• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sense

I kinda feel like Sony might hold back some announcements which were probably planned just in case ms knocked it out of the park but that didn't happen.

camac002

As we get closer to Sony's conference later this evening, I wonder if people will be as critical on Sony as they were with Microsoft. As redundant as it is to say, I do get reminded of one thing of when I watch Sony's conferences: Sony don't go out of their way to mention if some games are multiplatform; only if there is "Exclusive content" that will on their consoles.

Part of me feels as though that for any "Multiplatform" games that get shown off, some are going to blow it off and not raise as much hell over it as we saw yesterday.
Definitely will be an interesting show though. Microsoft did set the bar high, question is what we'll see out of Sony?

Do you honestly not understand why that is? For the last 3 years at least. they've had a decent mix of Sony published games to go with the multiplats. That's the whole point. Come on.

soul

Man, I fucking hate the time differences. Wish I could stay up to watch.

Per usual, it will be @ 4 AM here.

Guess I'll catch up a few hours later on. :/

Same time as the NBA Finals...
1496334006558.gif

Here are some of my hopes & wishes:

Spider-man - I want it to wow the living hell out of me. I trust Insomniac so much I know they can deliver, but I want to be like this is why I own this system.

DMC5 - White hair Dante in the flesh please Capcom, do ettt

Firmware Update - Give in to demands Sony, hell why don't you pull a miracle and say 4K compatibility coming soon through a firmware update. Give people what they want in PSN name changes (I'll never change mine muahaha)

FF7 RE - I need some good news here, some new footage, SOMETHING

Sucker Punch - It's been far too long, I would love to know what they are working on.

mas8705

Always fun to see several people quote you. While saying "Set the bar high" can have a vary of definitions, I am looking towards Sony's conference in the same way that some have looked into Microsoft's conference yesterday. Mind you did Microsoft set up alot of AAA titles? Of course not. A few if at all at best. However, how many titles did we see will be coming out for Xbox over the course of these next couple of months? I like to think it was a fair amount there. Something to which I hope we see out of Sony as well since while the "exclusives" are more vast, there is quite a bit of a waiting time to actually see them come out.

Apologies that I'm not in the camp that immediately says "Sony Wins!" before they show off what they have. People thought that Bethesda was going to blow Microsoft out of the water, and look at what happened there. There are a good number of factors that we need to take into account of not just what gets shown off, but when we are going to see it too. Otherwise, we find ourselves getting overhyped over a game that will go MIA next year.

Of course, do I want to see Sony do well enough where I can say "Sony Wins!" by all means. There's no denying that they had the best show last year. It is just going to be hard to top it; especially considering that they can't pull out the hardware card again (or if they do, it could be seen as a slap in the face to those who just got the Pro).

Do you honestly not understand why that is? For the last 3 years at least. they've had a decent mix of Sony published games to go with the multiplats. That's the whole point. Come on.

We see that for both Microsoft and Sony conferences in terms of "Multiplatform" games. I'm just ready to see people respond much more positive to games shown in Sony's conference than in Microsoft's conference. Hell, if I recall last year correctly, there people were some that were praising the hell out of Call of Duty that was shown in Sony's conference in spite of it being the exact same gameplay reveal that we have seen for several years out of Microsoft's conference. It is stuff like that I'm expecting to see, but if we see some legit surprises, you won't see me complaining about it.

katsais

Sony all I ask for is a white PS4 Pro (just in case I decide not to buy a XOX).

And by the gods of Mount Olympus, please make a Sony-branded Elite Controller-like controller for the PS4.

gamerMan

I can't believe that Sony has to just show up to win. Next year, Microsoft and Nintendo needs to give them some competition. This is too easy.

kpaadet

As we get closer to Sony's conference later this evening, I wonder if people will be as critical on Sony as they were with Microsoft. As redundant as it is to say, I do get reminded of one thing of when I watch Sony's conferences: Sony don't go out of their way to mention if some games are multiplatform; only if there is "Exclusive content" that will on their consoles.

Part of me feels as though that for any "Multiplatform" games that get shown off, some are going to blow it off and not raise as much hell over it as we saw yesterday. Definitely will be an interesting show though. Microsoft did set the bar high, question is what we'll see out of Sony?
It's a Sony conference why should they go out of their way to tell you that a multi platform game is also coming to Xbox? That is up to the publishers to make clear. That said it's appreciated when 1st party makes it clear whether it's timed/full exclusive or just have some dlc.

Are they even worth it? I read that a lot, if not most, 4K Blu Rays are actually not native 4K. Still 2K is better than 1080 but really makes it hard to care!

It's true that a lot of 4K blurays are not native 4k transfers, however you can still get the benefits of increased bitrate, color range and HDR with a 2k movie. For instance, Pacific Rim is still considered a great 4k release by most even though it comes from a 2k source. The difference is notable.

I don't always go for the UHD bluray, I still regularly buy standard blurays. However for certain particularly visually appealing movies, I splurge on the UHD.

Simo

Right now I'm most excited from the show is seeing more of God of War and getting a release date. My head says it'll be Spring 2018 but in my heart I'm hoping for the end of the year. lol

Aside from that I'm excited for Spider-Man, Detroit and Days Gone. Everything else I'm not sure on or what could be shown.

Pipe dream to make me lose my shit: Rockstar gets a mention and we get a new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2.

yarr?

new ubi pirate game confirmed.

Hopefully he's right this time. He expected the Pirate IP to show up at last year's conference but we got the snowboarding game instead. lol

RSchmitz

Ubi is going earlier right? I just realized I´ll miss their show since I´ll still be at work. Their old spot was perfect for me and was pretty close to Sony so no major gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom