• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who/what exactly is Tidus? [Spoilers]

Ishida

Banned
You want to hear something even worse?

In the Japanese only Ultimania books, it is suggested that FF7 takes place 1000 years after FFX in the same universe. Al Bhedos developed inter planetary travel and colonized the planet FF7 takes place on.

That's not worse in any way, shape or form.

Boke1879

In the Japanese only Ultimania books, it is suggested that FF7 takes place 1000 years after FFX in the same universe. Al Bhedos developed inter planetary travel and colonized the planet FF7 takes place on.

To be honest in the context of it all. That's not even that bad.

Calvero

Banned

I wish this was worse so I could forget the other thing.

yunbuns

tumblr_mq22p6evsP1splcf6o2_250.gif

This killed me.

I'm glad I can laugh at this FFX2.5 stuff cause I'd cry otherwise. I started replaying FFX2 and after learning of the novel and hearing the audio drama just didn't want to play anymore.
lollll what the shit.

Wait, she breaks up with him after his head is blown up? He doesn't die?
I think she recreates him with pyreflies? Like the summons are?

It's strange because she seems to have a hard time dealing with him being "fake" though she fell in love with a fake him in FFX. I believe the audio drama also highlights that the far plane is acting up and more people are being given a form similar to Tidus. I assume the story arc for a FFX-3 would involve hiding from Tidus the truth of his condition and the emotional toll on Yuna as she deals with a reborn sin knowing that Tidus will, once again, disappear if she conquers it. Maybe even make Yuna the villain of the story working against defeating Sin. It's a complete retread accomplished by killing Tidus during the novel shortly after the end of FFX-2 though. Dumb.

FFX didn't need a sequel but as far as unnecessary sequels go I was mostly ok with FFX-2. What comes after is just ridiculous nonsense.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
I only played FFX at the original launch and really forgot about the story. Reading the thread makes my head want to explode. I can't believe the story was that silly. Never played X-2.

Teknoman

Hows that worse? Thats actually kinda cool.

EDIT: X-2 had a platinum quality soundtrack.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
The question is whether Tidus and Jecht were people living in the original Zanarkand set in a time redux where they lived forever living every day like it was new without realizing time wasn't passing, are descendants of "people" that were dreamed up by the Fayth in Dream Zanarkand, or they were approximations that lived in a time redux like the first example or were approximations based on descendants of the first approximations.

I think the time redux can be ruled out, since Auron, who is not part of the dream, visited Dream Zanarkand in the past while Tidus was still a child as saw him grow up over the course of 10 years. Jecht also left Dream Zanarkand years in the past according to Tidus, but during Braska's pilgrimage it was a recent event according to Jecht.

Rymuth

lollll what the shit.

Wait, she breaks up with him after his head is blown up? He doesn't die?
She resurrects him (again).

But then she says he's changed somehow, doesn't like it and chooses to break up with him.

Either the trauma of his head getting blow off had changed him or the idiot accidentally brought back Jecht in Tidus' body. I mean, LOOK~

latest

Yarbskoo

I look forward to this being a story thread in the remake.

O_O

I was thinking about resisting the Final Fantasy series, but wow that makes me not give a crap again.

Don't worry, Nojima's role was downplayed when Versus became FFXV.

Yeah, but
from how Nojima says that the Shinra Corporation was founded 1000 years after the events of FFX-2, meaning it was still not that significant regarding what occurred in FFVII. If the corporation was founded in circa the modern era of FFVII's world, that would still mean everything with the Cetra and Jenova landing predated the Al Bhed/Shinra's descendants arriving on Gaia.

I just see it like this,
the descendants of Shinra arrived after Jenova was sealed and the Cetra civilization was fading away. They were forced to abandon their technology and married into the already existing human(former Cetra that abandoned the call of the Planet) civilization on Gaia, but some sort of inherited instinct kept them interested in technology, which is why they'd become a weapons manufacturer, then a Mako power corporation.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
She resurrects him (again).

But then she says he's changed somehow, doesn't like it and chooses to break up with him.

Either the trauma of his head getting blow off had changed him or the idiot accidentally brought back Jecht in Tidus' body. I mean, LOOK~

latest
He came to terms with his dad issues, grew up, started drinking, stopped listening to rock and roll and became another man. It was like I didn't even know him anymore. Every night he was getting toked up in the den, or coming home at three in the morning. Sometimes with people I didn't know. I couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to break it off. I know what they say about high school relationships, but a part of me really wanted it to work. The day he started wearing that headband in public was the last straw.

~Yuna, FFX2.5

Top Bottom