn't even sync with the dongle.

The Hori sync'd up no problem and actually felt a little higher quality, but the battery bump in the back (2xAA) just made holding it awkward. Also, diagonals were abysmal. Like 1 our of 5 tries I would launch a fireball in SFII Turbo.

I guess I'll keep using the extension cable for now.

PS: The Nyko lets you get back to the home screen using the controller, the Hori does not.

Varth

So, it seems the stars have aligned for me to play Bahamut Lagoon in english.

ADDING MY 20GAMES (with a little bit of cheating on series :p) for both fun and as a note for me when the mod lands.

Bahamut patched of course
R-Type III
Valken
Hamelin patched
Pilotwings
Terranigma patched
Live-a-Live
Illusion of Time
Actraiser I and II
Shadowrun
Ogre Battles patched
Soul Blazer
Front Missions patched
Doremi Fantasy
Go Go Ackman
The King of Demons Majyuuou
Metal Warriors
Iron Commando
GeGeGe no Kitaro
Super Double Dragon

Bernbaum

What display settings are people using?

I'm sticking with pixel perfect as I find the CRT setting a bit gimmicky looking.

I don't mind the gradient background but I'd prefer if it didn't change colour.

Blizzard

Banned

I'm sticking with pixel perfect as I find the CRT setting a bit gimmicky looking.

I tried pixel perfect, but I ended up going back to CRT since I'd rather have more things use the correct aspect ratio on average.

Crt, i find it makes the square games and dkc look alot better on my 65 inch tv

Got my SNES Classic today. So happy that it finally arrived.

To think I have another two coming tomorrow. Never expected all of them to get processed and shipped.

Bernbaum

I tried pixel perfect, but I ended up going back to CRT since I'd rather have more things use the correct aspect ratio on average.
Ok. Not sure I fully understand. Does the CRT setting simply act as a filter, emphasising the horizontal dimension, or does it actually change the aspect ratio?

ParityBit

Same here, got the controller today but need to wait for the adapter. Hopefully arrives by Friday.

Once it does, do I update the firmware through the controller or the adapter? Or both?

I am not sure. I would assume update everything. I want to put it inside the SNES Classic like some others have done earlier in the thread

ramyeon

CRT isn't gimmicky, it legitimately looks better for a lot of the games.

Pixel perfect here.

CRT looks like shit, it's not a filter it's just bad picture quality.

Email from Wal-Mart I got on Friday said I'd get it today, on Ocotber 3rd. Checked the tracking and says it was in Indianapolis at 8:28 AM. I live in California and it's 4:40 PM ughhhhhhhhhhh fuck you Walmart ughhhhhhhhhh

Anyone know the inputs to get the different coloured costumes in SF2 Turbo? I've tried looking around online for the actual buttons, but I keep getting light blue Ryu every time I select him in Turbo mode, whilst he stays default white on Normal mode.

I'm sure there are multiple alt colour options, or am I wrong? It'd be nice to have a proper list of the colours and buttons to use when selecting on the character select screen, but I'm only finding ones for Super SF2 and other later versions, nothing for SNES.

theres only 2 colours. Press start for the default SF2 colour.

Just called my local Target and they aren't expecting their next shipment until October 26th which should be arriving in the morning and getting offloaded from the truck and into the store at 3AM.
And just like that the employee stopped you from bugging him - calling again, going into the store, etc. for almost a month!

Everything he said was most likely BS, with the NES Mini the employees never knew in advance when units would come, except in a few special cases where they were holding them for a big release or it was the day or two before.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are all the slowdowns in Megaman X accurate slowdowns from the SNES rom or just byproducts of emulation?

Pretty sure all the slowdown in all games is SNES accurate

OmegaDL50

Anyone know the inputs to get the different coloured costumes in SF2 Turbo? I've tried looking around online for the actual buttons, but I keep getting light blue Ryu every time I select him in Turbo mode, whilst he stays default white on Normal mode.

I'm sure there are multiple alt colour options, or am I wrong? It'd be nice to have a proper list of the colours and buttons to use when selecting on the character select screen, but I'm only finding ones for Super SF2 and other later versions, nothing for SNES.

Multiple colors only existed in Super SF2 and onwards.

From Turbo and prior it was only the Player 1 color and Player 2 color for every character.

tootie923

I got an Amazon UK standard shipping update, "Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination"(USA). Then "Problem resolved and parcel is in transit." I assume that the "problem" might be customs?

Hustler

Got mine today from Walmart, came a day later than originally planned, not a big deal. Waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can try it out. My oldest is 4, I’ll see how he handles Mario and Mario Kart.

They run off the side and you can't see the cursor selecting them anymore til it comes back round. And you're right, it's 10 before they stop fitting. Hakchi can turn this bar off entirely, though, if you fit more than 10 on and it bugs you.

That would annoy me. Much rather have less games on there than ruin the GUI. Looks like I’ll have to make cuts to my list of games I wanted to add. 10 games is plenty though to get my favorites. At least I’ll get to add MMX2 and MMX3 with CX4 compatiblility confirmed.

My list of definite add ons:
- Mega Man X2
- Mega Man X3
- Chrono Trigger
- Donkey Kong Country 2
- Donkey Kong Country 3
- Killer Instinct
- Pilotwings

Possible to Add:
- Turtles in Time
- Doom
- Demons Crest
- ActRaiser
- Mega Man 7
- Dracula X
- Mario AllStars
- Earthworm Jim
- Earthworm Jim 2
- RType III
- NBA Jam Tournament Edition

I can’t wait until everyone has their shipment in hand so we can have more game discussion in this topic and less “where is my Amazon order!”

FinKL

Yall are sleeping on Mega Man Soccer. Sure it was unbalanced, but being able to play different Mega Man bosses each with their own unique ability was awesome

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I had two orders, one from Target and one from Amazon, just to make sure I got one (and as a backup for my friend just in case he wasn't able to get one himself, but he was able to). My Target order finally arrived today. My Amazon order still hadn't shipped, so I just cancelled it.

Played the first level of Star Fox just to unlock Star Fox 2. Never played the original Star Fox before, but I've played a lot of Star Fox 64. It seemed pretty good, though the framerate... took some getting used to.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I assume from the thread title that we aren't able to mod the system yet?

Either way I played more of the system and I tried out Super Punchout, I found it to be boring and I will be replacing that game when I mod it.

Yall are sleeping on Mega Man Soccer. Sure it was unbalanced, but being able to play different Mega Man bosses each with their own unique ability was awesome

Mega Man Soccer was legit, dude. I loved that game growing up. Always shocked at how well it played. Wonder if it still holds up - haven't played it in ages.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I got an Amazon UK standard shipping update, "Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination"(USA). Then "Problem resolved and parcel is in transit." I assume that the "problem" might be customs?
FWIW mine said the same thing on Saturday and was delivered today without issue.

DonMigs85

I assume from the thread title that we aren't able to mod the system yet?

Either way I played more of the system and I tried out Super Punchout, I found it to be boring and I will be replacing that game when I mod it.
You can't actually delete any built in games, just hide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom