• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think that TLOU p2 at E3 is actually possible, but I personally wouldnt want them to show it unless they had gameplay ready to show. Its hard for me to imagine that ND would already have a vertical slice put together, especially with TLL on the horizon.

ArjanN

Was the announcement of a sequel to Sony's most successful recent IP that surprising?

Maybe in the sense that it didn't really need a sequel at all. but no, not really otherwise.

Here's hoping most of the marketing deal titles aren't at the conference.

Yeah, me too. And the same goes for most of the stuff from last year like God of War, Days Gone etc, but it's pretty inevitable that's going to be most of the show.

AAMARMO

Banned
Could this be a new PS4 SKU that got leaked before E3:
84Qd09T.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6dvcwb/ps4screenshot_new_gold_ps4_slim_1tb_coming/?st=j397bt4z&sh=16aa8440

Some Nobody

I'm glad he left. I hope he never comes back. He can leak it up all he wants on Twitter, but man I hate leaks.

I joked that it was kinda nice that the whole MS conference leaked last year because I could take breaks during the conference and not miss anything but seriously leaks suck.

Half the reason this place is worth visiting is the leaks. Stop.

Is this dead yet?
giphy.gif

It turned into Dragon's Dogma 2. Believe lol.

I basically want to see as much new stuff as possible. IMO the stuff from last year we saw gameplay for is more or less a known quantity and doesn't have a lot of surprise factor even if it looks good.
We've seen 10 minutes of bare bones footage of both Gow and days gone,a small trailer with gameplay mixed in for Spider-Man,4 minute of gameplay for Detroit. Ppl will lose their shit if they weren't there.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Spider-man would seem like a good game to open with, especially with Homecoming around the corner. I'd like that. And the orchestra playing this

ArjanN

We've seen 10 minutes of bare bones footage of both Gow and days gone,a small trailer with gameplay mixed in for Spider-Man,4 minute of gameplay for Detroit. Ppl will lose their shit if they weren't there.

Well, yeah. I was talking about what I personally want to see. And to be honest I do feel we pretty much know what those games will be like.

Some Nobody

I basically want to see as much new stuff as possible. IMO the stuff from last year we saw gameplay for is more or less a known quantity and doesn't have a lot of surprise factor even if it looks good.

Lol, fuck that. The Spider-Man trailer is 90 seconds. I need at least five to seven minutes to drool over if I gotta wait another year.

Well, yeah. I was talking about what I personally want to see. And to be honest I do feel we pretty much know what those games will be like.

Not really.
-Sony Bend has mentioned a lot of features that weren't present in the Days Gone demo. I'd like to see some of them.
-GoW is so different now that people wonder how the gameplay will work with large groups of enemies and bosses.
-We've basically seen nothing of Spiderman. We don't know how the combat and web swinging work.

ArjanN

Lol, fuck that. The Spider-Man trailer is 90 seconds. I need at least five to seven minutes to drool over if I gotta wait another year.

I really didn't count Spiderman as something we've seen gameplay for.

That said, let's be real, it'll be like the other open-world Spiderman games, except look and play better.

RedHill

Banned
I wanna know what that Ruin4r space game was about. I think he was wrong about it being Naughty Dog. Could Sucker Punch be making a space game?

ArjanN

How are there no leaks for any of the platforms, they must have changed NDA agreements to be quite harsh.

A lot of the leaks also only happen on the last day or so, because by then there's more and more people getting in the loop/people who've seen the stage or rehearsals etc.

Although IMO leaking stuff that close to the actual event is kinda pointless and lame because you're only making the actual conferences less exciting at that point. If you want to get surprised it's probably best to stay off GAF the day before.

Spacebar

Here is how it's going to go...

Intro: God of War gameplay intro
Spider-Man gameplay
Death Stranding Trailer
Hellblade Trailer
Star Wars Battle Front 2 Trailer (maybe gameplay)
Some VR talk and games announced
Indies Trailer montage
Kingdom Hearts Trailer
Knack 2 Trailer
Shenmu 3 Trailer
MvC4 Trailer (new characters shown)
Gran Turismo Sport Trailer
Call of Duty Trailer
Indies talk and trailer montage
Destiny 2 Trailer
Days Gone gameplay
Bunch of games coming this year montage
Shawn comes to the stage for closing comments. Announces Demons Souls remaster and shows trailer
After the trailer the auditorium remains pitch black dark. Then you hear this
Crowd goes crazy and a quick trailer pops up showing
Bloodborne 2 Summer 2018

Haha! That's a hefty responsibility!

But I'm still sure that someone already called dibs on the OT.
You know what else makes sense lightning trilogy.
But we need GOOD games Sanji :p

I'm just kidding I really want this too!
Man Pro gets nothing! I'd buy this if it was a Pro.

Some Nobody

I really didn't count Spiderman as something we've seen gameplay for.

That said, let's be real, it'll be like the other open-world Spiderman games, except look and play better.

There's a saying where I'm from: don't let your eyes be too big for your stomach. It was a reference to literally trying to bite off more than you can chew. If we're being honest, 2017 has had the biggest line-up of all-star titles I've seen since I came back to gaming in 2010. And we're not even through the year yet! It's incredible.

Then Sony last year showed us an array of games that will hit over the course of late this year and most of next year that also look very, very good. How much more do you really need?

And, if we're really being honest: there hasn't been a good open-world Spider-Man game since...what, the PS2 era? I think that's a reason for excitement.

Spider-Man gameplay
Death Stranding Trailer
Hellblade Trailer
Indies Trailer montage
Kingdom Hearts Trailer
Knack 2 Trailer
Shenmu 3 Trailer
Call of Duty Trailer
Destiny 2 Trailer
Days Gone gameplay
Shawn comes to the stage for closing comments. Announces Demons Souls remaster and shows trailer
Bloodborne 2 Summer 2018
No Sucker Punch?

Fat4all

Banned
I feel like with the movie around the corner, Spider-Man gameplay would be great to open with.

That's something that would be great to start the show with, but I wouldn't want them to end the show with it.

I'm sorry!

It was more of a thing for me to say so I don't hype myself up for it to happen only for it to not.

Cause I'm getting that nagging feeling that it won't get announced.

But I really want the trilogy on PS4.
It's happening there's a pattern we just gotta wait until tgs becai12 isn't out until july

Super excited for E3 this year. I've taken a bit of time off work and am just going to totally immerse myself in it.

Spider-Man and God of War are my most anticipated games, so I hope both get good on-stage demos. I'd love to get one of those this year, sadly I think I'm out of luck.

We'll see more Knack, more Destiny, more Lost Legacy, more Crash...

You'd imagine it's about time Sucker Punch released something, so I'd hope to see something from them too.

I think Sony's conference actually seems fairly predictable, but given the strength of the line-up, deep-dives on a handful of games will be enough to satisfy me.

I also want dates. Sony has a lot coming but what am I going to be playing this winter? That's what I want to know.

dakun

no way will they start the conference with a God of War gameplay segment again.

It'll probably get the 3-4th spot like Horizon or Last Guardian did last year. And i'd be surprised if it's gameplay. I think it'll be a trailer with a release date.

no way will they start the conference with a God of War gameplay segment again.

It'll probably get the 3-4th spot like Horizon or Last Guardian did last year. And i'd be surprised if it's gameplay. I think it'll be a trailer with a release date.
I think we will get a big setpiece and/or an encounter with a lot of enemies. It'll end with a release date.

RedHill

Banned

Spider-Man gameplay
Death Stranding Trailer
Hellblade Trailer
Indies Trailer montage
Kingdom Hearts Trailer
Knack 2 Trailer
Shenmu 3 Trailer
Call of Duty Trailer
Destiny 2 Trailer
Days Gone gameplay
Bloodborne 2 Summer 2018
Honestly this would bore the hell out of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom