• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

You have a LOT to look forward to...especially if you like RPGs.

No shit. I actually only had a PS2 for maybe the first eight months of it's initial release, and then traded it in for a Gamecube (due to ReMake and the LIE about two and three getting the same treatment). I played Devil May Cry, MGS2 and attempted to not be bored to tears with GTA3. It didn't seem like it was going to have any RPGs, so I didn't care, and then it ended up being the exact opposite. I was just starting to get into EQ anyway, so most of my free time went to that.

In a way, that was a nice surprise simply because it meant I had a hell of a lot of games to look forward too (2011 - now).

also, for people who missed it:

7 Days to go. Thought I'd come up with a list of 10 topics (one per day) we can all post about until E3 gets here.

#10 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60329837&postcount=6982
#9 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60528001&postcount=7732
#8 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60694437&postcount=8465

=========================================================================== ========
6cFso5M.png

=========================================================================== ========

What fooding will you be doing? Post pictures :)

Axonometri

Why would the gray vents appear black in the reflection, but the gray stripe still appears to be gray? The reflecting surface would have to be fairly interesting to do that, I'd think.

You got that one. I missed that?! Whathell? I can't believe I did not see that before. It does appear to be a reflection though. and there is the odd dark imagery in the mid section. Strange indeed.

Ark

7 Days to go. Thought I'd come up with a list of 10 topics (one per day) we can all post about until E3 gets here.

6cFso5M.png

I might just buy some cookies or some custard creams or some toblerone or all of the above.

The 10th is going to be one unhealthy night :)

DBT85

Hopefully Sony remembers that message for E3. No entertainment bullshit, or if it is there then keep it at a minimum (5-10 minutes). Just say that it does everything that you PS3 can do and leave it at that.

I wouldn't mind 10 minutes somewhere, but it needs to be kept succinct.

And also, if that blue PS logo and sound aren't the PS4 boot sound I'll be upset.

HooYaH

I'll probably prep some food over on Sunday so I don't need to waste time cooking on Monday. Might grill some fajitas steaks/chicken on Monday. Last resort is ordering pizza, which I hope I don't do. Sunday will also occupy most of my time with Animal Crossing.

spectyre

6cFso5M.png

I'll be having "Chicago Style" popcorn and sangria

Hopefully Sony remembers that message for E3. No entertainment bullshit, or if it is there then keep it at a minimum (5-10 minutes). Just say that it does everything that you PS3 can do and leave it at that.

Kaz just said the main focus for PS4 right now is all about getting the most compelling 1st and 3rd party games into the hands of gamers a few days ago on CNBC.

shink

dat pulse of light. if only Sony would do something like this for the PS4.
Kr82Qni.gif

One small red standby light only please. Electricity is getting expensive here and knowing the PS4 would probably use more power in standby due to the saved states or whatever they call it, and adding lights everywhere is something I prefer to live without.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Halo is the best console shooter mechanically, and Borderlands is the best in progression and scope.

Destiny is the love child of those games, with a hella ton budget.

It's going to be astonishing.

I think it's probably gonna suck...

ReaperXL7

They look ok to me.

Taking into account the scale of the game of course.

Yeah this is a big question that I have about the game in general. There has been plenty of speculation about how some things work in the game. We know there are multiple planets to travel to, and explore, but we dont know how large the planets are. We know space travel is involved because in the vid doc it shows your characters ship, but we dont know how space travel works.

If the game is as big as it looks to be im not sure how the current consoles can manage, but when you look at something like Skyrim I guess its not impossible. A good artstyle has always been more important to me overall, and there are allot of awesome things i have seen with all of the concept art, and armor designs.

I cant wait to see gameplay at E3.

Kaz just said the main focus for PS4 right now is all about getting the most compelling 1st and 3rd party games into the hands of gamers a few days ago on CNBC.

compelling eh. is that games that's usually on 360 that sells or they don't care and just will get games.

beside the obvious games wish list. What else are you guys most interested ?

price
UI

For me.

the share features.

teiresias

SONY . . . play this trailer - The Last Guarian - upgraded for PS4 (and with a launch date mind you), and anywhere between $299 - $399 launch price I am there on launch day. I mean, up-at-freaking-6am-to-pick-up-the-console-like-I-did-for-PS2, launch day (assuming I don't order it via Amazon). DO IT!!!!!!

Empty

SONY . . . play this trailer - The Last Guarian - upgraded for PS4 (and with a launch date mind you), and anywhere between $299 - $399 launch price I am there on launch day. I mean, up-at-freaking-6am-to-pick-up-the-console-like-I-did-for-PS2, launch day (assuming I don't order it via Amazon). DO IT!!!!!!

still one of the best trailers ever ;_;

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I for one hope The Last Guardian is PS4, though for some reason I think it might still be PS3.

Considering the number of technical issues it sounds like they ran into, it may make sense for them to work on PS4 just for the easier development environment regardless of power.

The Jason

I doubt they will mention used games there. maybe after the event when things cool down and media ask them questions. hopefully they ask specific questions about it.

Well certainly there won't be any bad news during the conference; maybe some implications, but if they have good news they might just say it loud and proud.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I for one hope The Last Guardian is PS4, though for some reason I think it might still be PS3.
I think it will be pretty much impossible for them to release the game on the PS3. Depends on whether Sony wants to capitalize on the PS3 install base or put it on the PS4 to maintain quality.

The Jason

I forgot how good that trailer was. The game looked pretty far along, so I hope we see it again soon. Hopefully the leaked info is correct and its for PS4 (or cross-gen)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
elaborate please

Just my gut feeling. I liked Halo 1 & 2 just as much as anyone... but I have a feeling about this game.

Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong.

When I first saw the concept art I felt deep hype. But then actually seeing the models and how it was being translated into an actual thing... sobered me up.

I anticipate really stiff, jilted (poor) animation, and been-there-done-that gunplay. I think anything outside of the core game (gunplay) is going to feel undercooked and shallow.

This is my gut talking. I will eat crow and admit my shortcomings as gaming prognosticator should things turn out differently, but I don't really expect they will.

Edit: I also think it will sell a bunch whether it's any good or not.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It's going to be for PS4. I believe an ex-Sony developer had already confirmed it.
I heard this before as well. But when it comes to this game, I just can't believe it until I see them play it on stage on PS4 hardware. At which point, I will shed a single tear of joy.

zeopower6

Who was kenny?

He's a former SCE UK studio employee. (Bigbig was the studio)

Here are his posts about it.

Honestly, it hasn't really been that long since the 'reveal' of The Last Guardian especially compared to Versus. I just feel that they announced the game way too early so it feels like it's taking a lot longer, and then there's the setbacks that have happened since the announcement... :/

teiresias

I forgot how good that trailer was. The game looked pretty far along, so I hope we see it again soon. Hopefully the leaked info is correct and its for PS4 (or cross-gen)

The animation of the cat-bird creature is still amazing (the boy seems to still have animation from SoTC or ICO though). That animation paired with a better feather simulation and lighting (even though the lighting in the trailer and the environment modeling still look pretty good to me even this late in the generation) will just blow people away. That's assuming, of course, they actually upgrade stuff, and just aren't putting on PS4 just because it was easier to get their current assets working up to snuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom