• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog social media posts 25th anniversary clip - hidden numbers inside

RK128

You see, in the same vein that you believe past transgressions means they shouldn't bother, I believe their past successes mean that there's still much potential to be unlocked. The amazing game that Sonic Adventure can be improved upon, and turned in to something seriously epic, but it won't happen if they keep churning out safe-zone 2D games and racetrack-boost 3D Sonics. They need to take a chance, they need to be allowed to take one.

Maybe that is what this anniversary game in the works really is, a return to the Speed-gameplay of Adventure but taking notes from the original mainly (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy being playable and only having very slight differences control/gameplay wise).

I would be hopeful, but a game like 06 shows that if you try doing everything at once, everything suffers. If they just focused ONLY on Sonic, Silver and Shadow and nothing else (no hub missions, amego characters, story), we could of gotten a decent game.

I don't want a SA3 now....but I would be open to one if they handled it like Unleashed. I was one of the crazy people that enjoyed the Werehog portions of the game and it was what I expected from Sonic Team; focus on two style instead of six or three leading both being quite polished and enjoyable. Same thing could be applied to Sonic Generations with Modern/Classic Sonic too.

I will give them a chance if the box says 'Sonic Adventure 3', I won't be excited, I will be worried until proven wrong.

All the hinting about it being SA3 means it probably is.

Real shame if it is too, because I only have interest in another sonic colours/generations(With less filler) game,

liquidtmd

Banned
Krome Studios wikipedia page lists "Sonic Boom: A Hole in the Wall" for 2016 Wii U, PS4, PS3 and Xbox One. Probably nothing but could be something.

Its most likely the big anniversary title, get hyped GAF!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krome_Studios

Teaser trailer

TVVibRR.gif

RK128

Krome Studios wikipedia page lists "Sonic Boom: A Hole in the Wall" for 2016 Wii U, PS4, PS3 and Xbox One. Probably nothing but could be something.

Its most likely the big anniversary title, get hyped GAF!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krome_Studios

jQmVFypWInKCc.gif

I'm sorry for the gif but I just don't see that happening :'). The anniversary game will be either Modern game, a Classic game or TWO games (Classic & Modern).

We already have Sonic Boom Fire & Ice to cover the Boom series, so no need for a console game after how horrid Rise of Lyric was. If anything, Sega might of lined up Krome for a sequel to that before it released but quickly scrapped it once RoL bombed so hard.

The only reason this didn't happen to Sanzaru is because Shattered Crystal was closer to the sonic series gameplay wise, so Sega saw potential with that and continued working with Sanzaru on Fire & Ice (coming out this year).

Anyone can edit Wikipedia

Which is why I said could be nothing and didn't make a thread.

jQmVFypWInKCc.gif

I'm sorry for the gif but I just don't see that happening :'). The anniversary game will be either Modern game, a Classic game or TWO games (Classic & Modern).

We already have Sonic Boom Fire & Ice to cover the Boom series, so no need for a console game after how horrid Rise of Lyric was. If anything, Sega might of lined up Krome for a sequel to that before it released but quickly scrapped it once RoL bombed so hard.

The only reason this didn't happen to Sanzaru is because Shattered Crystal was closer to the sonic series gameplay wise, so Sega saw potential with that and continued working with Sanzaru on Fire & Ice (coming out this year).
simpsons-sarcasm-detector-o.gif

"could be nothing"?

You honestly believe there is any chance at all that some random editor on wikipedia leaked that, among a bunch of obviously fake announcements including Wario world 2 and Super Monkey ball 3?

I do, yes. It's a pretty obscure development studio that seems perfect for a Sonic Boom project, I haven't said that a Wikipedia listing confirms that its happening but I'm also not disregarding it.

RK128

I do, yes. It's a pretty obscure development studio that seems perfect for a Sonic Boom project, I haven't said that a Wikipedia listing confirms that its happening but I'm also not disregarding it.

I could see it, but I don't picture it being a console project. After Sanzaru wraps up Boom Fire & Ice, I see Krome (with some Sega of America Staff helping out) make 'Hole in the Wall' for NX handheld, Vita and maybe iOS devices in 2017 or 2018.

They are not big enough to warrant a console project, so who knows. If the Colors team is helping them, maybe I could see it happening.

Well you're wrong and a sucker then.

I could go edit any wiki page I'd like to confirm "sonic generations 2" and "sonic adventure 3" as titles releasing in 2016, with less than a minute effort, then of course you'd have to come here and post about those too. What a year that would be!

edit: In fact, someone has even confirmed a title change since then. It's now Sonic Boom: Flash kick rising. Wowsa, Krome sure got on that leak fast. Shame it got leaked again.

Well you're wrong and a sucker then.

I could go edit any wiki page I'd like to confirm "sonic generations 2" and "sonic adventure 3" as titles releasing in 2016, with less than a minute effort, then of course you'd have to come here and post about those too. What a year that would be!

I haven't at any point called it a confirmation, I'm just passing on something that caught my eye. It just seems so obscure and out of the blue for someone to waste their time putting on Wikipedia and I'm fully aware people edit the site with fake info all the time. There's no need to be a jerk about it.

I haven't at any point called it a confirmation, I'm just passing on something that caught my eye. It just seems so obscure and out of the blue for someone to waste their time putting on Wikipedia and I'm fully aware people edit the site with fake info all the time. There's no need to be a jerk about it.

I was too much of a dick there, sorry.

But there is absolutely no way that information is ever correct, and random rumours ar ejust a waste of everybodys time

They made Barbie games in the past? If true, I cannot expect nothing good from here.

That's REALLY underselling Krome. Krome created the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series and did the Legend of Spyro reboot series. They're actually porting the first Ty game to Steam.

They were in huge danger of closing back at around 2010, but somehow they managed to hang in there and did some small to mid-size projects, including a mobile Ty game (which they now call Ty 4, alrighty then...), and surprisingly that Ubisoft Toy Soldiers game on PS4 and XBO, showing they can still do a retail game on current-gen systems.

Edit: Whoops, dp...

Top Bottom