• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

I'm hoping for Crash news, good or bad, just so I can post this dumb gif I made

NO53zYb.gif

...why would Sucker Punch make SOCOM? lol.

They won't but in our minds somebody has too!

Because TEAM ICO would take too long.

Lmao

Love SOCOM, but I don't see it as a good fit either.

If Sony wants to get back into the SOCOM game, give a small, internal team a chance with a remaster or remake of SOCOM 1/2. They need to build from the ground up cause the series is at rock bottom. It would allow the new team to create something people love and give them a chance to interact with the community. Let them learn about the SOCOM people loved before making a new one.

Or just give me a remaster of S2 with online support (wouldn't mind CA in addition to S2 for both groups within the overall community) and tell us it's been a fun ride, but it's over.

Everything you're saying would be pretty much ideal. I would love a remake of SOCOM 1/2 but I don't know if they'd put that much resources in it. That would be a dream come
True. More realistic might be a remaster/HD collection at some point.

SP making a SOCOM...Colin's reaction would be priceless.

Forget Colin, were worried about Boomer here.

_Ryo_

Sony security was pretty good last year. There were no rumblings about FFVII until a couple of hours before the conference. And the only thing pointing to Shenmue was from Yu Suzuki himself.

Nope. There were several sources saying Shenmue 3 would show. They were wrong about the developers making it yet very very adamant that it would be there.

Believe one source said it was being made by QD. Lol.

Everything you're saying would be pretty much ideal. I would love a remake of SOCOM 1/2 but I don't know if they'd put that much resources in it. That would be a dream come
True. More realistic might be a remaster/HD collection at some point.

Cheapest, most viable path to SOCOM is a remaster/remake of the older games (with online support dammit!). Sony isn't investing tens of millions of dollars in a brand new PS4 SOCOM game.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Cheapest, most viable path to SOCOM is a remaster/remake of the older games (with online support dammit!). Sony isn't investing tens of millions of dollars in a brand new PS4 SOCOM game.

Can any of the Socom games work on PS2 Classics? Or is the online function the entire basis of the game? Hopefully Syphony Filter and Wipeout Fusion come over via PS2C.

Boke1879

I'm glad nothing had leaked too bad on the Sony front. Because you have people thinking they have nothing to show lol. That also means that whatever they do show is a legit surprise. No matter how big or small the game is.

Elfstruck

There isn't that much salt surrounding DR. I don't think there will be much more salt around a potential DMC5 exclusive announcement. RE7 ... That would be something else entirely, though.

Re: Monster Hunter, if it's going to have a console edition I'd like it on both Ps4 and NX. I don't see Capcom taking it away from handhelds entirely because it's too successful in Japan, but I could certainly see them doing a DQXI with the next title.

Well, assuming DR4 is Xbox/PC, I don't think it's that big of a deal since DR3 wasn't on PS4 in the first place. However, if DMC5 is PS4 exclusive I bet there will be a lot of PC port begging in the thread.

Can any of the Socom games work on PS2 Classics? Or is the online function the entire basis of the game? Hopefully Syphony Filter and Wipeout Fusion come over via PS2C.

SOCOM without the multiplayer is beyond pointless. As for PS2 Classics, I don't think any of them support online functionality, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I agree, although I'm sure with enough success a remaster could totally lead to a brand new game down the line. I just want them to give it a chance with that small risk. It wouldn't be a huge investment or anything.

Shu said at PSX that they're not able to turn the SOCOM 2 servers back on. I'd think there would be some sort of solution for that but I guess not :(

Shin-chan

Well, assuming DR4 is Xbox/PC, I don't think it's that big of a deal since DR3 wasn't on PS4 in the first place. However, if DMC5 is PS4 exclusive I bet there will be a lot of PC port begging in the thread.
Well yeah, but there's a lot of PC port begging in every announcement thread.

well yeah we all know its gonna be 20 mins of hulst struggling to convey how horizon is an rpg

30 mins of vr

10 mins of no man sky

and sneak peaks of powers with bendis talking for 30 mins

We know almost all studios and what games they are doing now. We got even leaks and screens from some games.
Sucker Punch must be the only studio that we don't anything about the game they are making now.

Thank god there's been no actual leaks.
Also, first time poster (just got activated!) and going to the Playstation Experience. Safe to say it's been a good summer already.

DKHF

Thank god there's been no actual leaks.
Also, first time poster (just got activated!) and going to the Playstation Experience. Safe to say it's been a good summer already.
Nice, welcome. This is the best time of year to be a member of GAF so that's good timing.

Well I don't know why would you control leak half of your press conference?

- DR4 Gameplay
- Ori and The Will of Wisps Title
- Recore Images & Release Date
- Halo Wars 2 CGI Trailer
- Xbox Slim

I hope MS has more then that with regards to big announcements, that's a pretty meh e3.

Rembrandt

Banned
QD is showing off Detroit at E3, right? I hope we get some extended footage of this somewhere and hopefully a true Until Dawn expansion or sequel.

Jamaro85

Just realized this is during the NBA Finals. Thank goodness that series is looking less and less interesting after last game and can probably be relegated to "have it on in the background" status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom