• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Cuts PlayStation 3 Price, Aims to Double Sales.

applause.gif

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
You're way lttp with this news. The thousand post thread rose and died hours ago.

And it was awesome.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
the only important thing from that article...
"Sony will cut prices further as production costs continue to drop, Pachter said. "

Bloomberg.com said:
``There are no plans for any other price cuts in other region at this time,'' David Karraker, a spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., said by telephone today.

No price cut for Europe?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DeathNote said:
the only important thing from that article...
"Sony will cut prices further as production costs continue to drop, Pachter said. "

Pachter is a genious

davepoobond said:
its raining in the middle of July in the US?

Because this seems a better avenue than rehashing the same ****ing thread over and over again, it's actually been raining here for a good two months. I'd say the last two months have had a 60% chance of rain. Best summer ever, really.

Well on one hand, the sales have been so weak up to now that doubling them shouldn't be that big of a feat but on the other hand I don't see $499 selling well. That is unless they really get their marketing shit together and aggressively pursue the 5 free BluRays = another $100 off angle and pitch the system as "only really costing $399."

Didn't think this would happen in 2007.

BrokenSymmetry said:
No price cut for Europe?
They wouldn't announce it before it was right around the corner. But with PS3 selling best in Euroland thus far I don't think they are in a haste to loose more money.

Raistlin

Sqorgar said:
Does anybody know if this will include the change to software emulation for PSX/PS2 games like in Europe?

My understanding is that all new PS3's being manufactured have the new EE-less PS2 HW.

Similarly, all new models will have the 80GB once Sony uses up its remaining stock of 60GB HDDs (if that hasn't already occurred).

Top Bottom