• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So looks like retail Bayonetta 2 is starting to go out of print...

alf717

Paid full MSRP for my copy at Walmart. Don't usually buy stuff that's not deeply cut, but I don't mind for two games.

I did the same thing. It was worth every penny. Maybe they will now do reprints that only contain Bayonetta 2.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
This was already happening well before the Smash Bros. announcement. Prices on Amazon for new copies were inflated to the $70-80 range back in July.

Yeah, I missed my chance at Best Buy during that Nintendo sale, so I bought it from someone on GAF.

Just remember, Xenoblade is next. It will probably be impossible to find by the end of the year.

Curufinwe

Yeah, I missed my chance at Best Buy during that Nintendo sale, so I bought it from someone on GAF.

Just remember, Xenoblade is next. It will probably be impossible to find by the end of the year.

Those are the only two WiiU games I have bought. Getting a console for two games sounds dumb, but not when those two games are so good.

Balb

This was already happening well before the Smash Bros. announcement. Prices on Amazon for new copies were inflated to the $70-80 range back in July.

New and used copies were readily available at GameStop for under $40 though.

Justinh

Geez, I don't know why but that felt like it snuck up on me. I'm glad I already got it, even though I haven't played it yet lol. I want to play through 1 on the 360 first (I prefer the 360 pad to the Wii U pro).

I just had to shell out 80 clams for Pikmin 3. It should be arriving today (geez, at least I don't have to worry about that any more).

Well, I guess the good thing is that the game is available digitally, right?

Amazon prices are never a good barometer for Nintendo games. Retailer stores are still the tried and true method.

Grief.exe

Xenoblade X in France says otherwise, was out of stock 2 weeks before christmas, and it's still is right now.

I better get Xenoblade even though I have no plans to play it in the immediate future.

Wow thank you for the heads up. No Best Buy or Gamestop within 250 miles of me had a copy (new or used). I wanted new obviously to get the Bayo1 digital copy

I have been sitting on my hands waiting for this one to drop in price but that obviously doesn't look likely.

I was able to find 1 Target in my area that had 1 copy, I would recommend using the Target inventory checker to see if any stores have it, as the game has been removed from their website. The DCPI (I.e. Inventory number) is 207-30-0051. Just go to http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker type in the DCPI number and your zip code and see what "saleable" copies they have in stock near you.

I also was able to successfully price match it to Gamestop for $38.97 too ;)
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/bayonetta-2/104829

Well so much for those new Wii U owners then is that what the company is saying? We're basicallay relegated to buying digital if we weren't fortunate enough to buy a Wii U last year?

Retailers aren't in a hurry to restock titles that took a year to sell through their initial shipment, which was likely pretty conservative shipment compared with most major releases on other consoles. It's unfortunate but I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on Nintendo here. It's also not really the retailers fault. If there was more demand initially then they probably would have done a second print run.

I know some people expect games to be sub $20 after a few months but that's not really Nintendo's business model. They feel it's better for them to keep games near MSRP for a longer period of time and not devalue their games. It seems to work for them. Personally, I am willing to pay more for Nintendo games because I'm more confident they won't be in the bargain bin after 2-3 months after I pay MSRP (or close to it-GCU). That's not to say I don't still get deals on Nintendo games. There are still plenty of deals to be found if you are patient and look hard enough.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow thank you for the heads up. No Best Buy or Gamestop within 250 miles of me had a copy (new or used). I wanted new obviously to get the Bayo1 digital copy

I have been sitting on my hands waiting for this one to drop in price but that obviously doesn't look likely.

I was able to find 1 Target in my area that had 1 copy, I would recommend using the Target inventory checker to see if any stores have it, as the game has been removed from their website. The DCPI (I.e. Inventory number) is 207-30-0051. Just go to http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker type in the DCPI number and your zip code and see what "saleable" copies they have in stock near you.

Just as a heads up, Bayonetta 1 isn't a digital copy -- it's a second disc that's included with the game.

I would go buy it right this second if I could find it.

Wal Mart also had it for $35 for a while.

If anyone has a Gamefly account and can get it shipped it's only $29.99 and should include everything , including both discs. Unfortunately, it shows low availability at the moment because they had sold it for 29.99 used for a while before making it only available to keep for those with an account.

mjc

Got the last copy at a nearby Target here, looks like it was the last one in the area according to the inventory tracker. All Gamestops and Walmarts around here have been sold out for a long time otherwise. I also paid the full $60 price, but I'm willing to do that for both the games and the fact that it's skyrocketed online recently.

Definitely seems like it's been OOP for a while now and the stock is reflecting that.

Danny Dudekisser

Yeeeeeup <3

I ALMOST sold it a while back when I was REALLY hard-up for money. So glad I didn't now. I Can't part with much more of my collection, and I still need to eat both of these games.

Jeez, dude. You must still be hard-up for money if you're planning to eat video games :(

mjc

Wait...Wonderful 101 is getting rare too? It's still readily available on Amazon for $28 shipped. Weird.

Danny Dudekisser

Wait...Wonderful 101 is getting rare too? It's still readily available on Amazon for $28 shipped. Weird.

Where are you seeing that? As you said, the game's readily available, and not expensive (like $30 new.) I have no doubt it will become pricey down the road, but definitely not right now.

mjc

Where are you seeing that? As you said, the game's readily available, and not expensive (like $30 new.) I have no doubt it will become pricey down the road, but definitely not right now.

I see random posts around here talking about it getting harder to find in stores.

muteki

Thanks for this, looks like in my area if you head to the Target's out of town they start showing up.

Edit: made a special trip to the middle of nowhere and sure enough, that Target had 3 copies. Thanks!

Boss Mog

Man this is kinda weird because like a week or two ago Best Buy had a sale on Wii U games , buy one get one 40% off and I thought about getting Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X. The only reason I didn't is because, well, I don't own a Wii U... But anyway... Bayo 2 was in stock online and at all nearby stores at that time and now just two weeks later, there's none online nor in the stores, just seems fishy to me, maybe Nintendo recalled them or something.

Not not going out of print here in Germany as far a I can say. At least not yet.

Still available at German Amazon for just 15.99€

I remember Saturn having it in sale for just 6€ a few months ago. The game often shows up in sale from other retail sellers as well. Doesn't look good for this game over here in terms of popularity.

mjc

Boss&#9733;Moogle;191050565 said:
Man this is kinda weird because like a week or two ago Best Buy had a sale on Wii U games , buy one get one 40% off and I thought about getting Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X. The only reason I didn't is because, well, I don't own a Wii U... But anyway... Bayo 2 was in stock online and at all nearby stores at that time and now just two weeks later, there's none online nor in the stores, just seems fishy to me, maybe Nintendo recalled them or something.

I don't think they've legitimately restocked this game in a year or so, so it's very possible that stores only had a couple copies that got snatched up fast.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Whelp. I just bought the last new copy at an obscure EB Games in small town Canada.

just bought the last copy online for in store pickup at walmart. I am getting later hopefully, unless my local walmart screws up (which there is a big chance)

Thanks for this. Was able to find a new copy 30 minutes away. I couldn't get them to price match it though, it wasn't showing up in their system. UPC, DCPI, nothing worked. More like NO-DICE-BRUH.

Thanks for this, looks like in my area if you head to the Target's out of town they start showing up.

Edit: made a special trip to the middle of nowhere and sure enough, that Target had 3 copies. Thanks!

Thanks for this. Was able to find a new copy 30 minutes away. I couldn't get them to price match it though, it wasn't showing up in their system. UPC, DCPI, nothing worked. More like NO-DICE-BRUH.

Great stuff. Welcome!

Monocle

GOOD.

Well the scarcity isn't good, but the increased demand is more than welcome. Thanks Sakurai and Smash Ballot voters.

FTF

This is annoying&#8230;don't have time to play so many games anymore so I've been waiting for the WiiU's final price drop and was then going to finally jump in&#8230;now many of the great games will be hard to get!

Persona7

Banned
This is annoying&#8230;don't have time to play so many games anymore so I've been waiting for the WiiU's final price drop and was then going to finally jump in&#8230;now many of the great games will be hard to get!

Not really as they are available on the eshop as well.

Top Bottom