• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am concerned that is a great sign. #hype
Nobody on hype mode whole team on point focusing.
3 years since infamous ss.
about-to-go-down.gif

ok, today's the last day of May, soon we will be in June and E3 season will start, so here are my final predictions for the PlayStation showcase:

• Opening with "Bloodborne 2" (or a new collaboration between Japan Studio and From Software) & Demon's Souls Remastered by Bluepoint
  • Sucker Punch: New IP, reveal with gameplay as it was with Horizon and Days Gone
  • New Pixelopus game with release for this year still
  • Spider-Man PS4: Failry big (6-10 minutes) gameplay and reveal of the official name, no window, just ''2018''
  • Dreams: Campaign trailer and Beta date
  • Days Gone: Trailer with a mix of story and gameplay
  • SIE Manchester: Announcement of the first game of the new studio (PSVR)
  • Third Party (Destiny 2, Battlefront II, CoD WW2, DMC 5, KH3)
  • God of War will get both a story trailer (maybe before the keynote, Horizon 2016 style) and a gameplay demo showcasing a big setpiece, release date is given to somewhere in Spring 2018
  • New trailers for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Gran Turismo Sport, Knack 2 and Detroit: Become Human, but these trailers will be released outside the conference (maybe even before)
  • The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are no shows at the keynote

I'll be okay with this.

Complain when they don't show new footage, complain when they show new footage. Someone help me understand.

That's not my particular issue with those two titles. We've had a couple of articles that basically state that those two games are 2-3 years off and one has had development issues/shifts.

If they show either title, they need to show it in a concrete way. With a date or something similar. If they just show FF7 or KH3 with a trailer, no date and act as if people won't know about how far off they actually are, it's just not a good look. It dilutes so much of the excitement out of the trailer/reveal knowing what we already know.

That's not my particular issue with those two titles. We've had a couple of articles that basically state that those two games are 2-3 years off and one has had development issues/shifts.

If they show either title, they need to show it in a concrete way. With a date or something similar. If they just show FF7 or KH3 with a trailer, no date and act as if people won't know about how far off they actually are, it's just not a good look. It dilutes so much of the excitement out of the trailer/reveal knowing what we already know.

KH III is probably a 2018 title so it's not 2-3 years off.

ok, today's the last day of May, soon we will be in June and E3 season will start, so here are my final predictions for the PlayStation showcase:

• Opening with "Bloodborne 2" (or a new collaboration between Japan Studio and From Software) & Demon's Souls Remastered by Bluepoint
  • Sucker Punch: New IP, reveal with gameplay as it was with Horizon and Days Gone
  • New Pixelopus game with release for this year still
  • Spider-Man PS4: Failry big (6-10 minutes) gameplay and reveal of the official name, no window, just ''2018''
  • Dreams: Campaign trailer and Beta date
  • Days Gone: Trailer with a mix of story and gameplay
  • SIE Manchester: Announcement of the first game of the new studio (PSVR)
  • Third Party (Destiny 2, Battlefront II, CoD WW2, DMC 5, KH3)
  • God of War will get both a story trailer (maybe before the keynote, Horizon 2016 style) and a gameplay demo showcasing a big setpiece, release date is given to somewhere in Spring 2018
  • New trailers for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Gran Turismo Sport, Knack 2 and Detroit: Become Human, but these trailers will be released outside the conference (maybe even before)

Wow. I am always amazed by lists of some posters that don't include Death Stranding. But your prediction is the weirdest.
I think you are completely missing the hype building around this game in many forums and other medias (just check its reddit section and Kojima tweets) and even Kojima is bringing the Ludens statue to E3 and an epic new trailer is expected showing more celebrity actors and even gameplay and you tell me no Death Stranding at E3?
TLOU2 and Death Stranding missing E3 would be an epic mistake. Sorry but your last sentence is completely absurd.

Zukkoyaki

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I'm not convinced Death Stranding is even out of pre-production yet. Didn't they only just recently move into an actual office space?

I don't think it is absurd. Sony hasn't shown Shenmue 3 and FFVII since 2015.

Well those games aren't supported and funded by Sony and aren't PS4 exclusives either. And you know how SE takes their time to show their games especially FF games. Same goes for Shenmue: a series thought to be dead but brought back again. I hope this won't take as much time as The Last Guardian.
Their situations aren't comparable to the other 2 games especially Death Stranding.

bombshell

From the Red Dead Redemption 2 delay announcement: "We are really excited to bring you more details about the game this summer."

Gameplay debut at Sony conference would be big.

mattmanp

I could see Dreams getting a hype bump of story trailer and beta is a shadow drop.

This feels like Sony's last chance to really show what they feel about VR. If we see a couple first party (Manchester and London Studios, London Heist full game please!) and some third party like RE7 or Fallout 4 VR with Aim support that would be possible.

Kojima definitely won't skip E3. I think the showing for Death Stranding will be more substantial than people think.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I'm not convinced Death Stranding is even out of pre-production yet. Didn't they only just recently move into an actual office space?

If he was going to skip E3 and the game was still at early stage, then why didn't he skip PSX last year? He showed the game last E3 with another engine even (Sucker Punch engine mostly) even before choosing the final engine.
Don't worry. Kojima has been planning this game since 2013 even before the release of MGS5 if you have been following the hype behind this game.

There are rumors about the game being originally December 2017 but got delayed to 2018. this would also explain why we still haven't got the "winter announcements".

Okie dokie! Anything from Square, specifically anything that's not Dragon Quest, is never coming out in my head. So I just tend to block out anything until release is imminent.

It's been a while since we've seen any KH3, no?

FelipeMGM

Wow. I am always amazed by lists of some posters that don't include Death Stranding. But your prediction is the weirdest.
I think you are completely missing the hype building around this game in many forums and other medias (just check its reddit section and Kojima tweets) and even Kojima is bringing the Ludens statue to E3 and an epic new trailer is expected showing more celebrity actors and even gameplay and you tell me no Death Stranding at E3?
TLOU2 and Death Stranding missing E3 would be an epic mistake. Sorry but your last sentence is completely absurd.

Well, yeah, its very easy to ''predict'' they will be there, huge games that everyone is expecting, and if they do? GREAT, Im pumped about them

But, I went with a bit of a wildcard route here thats all, no need for drama.

The only absurd thing I see here is your reaction lol

Zukkoyaki

If he was going to skip E3 and the game was still at early stage, then why didn't he skip PSX last year? He showed the game last E3 with another engine even (Sucker Punch engine mostly) even before choosing the final engine.
Don't worry. Kojima has been planning this game since 2013 even before the release of MGS5 if you have been following the hype behind this game.

It wasn't at PSX, it was a trailer at The Game Awards because he and Geoff Keighley are best friends forever. I think the only reason it was shown last year was to create a hype as hell moment. Kojima was still pretty fresh off of his break-up with Konami and everyone was curious as to what he was going to be doing with Sony.

Though to be clear, if it does show up and is further along than I think I'd be very pleasantly surprised. I'm just used to Kojima taking forever and dropping multiple trailers way too early.

FinalAres

Probably not. After the recent news, FF7R is a no show. KH3 still has like 5% chance lol.
I don't think that recent news means a reboot. With having to speed FFXV out, VIIr wasn't really possible to be worked on so they outsourced to CC2. I'm sure many at SE weren't comfortable with outsourcing their biggest ever game (and there were almost certainly structural and quality issues), so when XV wrapped up, they decided to bring in house.

That doesn't mean a reboot. I think we're only 2 years from release. XV only needed 18 months of 'full scale' development, following the demo. VII has now entered that development period. Why expect another 3 year wait.

Well, yeah, its very easy to ''predict'' they will be there, huge games that everyone is expecting, and if they do? GREAT, Im pumped about them

But, I went with a bit of a wildcard route here thats all, no need for drama.

The only thing absurd I see here is your reaction lol

Well. There are degrees of how plausible some predcitions are. TLOU2 may be still discussed, but saying that Death Stranding won't be at E3 is like saying GOW will miss E3, or even worse it's like saying Sony won't hold conference this E3. :p.
I know some may thing this game is still early since they don't follow what is cooking backstage. I don't blame them if they don't want to get spoiled. XD.

It wasn't at PSX, it was a trailer at The Game Awards because he and Geoff Keighley are best friends forever. I think the only reason it was shown last year was to create a hype as hell moment. Kojima was still pretty fresh off of his break-up with Konami and everyone was curious as to what he was going to be doing with Sony.

Though to be clear, if it does show up and is further along than I think I'd be very pleasantly surprised. I'm just used to Kojima taking forever and dropping multiple trailers way too early.

It was at TGA first then few days later at PSX with a reprise of the same trailer building even more hype and speculations. They discussed the engine at PSX and the cooperation with Guerilla Games.

Kojima has been dropping trailers of his games even many years before his games releases and even before console releases i.e MGS5 and MGS4 which was shown since 2005 just after the PS3 reveal and 3 years before the game release and has been showing trailers for it at every event.

e_i

TLoU and DS will show up at the keynote. They're too huge of titles not to be there.

I hope that by rumors you don't mean Jose's tweets. He is as "credible" as Tidux...

I read in Reddit and here on neogaf that he's actually credible, unlike tidux.

Okie dokie! Anything from Square, specifically anything that's not Dragon Quest, is never coming out in my head. So I just tend to block out anything until release is imminent.

It's been a while since we've seen any KH3, no?

Yes, the last time we had a trailer for it was more than a year agora. We got a few screens for it in January though.

can someone verify the playstation 4 portable rumors? souls borne games on the go would be excellent.

I didn't get it too. A portable console with dock as powerful as PS4, with tracking bracelets and VR glasses. All of those at 300 dollars only?
Or will they sell every part separately like with PS VR? Does it work with PS VR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom