• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So you want to know about Ultron? No strings attached, I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSlek

wat? how? dude was kinda weak in guardians.

He was kind of created to kill Thanos.

0Uhw5t3.jpg

I know so little about Ultron so this thread has been a good read.

So how does Ultron fare against Apocalypes?

Can he beat apocolypse or is the big A's celestial tech too much for Ultron?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I know so little about Ultron so this thread has been a good read.

So how does Ultron fare against Apocalypes?

Can he beat apocolypse or is the big A's celestial tech too much for Ultron?

If we're talking Phalanx Ultron, then Ultron would probably take him no contest. Otherwise it'd probably be a stalemate.

It's just going to be a generic, hard to beat, ranting bad guy and picked Ultron because he's scary looking.

In other words I'm not expecting much.

Pretty much.

ppl going too deep. It's a PG-13 so very easy laid out backstory cherry picking comic history to whatever suits the plot so even a young person / can understand.

Complete with a after-credit scene hinting at maybe/something-or other trope.

There was a twist in annihilation conquest?

Yes to the female bit, but she wasn't found dead, Thanos turned her into a vegetable.

15498152801_f57c431184_b.jpg

15501311795_1863b7924b_b.jpg

15314644988_ec60041b13_b.jpg

That reminds me, what happened to Skreet? She was on Thanos' shoulder up to Annihilation, but when he came back in Imperative, she didn't return.

I love how this thread became about Thanos as soon as he was mentioned.

Why does he keep that bargain bin wasp around, btw?

Also you don't need to keep hinting at what a reed without checks would become Slay. You also know what it took to stop him :p

I love how this thread became about Thanos as soon as he was mentioned.

Why does he keep that bargain bin wasp around, btw?

Who? Skreet?

She is pretty powerful herself, she is a Chaos Mite (the only survivor it seems), she was among the first life forms on the universe, and survived the culling of her race by Galactus-like beings.

Look at this:
Skreet page on ComicVine

Powers and Abilitiies

Skreet is a Chaos Mite. Powerful ancient fairy like creatures create by proemial god Diableri. Skreet possesses superhuman strength, stamina, speed, agility, and energy projection. Skreet is incredibly durable, arguably invulnerable, virtually indestructible and effectively immortal also having existed since near the beginning of time. Winged, Skreet can use her appendages to fly at supersonic speeds, but she may also utilize a special type of plasma that she naturally creates to boost her speed and fly unaided in space. Skreet possesses incredible strength for her relative size. Skreet can use her plasma energies as an offensive weapon. Skreet has been able to contend with Heralds of Galactus in the past.

back when i collected random ass comics (because i was like 8 and they were awesome) i remember buying this guy:
b1_100000_0_WestCoastAvengersVol289UltronU.jpg

still love that cover to this day.

Sinatar

We're talking about Skreet, but where the hell Cammi wound up is a pretty good question too... I guess DnA weren't really feeling the "sidekicks" thing Giffen was trying to set up.

Cammi joined some space bandits and ended up fighting in the arena on Murderworld. I believe she's back on Earth now. It's covered in Avengers Arena from what I recall.

Rooster12

He also resurrected Ho Yin-Sen (the guy who helped Tony built the first Iron Man armor) and all his students as well.

Eventually gaining control of all the Iron Man suits

380228-6504-129580-1-iron-man.jpg

Somebody spoil to me, how was the Ultimate Universe spared of Galactus?

I thought the Ultimate Universe was meant to end this way, and somehow it still remains.
How they drove off Galactus, and what happened wit Gal Ak Tus or whatever it was called?

Mudcrab

I thought the Ultimate Universe was meant to end this way, and somehow it still remains.
How they drove off Galactus, and what happened wit Gal Ak Tus or whatever it was called?

Ultimate Gal AK Tus merged with our Galactus and turned into Hunger. Went to Earth fucked a bunch of shit up then Kitty Pride took some Giantman serum and threw his ass into the negative zone (I think Thor helped out though). I shit you not.

Slayven

They trapped him in the Negative zone.

Ultimate Gal AK Tus merged with our Galactus and turned into Hunger. Went to Earth fucked a bunch of shit up then Kitty Pride took some Giantman serum and threw his ass into the negative zone (I think Thor helped out though). I shit you not.

OKay, I needed to be mad about something today.

Thanks man :)

Who wrote that shit?

Sinatar

I think I'm gonna start working on the Thanos thread tonight, give me some thread title ideas peeps.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
eh, I dunno if I'd go that far. Ultron is a very nasty character.

Thanos would win more often than not, but Ultron would give him the fits. Taking over the Phalanx and and cutting a swath of murder across the galaxy is right up there with Thanos' greatest hits.

I agree and adamantium...we know it goes riiiiiiight through Thanos like a hot knife through butter *Good thing he's an Eternal*.

3029014-5208431965-21469.jpg

I wanna see Ultron let loose on Haala and infect the Supreme Intelligence, Ultron Nega bombs over Baghdad.

Don't take his word for it because he's wrong. Reed at his worst is better then Doom at his best. Doom is the worst marry sue in Marvel and Doom fan boys will try and convince you he's really the best hero in Marvel.

Only one of those characters is physically capable of shoving his head into his own rectum. No wonder that he does that a lot.

But yes, current Doom is a gary stu. Also humanity's only hope.

Still better than Tchalla tho, even if incursions have been decreasing his gary stu status by leaps and bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom