• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

Okie dokie! Anything from Square, specifically anything that's not Dragon Quest, is never coming out in my head. So I just tend to block out anything until release is imminent.

It's been a while since we've seen any KH3, no?

Well yeah since 2015 i think.

And even that 2015 trailer was mostly stuff from 2014 trailer iirc......

Eggbok

I could see Dreams getting a hype bump of story trailer and beta is a shadow drop.

This feels like Sony's last chance to really show what they feel about VR. If we see a couple first party (Manchester and London Studios, London Heist full game please!) and some third party like RE7 or Fallout 4 VR with Aim support that would be possible.

In my mind Dreams E3 trailer would start off with a brief montage of different types of levels and thins they've made then lead into a story focused trailer. Then it ends with the release window, beta date and PSVR support announcement.

VertPin

I've officially given up on Kingdom Hearts to be honest. I loved II and Re:CoM, but it started to become too complex and the staggered releases and no news has just killed my interest in the series. I'm sure I'll play III and love it, but I have no idea what SE can do to salvage the story. It's an incoherent mess.

Well yeah since 2015 i think.

And even that 2015 trailer was mostly stuff from 2014 trailer iirc......
Nah, the E3 2015 trailer was all new stuff. Nothing was shown in 2014.

Announced in 2013
Silence in 2014. We got some test footage I believe.
Sort of re revealed at E3 2015 running on UE4 and first solid.
New gameplay footage of the same Colosseum and Tangled worlds in the TGS and Jump Festa 2015 trailers but also marketing 2.8

Good video detailing KH3's development
https://youtu.be/4zzYICLVTYo

When it comes out next year, the announcement to release window will be about a year longer than Breath of The Wild's. Square should have announced it after realizing that Luminous engine wasn't going to workout.

Sony's conference may be an hour and a half this year. I'm basing this off of Twitch's recently released stream schedule in which their recap show for Sony's conference takes place an hour and a half after it starts while their recap show for Microsoft's conference is an hour after it starts.

Elfstruck

Sony's conference may be an hour and a half this year. I'm basing this off of Twitch's recently released stream schedule in which their recap show for Sony's conference takes place an hour and a half after it starts while their recap show for Microsoft's conference is an hour after it starts.

Incoming people think it's 1hr 3rd party snore fest.

That would be longer than last year's. I think last year it was little over an hour or something like that? Felt like it flew by to be honest. 90 minutes would be the sweet spot.

Announced in 2013
New gameplay footage of the same Colosseum and Tangled worlds in the TGS and Jump Festa 2015 trailers but also marketing 2.8

When it comes out next year, the announcement to release window will be about a year longer than Breath of The Wild's. Square should have announced it after realizing that Luminous engine wasn't going to workout.

Nah the 2015 trailer is mostly from the Japanese D23 trailer that was shown at the end of 2014. It was never released to the public, but most of the footage already was compiled back in 2014 I think. I may have the years wrong on when that D23 was, but the chess cutscene was already known about before the trailer in 2015.

silva1991

Announced in 2013

I could've sworn there was a trailer with mostly old footage.

Norman Reedus posted this weird video. This definitely has something to do with Death Stranding. There's many hints that a Black hole will play apart in this game.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUZOj9zAwlw/?taken-by=bigbaldhead

1156.gif

Laplasakos

That would be longer than last year's. I think last year it was little over an hour or something like that? Felt like it flew by to be honest. 90 minutes would be the sweet spot.

Yep, 90 minutes would be perfect. Last year's was too short. Their TGS conference is always around 80-90 minutes too.

Nah the 2015 trailer is mostly from the Japanese D23 trailer that was shown at the end of 2014. It was never released to the public, but most of the footage already was compiled back in 2014 I think. I may have the years wrong on when that D23 was, but the chess cutscene was already known about before the trailer in 2015.
D23 2013 showed luminous test footage

There was footage shown to fans at the KH2.5 launch event in 2014. The footage was Sora walking in the room where the chess scene happened and test footage of the twin shooters keyblade transformations.

The E3 2015 trailer was all brand new footage.

Some Nobody

If Death Stranding is (and it definitely is) more than two years off, why do you even want to see it? You know it exists, isn't that enough?

If Death Stranding is (and it definitely is) more than two years off, why do you even want to see it? You know it exists, isn't that enough?

I don't really see why its time of release matters. As long as they have something that's worth showing off, then why not let the public see it? People are really interested in anything KojiPro has to show right now. Character/actor reveals alone received tons of hype. So, imagine what it's going to be like when the actual gameplay it revealed.

The first two links is where I discovered it. I don't know which part he talks about it because the two videos are hours long I really don't remember.
Death Stranding is SILENT HILLS?! Analysis - P.T Radio Confirms Relation?! - Kojima's Ruse Ending?
Death Stranding IS Silent Hills?! - BERMUDA TRIANGLE Coordinates, Aliens in P.T?! - Analysis

YongYea take on it.
Death Stranding - New Physics Equations Explained & Analyzed

Here's a shorter video. It's the equation on Norman's necklace.
Death Stranding: Equation Secrets in Necklace

One of the gun models for Death Stranding has Black hole written on it.
z1AwBJb.png

http://www.dualshockers.com/hideo-k...h-strandings-assets-guerrillas-decima-engine/

The first two links is where I discovered it. I don't know which part he talks about it because the two videos are hours long I really don't remember.
Death Stranding is SILENT HILLS?! Analysis - P.T Radio Confirms Relation?! - Kojima's Ruse Ending?
Death Stranding IS Silent Hills?! - BERMUDA TRIANGLE Coordinates, Aliens in P.T?! - Analysis

YongYea take on it.
Death Stranding - New Physics Equations Explained & Analyzed

Here's a shorter video. It's the equation on Norman's necklace.
Death Stranding: Equation Secrets in Necklace

One of the gun models for Death Stranding has Black hole written on it.
z1AwBJb.png

http://www.dualshockers.com/hideo-k...h-strandings-assets-guerrillas-decima-engine/

The Bermuda Triangle thing sounds amazing. I have a hunch that side, and main missions will be the player playing through other people's lives in alternate realities with those cuffs.

It will probably will be an open world similar to MGSV, but with "survival" stealth as you avoid things like cabled soldiers, tanks, and Mads Mikkelsen.

Lady Gaia

E3 takes more than 6 months to plan. so they are not gonna change their plan just for an upgraded console.

You're right that there's no way they'll scramble to do anything based solely on news that shows up the day before. Everything has been planned in a fair bit of detail far in advance, but in their shoes I might gameplan one or two optional announcements as part of that work. Early trailers can be pulled at the last minute if they're not necessary to counter a strong competitor If price cuts are planned for the Fall someone will already have studied the impact of pulling them in a few months so they could pull the trigger earlier if it would be advantageous in shaping public opinion.

gosoxtim

i think kh3 will be there they been active with soical media latlely plus they have concert arond e3 time as well i think there more chance of kh3 then ff7r i think the best for fff7r is just show us images and telll us how the how thing going over there the last thing on there mind is a new trailer

Story hints,new worlds,actual dialogue from characters,actual characters aside from sora,Donald and goofy. 4 years of this isn't doable I don't know what to tell ppl I'm ranting

ok, today's the last day of May, soon we will be in June and E3 season will start, so here are my final predictions for the PlayStation showcase:

• Opening with "Bloodborne 2" (or a new collaboration between Japan Studio and From Software) & Demon's Souls Remastered by Bluepoint
  • Sucker Punch: New IP, reveal with gameplay as it was with Horizon and Days Gone
  • New Pixelopus game with release for this year still
  • Spider-Man PS4: Failry big (6-10 minutes) gameplay and reveal of the official name, no window, just ''2018''
  • Dreams: Campaign trailer and Beta date
  • Days Gone: Trailer with a mix of story and gameplay
  • SIE Manchester: Announcement of the first game of the new studio (PSVR)
  • Third Party (Destiny 2, Battlefront II, CoD WW2, DMC 5, KH3)
  • God of War will get both a story trailer (maybe before the keynote, Horizon 2016 style) and a gameplay demo showcasing a big setpiece, release date is given to somewhere in Spring 2018
  • New trailers for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Gran Turismo Sport, Knack 2 and Detroit: Become Human, but these trailers will be released outside the conference (maybe even before)
  • The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are no shows at the keynote

Not bad, though I think GT Sport, Detroit and Death Stranding will definitely be shown during the conference. GT Sport will get a trailer and maybe a release date but they won't linger on it because 'murica. Detroit will probably get a demo similar to last year and maybe a release date if it's coming out any time soon. And Death Stranding will definitely be there, you're underestimating Kojima's influence, he loves the spectacle E3 and other shows bring.

I agree that TLOU2 won't be shown though.

Yeah, last year's was 75 minutes long.

gosoxtim

Story hints,new worlds,actual dialogue from characters,actual characters aside from sora,Donald and goofy. 4 years of this isn't doable I don't know what to tell ppl I'm ranting
i know i hear you i want to see a full tangles and bh6 worldi want t they should be finish by now sinle last annocment i want to see new world like moana or atlantis

Skeeter49

Sony actually seems to be supporting Detroit, so I'd be shocked if it didn't have a place in the conference.

Especially if it releases this year. We'll probably get one new Protag reveal.

You kno ppl will write of any psvr announcements stop it

Can't wait
No VR stuff. "Sony's not supporting it, game over."
A lot of VR stuff. "Sony's wasting support on trash. Must not have faith in their studios. Desperation."

I would love a new action Star Wars game where I get to go around and do cool jedi/sith stuff. Something to replace Force Unleashed.

This should be the year we see a lot of Star Wars stuff, with Hennig's and Respawn's Star Wars games nearing, but EA's gonna EA and at best we'll get dev diaries with 10 seconds of the game clipped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom