• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Here's hoping most of the marketing deal titles aren't at the conference.
COD, Star Wars, and Destiny will absolutely be there.

Far Cry 5 may skip unless there is some feature they want to promote (like that co-op key thing with Far Cry 4), but chances for this skipping are high due the reveal already having happened, Ubi having their own press conference, and it being a February 2018 release (meaning it can show up at PSX 2017 instead).

Fifa may show up if the marketing has indeed switched over and if there is again, something special coming out of the deal rather than something that can just be mentioned at their E3 presser, and have other marketing stuff for PS4 from now on.

RDR2 is not going to show up.

So, half will show up at least. Anything I'm missing?

Well sorry y'all not getting either from bluepoint. It's obvious what they're doing. The ape escape 3 ps2 classic never came because obviously Sony decided to do a full remake ratchet and clank style of it with bluepoint
I'd take it, honestly lol. Everyone else would be pissed.

shinobi was one of the main leakers last year and he seems to have dialed it back even though he still knows stuff.
Gaf pushed him away but it is probably better this way. No expectations for stuff, just hype.

Is this dead yet?
giphy.gif

I remember when days before E3 a rumor about remake of Final Fantasy VII emerged that said the game would have Advent Children like graphics. But this time sites like Siliconera backed it up.
Anyone already call the PlayStation E3 thread?
Actually yeah who's making the thread this year?
Insiders get ppl so riled up y'all do the fake info thing is more annoying than them teasing at this point
Getting some bad memories of Batzi and Verendus. BELEE DAT!

Tonky

Shinobi got a lot of heat last year for the TLOU Part II leak. Some of y'all went vicious on him so I understand why he dialed back.

Nauren

I enjoy the leaks, the real ones and the fake ones. The mystery and research that goes into it and most of all, the leaks that are too good to be true but somehow are real.

I believe the fake FF7 remake leaks that came years before the real one may have even played a role in driving up interest and awareness that it was needed.

Was the announcement of a sequel to Sony's most successful recent IP that surprising?

It would've been yeah, since we had no idea it was coming until Shinobi explicitly mentioned it about four says prior to the event.

Like, when you're that close to the conference and the game is still a secret to the general public, why even tell anyone about it?

My stance has always been that if you have some interesting info regarding a game that isn't tied to any event happening soon the leaks don't bother me and are probably interesting but if you leak a game announcement a few days (or even worse, few hours) before the presentation then there is no point and it just undermines the surprise and the work developers are putting in to showing the game.

Skeeter49

I wonder if Sony will come out at the EA conference/ Ubisoft conference like last year with Ubisoft, so they can get their marketing for the game out of the way without it being at the show.

3rd party stuff isn't bad if it's interesting. Even Infinite Warfare's demo last year was pretty interesting at E3. Something like Watch Dogs 2, if it's trailer was anything like we saw, would have really hurt the conference though.

Was the announcement of a sequel to Sony's most successful recent IP that surprising?
At an event that had no new first party content the year prior?

2014 had new Xdev stuff from SSD and SSM, plus The Show, 2015 had no new first party games, I think even the show was revealed the day prior at TGA's, so yes it is pretty surprising, especially when ND was rumored to be bringing another game to PSX. Thinking they'd have two games there is insane.

Tonky

Another thing that's interesting is that we got concept art for Horizon almost a year before it was actually announced. For some reason, we don't know jack about Sucker Punch's new game. Weird..

I wonder if Sony will come out at the EA conference/ Ubisoft conference like last year with Ubisoft, so they can get their marketing for the game out of the way without it being at the show.

3rd party stuff isn't bad if it's interesting. Even Infinite Warfare's demo last year was pretty interesting at E3. Something like Watch Dogs 2, if it's trailer was anything like we saw, would have really hurt the conference though.
I hope so.

Another thing that's interesting is that we got concept art for Horizon almost a year before it was actually announced. For some reason, we don't know jack about Sucker Punch's new game. Weird..

To be fair I don't think Sucker Punch has ever really leaked anything thus far, correct me if I'm wrong.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Shinobi got a lot of heat last year for the TLOU Part II leak. Some of y'all went vicious on him so I understand why he dialed back.
I'm glad he left. I hope he never comes back. He can leak it up all he wants on Twitter, but man I hate leaks.

I joked that it was kinda nice that the whole MS conference leaked last year because I could take breaks during the conference and not miss anything but seriously leaks suck.

I'm glad he left. I hope he never comes back. He can leak it up all he wants on Twitter, but man I hate leaks.
Wow...
Speaking of which...Dissidia PS4 might get announced; it's probably almost complete.
How many characters do we have left to he revealed before we have the original cast in Dissidia and 012?
Come on, some kind soul step up!
Anyone? If not I'll do it but I'm 100 percent sure some brave person already signed up.

delSai

The only third party games i'd like to see is whatever Rocksteady is up to or WB Montreals Batman game. I dont think we will see either tho. Hope they dont spend too much time on Destiny, CoD and Star Wars and possibly even Fifa.

My stance has always been that if you have some interesting info regarding a game that isn't tied to any event happening soon the leaks don't bother me and are probably interesting but if you leak a game announcement a few days (or even worse, few hours) before the presentation then there is no point and it just undermines the surprise and the work developers are putting in to showing the game.

Same here, such short term, last minute leaks before a scheduled event are really annoying and serve only one purpose: gaining some internet fame for the leaker.

The only third party games i'd like to see is whatever Rocksteady is up to or WB Montreals Batman game. I dont think we will see either tho. Hope they dont spend too much time on Destiny, CoD and Star Wars and possibly even Fifa.

We won't see Montreal's Batman until Shadow of War ships I expect, and then depending on how much Rocksteady's new project uses their formula I'd reckon they'd want spacing between those two things too.

Kyoufu

I joked that it was kinda nice that the whole MS conference leaked last year because I could take breaks during the conference and not miss anything but seriously leaks suck.

Twitter leaks would find their way here anyway.

I'm on Gaf basically 24/7 but someway, somehow I completely missed the TLOU Part II leak. I had no idea it was going to happen (specially with The Lost Legacy reveal early on the conference) so it made the announcement much more special for me.

I'm on Gaf basically 24/7 but someway, somehow I completely missed the TLOU Part II leak. I had no idea it was going to happen (specially with The Lost Legacy reveal early on the conference) so it made the announcement much more special for me.

TLL being shown made me think that the TLoUPII reveal wasn't going to happen there. I mean, two ND reveals during the same show? So, i'd argue it was still surprising even though there were rumors of it being shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom