• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

ISQKfGt.png
that's a game I would actually play.

Raoh

Mattrick is annoying enough to play Skyler :p

Ballmer is more likely Tuco material, if you compare Tuco and Ballmer videos D:

I don't know.

Ballmer may be a better Hector Salamanca.

If Peter Moore were still a direct employee of MS, he would have made a good Tuco.

Bobby Kotick as Saul Goodman?

kudo tsunoda as Gale Boetticher? Or his MS Avatar as Walter White Jr.?

Endo Punk

So, Cerny is the new messiah now. You guyz really know how to hype it up, just hope it doesn't come crashing down. After-all Sony has a legacy of under-performing at E3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It was a serious question.
I expect the invites to go out about three, or maybe four, weeks prior to the conference. So it should be soon. If you've got questions, check with Alyssa Casella or maybe Jason Tidwell at SCEA.

Dragon

Banned
So, Cerny is the new messiah now. You guyz really know how to hype it up, just hope it doesn't come crashing down. After-all Sony has a legacy of under-performing at E3.

Well as long as it's not a legacy of spelling guys "guyz" I think I'm okay with it. Maybe if Day Z comes out I can forgive it!

androvsky

Anyone get their invites yet?
Torgo from PlayStation Nation was complaining that he got his Microsoft invite before the Sony one. Not sure if he has it yet, someone mentioned something on Twitter about community managers being on vacation. Dunno, really.

The Jason

I hope Sony designs a new game case for PS4. Something completely different. Maby even go back to jewl cases. I really hope they don't use the same case.

They kept the same logo they used for PS3 and just added a 4. I didn't like that. New consoles should have a feeling of everything being fresh and new.

I was wondering about this, but I think because they will still be using blu-ray, they will keep the blu-ray cases. MS will probably start using BD cases too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not sure if I'd want my avatar Cernified but I'd like somebody to do it <_<

Trying to keep my expectations low but its a pretty futile effort.

Midou

Someone heading the thing with a history of working on and contributing to great games deserves it I would say. Sony's direction has changed since their PS4 unveiling, I don't suspect their E3 will come crashing down in comparison but we shall see.

CengizMan

So I got a couple of small rumours about the PlayStation 4 and didn't know where to share it, so I'm just going to post it in this thread. But please, take this with a grain of salt.

I know someone who works at Sony Supply Chain Solutions. This person doesn't have any sort of high rank within this company, so this is information that has been shared with every employee over there. Apparently, the PlayStation 4 is going to use purple as its main colour. Probably much like how the PlayStation 3 used blue. In addition to this, they are already planning the distribution of the PlayStation 4 in some form. However, it has been said that the console will most likely be released in 2014.

I'm not so sure about the purple colour, because there was a pretty strong emphasis on the colour blue during the PlayStation 4 reveal. I can see the PlayStation 4 having a later release in Europe than in America and will release early 2014. Even Sony sounded uncertain about the European launch. This seems to confirm that uncertainty in some form.

Next, I got a tour of Bayer a couple of weeks ago. For those that don't know, Bayer is a German chemical and pharmaceutical company. One of the people that handle the distribution and sales of polycarbonate mentioned that they have a partnership with Sony. Apparently, they use polycarbonate to create the data layer of Blu-Ray discs. When I asked whether the PlayStation 4 will support dual layered Blu-Ray discs, he said that the technology won't be ready before the console's launch. The technology probably isn't sophisticated or profitable enough for mass production. That means that the PlayStation 4 will not support dual layered Blu-ray discs.

The man I spoke to was one of the higher-ups, so I guess he knows what he is talking about. I personally don't know if a different kind of Blu-Ray laser is required to read dual layer discs. He might have meant that the PlayStation 4 won't support them initially, if that is the case.

Once again, please take this with a grain of salt.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That and as was mentioned in the video, certain boss battles. In short, at the developer's discretion.

Lets just hope that developers bother with this as much as they've bothered putting DRM in.

I read in a Wired article that this applied for streaming. The guy couldn't get his facts more wrong. What's the point of streaming if the stream just randomly stops?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How realistic will it be for FFXV and KH3 to appear in E3? ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom