• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some PS5 Owners Are Experiencing Visual Artifacts Issues

saintjules

It seems like we get a daily thread on new issues with the PS5

I feel bad for all the PS5 owners out there

My PS5 is smooth as butter with none of those crazy issues. Bet you people are trying to stuff them in cabinets via their Entertainment Center.

Last edited:

Schnozberry

Always sucks to get a defective console. Hopefully this is limited to just a few users and doesn't become a widespread problem. I must admit my jaw clenched a little bit when I read about the late cycle clock speed increase and the liquid metal thermal solution. It could be completely unrelated, but it really does seem they are pushing this hardware about as hard as they can with clocks and thermals.

Yeah no clue why this is being made a big deal (again).

Literally every console has GPU failures in the first batches unless it's massively underclocked for thermals. Even then.

It sucks when it happens to you, but it's the risk of Day One purchase. Haven't had issues with Series X (besides a weird HDR issue when switching from game to dashboard. Makes my 900H freak the fuck out)

It sucks when it happens to you, but it's the risk of Day One purchase. Haven't had issues with Series X (besides a weird HDR issue when switching from game to dashboard. Makes my 900H freak the fuck out)

I totally understand it sucks - but that's what warranties (or returns) are for.

It's definitely worse when its a launch console since you can't just run up to the store and swap it - but everyone knows launch anythings come with risk.

Yeah no clue why this is being made a big deal (again).

Literally every console has GPU failures in the first batches unless it's massively underclocked for thermals. Even then.
I have never once in my entire life experienced GPU issue with a launch day console. You act like it’s a common thing.

I have never once in my entire life experienced GPU issue with a launch day console. You act like it’s a common thing.

A) Your first-hand experiences are .00001% of the population.

B) Any first-gen "launch" anything has issues (and no not "common" but there's a huge gap between common and statistically non-existent). Cars, GPUs, Consoles, Planes, you name it. It's like arguing the sky isn't blue.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Those are just another graphic (d)effects like DoF, motion blur, CA, film grain, vignette that devs are introducing this gen.

A) Your first-hand experiences are .00001% of the population.

B) Any first-gen "launch" anything has issues (and no not "common" but there's a huge gap between common and statistically non-existent). Cars, GPUs, Consoles, Planes, you name it. It's like arguing the sky isn't blue.
I don’t know. As far as I’m concerned your perception of the situation is about as anecdotal as mine.

I have experienced several console launches. I don’t recall anything like this.

I don’t know. As far as I’m concerned your perception of the situation is about as anecdotal as mine.

I have experienced several console launches. I don’t recall anything like this.

If you dont know, then how would you know? "I dont know, but I still talk like I would be right"

It is tiny fraction of systems that have bad gpu, so weird that your evidence is "mine have been good, so it is not true" :messenger_winking:

I remember these from ps4/one and 360/ps3 gens, similar gpu artifacts.

PC GPUs have similar bad units

But it is usually tiny percentacle so no need to worry

sinnergy

Holy shit! :messenger_open_mouth:
These are a sign of gpu core instability!
I wonder when Sony issue a 'firmware stability fix'. Will DF retest DMC5 and ACV.
If this is wide spread , they have to, but if there are just a couple of faulty GPUs you can let it slide.

but there is more to the fan update firmware if you ask me ...

FranXico

These are defective GPUs.
The exact same thing happened in 2013.

It won't be widespread, people who were unlucky enough need to ask for a replacement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom