• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's the best game in the Ghost 'N Goblins series?

Lettuce

My favourite always will be Ghosts 'n' Goblins, just because of how much time I spent playing the C64 version. But TBH I never realised how many games were in the series!

There's a similar style game called Maldita Castilla, which is free. Found it via GAF in a GnG-related thread a while back.

I'll check it out!

Btw, did you know that a fan made port of the c64 game was recently released that added back in all the missing levels from the c64 version, defo check it out if your a fan of the c64 version

Not really, it was a plotline in an Aussie soap opera called Neighbours--the kid had an arc where he got addicted to GnG and started stealing from people to feed his habit.

As if this even real...as a North American I had no idea this show existed or that this was a plot line that made it onto an actual show...hilarious

http://www.peoww.co.uk/perfekt-past-ghosts-n-goblins/

"He was a character in Neighbours an Australian soap opera in the late 80′s and early 90′s and for a four episode arc became addicted to videogames and would sneak out at night to play in his local arcade and try to get to the top of the high score board of his favourite game that is… that’s right Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins. It wasn’t said what the game was but even as a canny eleven year old I recognised that graveyard and even the town on stage two. He was cured in the end by his uncle Paul Robinson who kept giving him money until he beat the score and put his demons to rest."

....lol

Top Bottom