• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Destiny clearly looks like it was uprezzed currentgen game, showcased ingame models are REEEEEEEALY bad IMO.

Bungie-Destiny-character-art-models-Warlock.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-02-20-at-8.00.01-PM-2-580x321.jpg

^this was shown on PSMeeting. :-/

drproton

It would be cool if the playstation version of Destiny is cross platform multiplayer with the PC version like Portal 2.

Maybe not for competitive multiplayer, but for co-op.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Everything I've read about Destiny's development makes it seem like it was originally targeted at current gen platforms. I'm not really expecting much from the visuals.

Ark

yeah I wonder about that too. Also I keep hearing about their 10 year narrative or something, how would that even be possible with current gen systems?

Aren't the saves confirmed to be cross-platform? I imagine they expect you to buy a next-gen console sometime in the next ten years and you can just carry your save over. Sounds pretty cool to me if they can pull it off.

I'll be honest... I don't think I like any of the mockups thus far. We had some amazing DS4 mockups before the PS Meeting in February. Nothing of that caliber for the console itself... yet. I'm hoping it's more modern.

Axonometri

If the PS4 had that much light coming out of it I sure as hell better be able to disable it.

That is the Sony published design of the PS4 Eye yes. It like the DS4 is subject to modification (we pray for the Vita D-Pad) but it'll likely remain like that.

The tentative measurements for the PS4 Eye are 186mm x 27mm x 27mm. So about an inch square and just over 7" long.

I like this design in general, but obvious couple of issues. The first big downer to me is the choice to put the light bar across the top and front to back. It would more likely be on the front, especially how were talking about a console. Which 90% of them probably sit inside a shelf in an entertainment center or TV stand. Second big issue is the Fan on top for the similar reasoning.

Axonometri

Most of the mock ups are way too thin. The PS4 will almost certainly have more bulk to it.

It would probably really hard to cool being so thin. Look at Xbox One for design reference as far as heat dissipation and air flow. They are definitely not limited to a boxy VCR shape, but I doubt we will see a squashed design.

Destiny clearly looks like it was uprezzed currentgen game, showcased ingame models are REEEEEEEALY bad IMO.

Bungie-Destiny-character-art-models-Warlock.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-02-20-at-8.00.01-PM-2-580x321.jpg

^this was shown on PSMeeting. :-/

Bungie was never about graphics, all their games except for Halo I looked like ass.

edit: you know what? If this game is anything like Planetside 2 in terms of scale, then these models are ok IMO

Saberus

Think what ever the design is, some will love it and some will not, just like the ps3 (fat).
We just have to except it and think about what's inside that counts.

the best concept/mock up i've seen so far is this:

My rendition of the concept posted earlier (by Graphics Horse?).

nib95_PS4_teaser_concept.jpg~original

Just added the gloss section based on the photo above, along with the blue light and updated logo. The gloss section could house some sort of display or touch sensitive button icons or something, who knows.

edotlee

ps4-mockup-is-this-sony-s-new-console-1098515.jpg

Not sure if this was posted before in this thread but what do you guys think about this one? Obviously some inspiration from the PS3.

Not sure if this was posted before in this thread but what do you guys think about this one? Obviously some inspiration from the PS3.

The vent looking things in the bottom look like its on a mirrored surface and not actually 2 rows of vents. I think that has been screwing up a lot of these mockups.

I hope this isnt some overly designed, Gamecube looking thing. Just give me a slick black box.

zeopower6

The tease made it look like there were a lot of sharp edges and some layers to it. Whatever it ends up looking like, it'll probably be pretty big and pointy.

Axonometri

the best concept/mock up i've seen so far is this:

i like where it is going. Don't forget the teaser video appeared to be showing it standing on end. It's corners were also rounded over a bit. After looking again... the round over I originally saw is more than likely just the result of the blur.

i-Lo

Bungie was never about graphics, all their games except for Halo I looked like ass.

edit: you know what? If this game is anything like Planetside 2 in terms of scale, then these models are ok IMO

This. That said, Halo Reach was very pleasing to the eye and ODST, while featuring not the best character face models (oh Capt. Reynolds and Six) it did feature the best atmosphere (all of the night and the day portion which features Sgt Buck) amongst all Halo games, which was also due to amazing music.

Which brings me to music; it is almost a given that Destiny will feature an amazing soundtrack. Ancillary and invisible as it is, it can sway entire feel of the game.

Akira

Just noticed that the PS4 reveal video comprises almost 1/7 of the total views of the Playstation channel after just 3 months. Oh, and it's at almost 29 million views. Sony's got it going well for them, if they don't fuck it up in the next 6 months they will have a much more successful console than the PS3.

androvsky

Looks like the top is reflecting either off itself on the bottom or sitting on a polished surface.

Why would the gray vents appear black in the reflection, but the gray stripe still appears to be gray? The reflecting surface would have to be fairly interesting to do that, I'd think.

UrbanRats

Just noticed that the PS4 reveal video comprises almost 1/7 of the total views of the Playstation channel after just 3 months. Oh, and it's at almost 29 million views. Sony's got it going well for them, if they don't fuck it up in the next 6 months they will have a much more successful console than the PS3.

Aren't YouTube views completely phony?

DBT85

I don;t like the design, but the best thing about those few teased images we have seen is that they might not even be in the right orientation. Every mockup seems to have assumed that they will appear on the console that way up/around, but the photos could easily have been rotated or flipped.

Ugh. Why did Sony even deny the possible existence of TLG at E3 by calling it "purely speculative"? They could've simply said "no comment" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom