• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a concept art from Dark Souls (from Dave Rapoza) flipped horizontally:

Looks like the first pic. Great work finding that. You guys nearly had me with that DS2 talk trying to get me insanely hyped. I do wish one day I could revisit that world though:

sample_b542243ce51512ffcd84c8bcbab2a472.jpg

So many memories.

Kyoufu

Well we do know Miyazaki is working on a PS4 game but in the short term I'd be happy with a PS4 version of Dark Souls 2.

They said Deep Down wasn't Dragon's Dogma.

Then again who the hell listens to what Capcom says anymore.

I have a lot of trouble believing that Capcom have two wholly separate "D-D" alliterative medieval high fantasy games underway.

It's either Dragon's Dogma, or simply code name for a tech demo's envisioning of it, methinks.

I-hate-u

Guys, don't do this to yourself. Even if Demon Souls 2 is real it would most likely be announced at TGS. We still have some months to go.

My current working theory is that Miyazaki is doing Demon's Souls 2 with Sony only because I refuse to believe he isn't directing Dark Souls 2 unless there was a very specific reasons for it coming from his end and no one else's. Also because I doubt Sony wants that IP collecting dust while the series is at its hottest.

Why is Miyazaki not working on Dark Souls 2 anyways?

It seems that Demon Souls was his dream game and so was dark souls.

It seems weird that he's not touching Dark Souls 2 and passed it onto someplace else. Also seeing as how Yoshida is a big fan of Dark Souls and he's the head of SCE, he probably would personally green light Demon Souls 2. If you were in his shoes, wouldn't you have done the same thing?

grumble

My current working theory is that Miyazaki is doing Demon's Souls 2 with Sony only because I refuse to believe he isn't directing Dark Souls 2 unless there was a very specific reasons for it coming from his end and no one else's. Also because I doubt Sony wants that IP collecting dust while the series is at its hottest.

could be tough since the dark souls and demons souls games are extremely similar... how big is the market for those titles?

Yawnier

Banned
How did some of you guys even beat Demon's Souls because I am going to guess it took hell of a lot of determination and perseverance? I'm only on the third level of the game with the Tower Knight Boss and keep on dying. Damnit I suck at this game.

How did some of you guys even beat Demon's Souls because I am going to guess it took hell of a lot of determination and perseverance? I'm only on the third level of the game with the Tower Knight Boss and keep on dying. Damnit I suck at this game.

You just suck.

Nah but seriously it takes a lot of dedication and an iron will.

Third? He's at the end of 1-2 so are you counting the tutorial boss? Anyway if your finidng a level too hard just go to another archstone like 2-1 or 3-1. 3-1 and 2-1 should both be easier.

Yawnier

Banned
You just suck.

Nah but seriously it takes a lot of dedication and an iron will.

I can tell, and it is definitely the hardest game I have played this gen, the only other game I think comes close this gen is Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but even then DS is still in it's own league from what I've played.

Third? He's at the end of 1-2 so are you counting the tutorial boss? Anyway if your finidng a level too hard just go to another archstone like 2-1 or 3-1. 3-1 and 2-1 should both be easier.

Yeah I was counting the tutorial level. That is what I am going to end up doing probably in order to collect/farm some souls to level up my character or something.

Why is Miyazaki not working on Dark Souls 2 anyways?

It seems that Demon Souls was his dream game and so was dark souls.

It seems weird that he's not touching Dark Souls 2 and passed it onto someplace else. Also seeing as how Yoshida is a big fan of Dark Souls and he's the head of SCE, he probably would personally green light Demon Souls 2. If you were in his shoes, wouldn't you have done the same thing?

we got some bullshit reason I believe of wanting a fresh perspective or something along that line. But we all know that's BS. It's like Konami making an MGS game and saying they don't want kojima on it lol. Miyazaki is THE guy. If he isn't working on it, it's because he is doing something else by choice.

moho-foe

Neo Member
I can tell, and it is definitely the hardest game I have played this gen, the only other game I think comes close this gen is Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but even then DS is still in it's own league from what I've played.

Yeah I was counting the tutorial level. That is what I am going to end up doing probably in order to collect/farm some souls to level up my character or something.

Ninja Gaiden on Master or even Mentor difficulty > Demon's Souls difficulty

but seriously, you just need to learn the systems and how to game the AI then it's a piece of cake. Don't get greedy with combos. Watch the enemy's movements and learn their tells. Just like any difficult game, those tricks work for Souls too.

The last boss is legit difficult, though.

Ninja Gaiden on Master or even Mentor difficulty > Demon's Souls difficulty

but seriously, you just need to learn the systems and how to game the AI then it's a piece of cake. Don't get greedy with combos. Watch the enemy's movements and learn their tells. Just like any difficult game, those tricks work for Souls too.

The last boss is legit difficult, though.

are we talking NG on the DS? if so, LOL

trmas

Banned
I'm going to miss all the conferences - on a beach in NC that week. However, I figure GAF will be crashed anyway, so I will check in late on Monday night, or possibly on Tuesday night. Plus, I will probably be able to read some of it online by then.

moho-foe

Neo Member
which one?

I haven't played the Sigmas but I've played the original NG Black and NG 2.

They are not harder than Demon's Souls.

Both, honestly. It depends on whether you play it on a harder difficulty. Normal difficulty on NG is easier than souls but mentor is above most people's ability and master is nearly impossible without extreme dedication.

I have platinum'd both and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 platinum makes Demon's platinum look like a sunday stroll through the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom