• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

i JUST saw a commercial for Metal Gear Solid V (after The People's Court) saying the voice of Snake will be revealed (or something?) @ E3 watch on Gamespot, or something. Damn!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
i JUST saw a commercial for Metal Gear Solid V (after The People's Court) saying the voice of Snake will be revealed @ E3 watch on Gamespot, or something. Damn!

Holy shit. I know CoD and AC could get away with early marketing but it's cool they're doing it for MGS.

gfunkera

Banned
I bought a 360 a while back so I could try Halo 3 and Gears 2 and the Fable stuff.

Really, really disliked Halo's game play, hated Gears, and I loved Fable. Got a lot of crap from people for saying I disliked Halo though. But I do understand the love people have for it. Just wasn't for me.

DBT85

I would agree normally but Bungie was at the forefront of Xbox software development for a solid decade. A lot of people are Xbox fans because of Bungie.

They are Xbox fans indeed, and Halo fans. It remains to be seen if they are also Bungie fans.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ah, gotcha.

I think it'll be their biggest 3rd party multi-platform game. Even bigger than Watch Dogs, MGSV etc.
Watch Dogs is going to be huge. Every time I'm showing off next gen games to people, that game receives the lionshare of positivity.

I know nothing. but I have a feeling about game of the show...

yeah me too. its going to be The Last Guardian :D

Ah, gotcha.

I think it'll be their biggest 3rd party multi-platform game. Even bigger than Watch Dogs, MGSV etc.

that's a tall order to fill. some would say that's impossible >_>

I bought a 360 a while back so I could try Halo 3 and Gears 2 and the Fable stuff.

Really, really disliked Halo's game play, hated Gears, and I loved Fable. Got a lot of crap from people for saying I disliked Halo though. But I do understand the love people have for it. Just wasn't for me.

oh man you needed to get the first Gears not the second :p Although horde mode the second one is extremely fun, especially with friends. I think Halo is just a solid game, nothing less nothing more. I understand people who think its crap and also people that love it. Best moment I had was when I sniped someone from across the entire map just as he was about to beat our team. Voice chat freakin' erupted, it was awesome :)

StuBurns

Banned

It's certainly not for everyone, but Halo two player coop on legendary is the best shooter experience I've ever had, best coop experience too. Those games have a certain movement and pace to them that could feel very restrictive if not approached in the right way. I'm not saying you, or anyone else who doesn't like the games, are playing it wrong or anything, just that certain play styles are naturally a better fit for the series.

ReaperXL7

Im kind of surprised some seem so down on Destiny. I was never really a huge fan of Halo personally, the only one I can say I really enjoyed all that much was ODST. Still when the destiny clip ran at the PS meeting I got some legit butterflies. I dont know if it was the music, or the potential based on allot of stuff I have read, or what, but this is one of my most anticipated "next gen" games.

Since then all of the concept art, stuff I have read, and knowing Bungies commitment to their communities makes me believe it will be something special.

Lots of stuff im excited, and hopefuly for at Sonys show, but Bungie is in the top three things making me excited for E3 this year.

Watch Dogs is going to be huge. Every time I'm showing off next gen games to people, that game receives the lionshare of positivity.

Yes, same here. I've shown several next-gen games and tech demos to some friends and watch_dogs has been the one almost everyone seems to be excited about.

trmas

Banned

The original Halo was awesome, but the sequels are extremely generic. That is why I want to see how Destiny comes out. Bungie left MS because they didn't just want to do Halo all the time, and if the developer's heart isn't in it, you get crap...

151117-Oni_(USA)-1.jpg
I missed a lot by not having a PS2, didn't I?

Oni was one of the first games I had for the PS2 alongside Timesplitters and Smugglers Run.

I actually really enjoyed it at the time, but probably because I was about 16 and easily pleased / less picky when it came to video games. Also because it's art-style was anime / GITS inspired.

Do we know what the platform lead is for Destiny?

I wonder if it'll be up-scaled for next gen, or downscaled for current gen.

yeah I wonder about that too. Also I keep hearing about their 10 year narrative or something, how would that even be possible with current gen systems?

Kyoufu

Oni was one of the first games I had for the PS2 alongside Timesplitters and Smugglers Run.

I actually really enjoyed it at the time, but probably because I was about 16 and easily pleased / less picky when it came to video games. Also because it's art-style was anime / GITS inspired.

I had higher standards when I was 16. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
yeah I wonder about that too. Also I keep hearing about their 10 year narrative or something, how would that even be possible with current gen systems?

I think they're planning installments every 2 years and dropping the current gen versions after the first. Progress will likely be tied to your account so it can carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom