• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

I expect disappointment GAF reactions not just from Sony but from the entire E3 showings save a few. People will complain about the graphics not looking that much different than the current games and that there are many rehashed sequels.

Lower your expectations I say.

For those wondering about Sony presser invites; check your spam folder. I got mine, but it ended up being marked as junk by outlook for some reason...

JJD

I'm starting to think the PS4 will see a world wide launch this year.

House and Tretton were present on the Playstation event on Brazil, and it was confirmed that the PS4 is launching there simultaneously with the US.

I simply cannot believe that the PS4 will launch on Latin America first than Europe.

House and Tretton were present on the Playstation event on Brazil, and it was confirmed that the PS4 is launching there simultaneously with the US.

I simply cannot believe that the PS4 will launch on Latin America first than Europe.

Please be so.

UrbanRats

Reposting my Cerny reaction faces, in case anyone wants to use them:

iboTdJe7XJHjOt.JPG
iiFximKzGUhOz.JPG
ibk3O5NrTyV0ch.JPG
ibowISq06bIv3i.JPG
ibblu6DQ4rxAe1.JPG
iOR7ZB0EdjMuP.JPG

I expect disappointment GAF reactions not just from Sony but from the entire E3 showings save a few. People will complain about the graphics not looking that much different than the current games and that there are many rehashed sequels.

Infamous second son screenshots certainly disprove your hunch. The game looks amazing especially since its open world.

Midas

That Blu-ray thing is just, weird? Does he really know what he's talking about? Or is something lost in translation here?

ksdixon

Since the PS4 isn't BC with PS3 games, I am assuming the 'Instant Game Collection' portion of PS+ is getting killed off? I mean it's not like they will have launch titles for free.

Since the PS4 isn't BC with PS3 games, I am assuming the 'Instant Game Collection' portion of PS+ is getting killed off? I mean it's not like they will have launch titles for free.

It will probably start a while after launch like with Vita.

And they will continue to give PS3/PSV games till then anyway.

MasLegio

Banned
is there a possibility of them "giving" away the plus games to the plus subscribers once the PS3 plus service will be cancelled (within 5 years probably)

QaaQer

Welcome to planet earth.

DBT85

Not AAA titles at launch day no, but after 6-9 months they could drop Drive Club or inFamous in or whatever. More so if Drive Club is DLC heavy. All the while they can put the smaller indie titles in as free right from the start.

The IGC doesn't have to stop just because th ePS4 is released, I think the PS3 and Vita will still be being played by people somehow.

Come Chistmas 2014 the IGC will just cover all three consoles.

Thanks, that's really interesting, it does point to a Worldwide launch. Keeps fingers crossed!!

Thorgal

I hope Cerny gets an appointment with a stylist before E3

nah guy was probably late at work the night before the reveal increasing the ram amount .

i imagine come E3 if he is there he'l hit up starbucks in the morning and be on stage as good looking as his youth picture .

Respawn

Banned
So I got a couple of small rumours about the PlayStation 4 and didn't know where to share it, so I'm just going to post it in this thread. But please, take this with a grain of salt.

I know someone who works at Sony Supply Chain Solutions. This person doesn't have any sort of high rank within this company, so this is information that has been shared with every employee over there. Apparently, the PlayStation 4 is going to use purple as its main colour. Probably much like how the PlayStation 3 used blue. In addition to this, they are already planning the distribution of the PlayStation 4 in some form. However, it has been said that the console will most likely be released in 2014.

I'm not so sure about the purple colour, because there was a pretty strong emphasis on the colour blue during the PlayStation 4 reveal. I can see the PlayStation 4 having a later release in Europe than in America and will release early 2014. Even Sony sounded uncertain about the European launch. This seems to confirm that uncertainty in some form.

Next, I got a tour of Bayer a couple of weeks ago. For those that don't know, Bayer is a German chemical and pharmaceutical company. One of the people that handle the distribution and sales of polycarbonate mentioned that they have a partnership with Sony. Apparently, they use polycarbonate to create the data layer of Blu-Ray discs. When I asked whether the PlayStation 4 will support dual layered Blu-Ray discs, he said that the technology won't be ready before the console's launch. The technology probably isn't sophisticated or profitable enough for mass production. That means that the PlayStation 4 will not support dual layered Blu-ray discs.

The man I spoke to was one of the higher-ups, so I guess he knows what he is talking about. I personally don't know if a different kind of Blu-Ray laser is required to read dual layer discs. He might have meant that the PlayStation 4 won't support them initially, if that is the case.

Once again, please take this with a grain of salt.
You do know MGS4 is dual layer right? Movies? Also please stop with the releasing in 2014 stuff. Salt all over the damn place indeed.

To be fair I've seen PS4 work in progress stuff and to me it already looks way better than anything on PS3, and that's launch titles. I can only imagine how games will look in a few years time.
I can almost guarantee this years E3 will be the biggest and most exciting we've had in years.

Exentryk

SKFU (hacker) is still searching the PSN stores with his PSN Store Secrets Search application.

PSNSSS development continues. Since not all products can be found via a simple search, because some have a flag which forbid to be found this way; I implemented a browsing function.

While browsing the now 522 different stores I noticed a few codenames multiple times:

• CHIHIRO
  • HAMMERHEAD
  • SWORDFISH
It is still unknown what they mean, but based on the information gathered until now it seems those are codenames for upcoming SONY platforms.

Platforms? I wonder if he means games?

JoshHood

Infamous et al look great in the Game Informer feature, but Knack's environment stuff looks really iffy. There's a low-angle shot of Knack himself, and there's some seriously low-quality/resolution textures on the ground and rocks around etc. :(

Man the conference is at the absolute worst time imo.

First you have MS 9 hours prior. They will reveal a good chunk of next gen titles which will wow people, then you have third party guys like Ubi and EA showing more next gen titles. By the time the PS4 conference is a go, we will have that next gen graphics approximation and it won't be as spectacular.

They should have went first imo or at least way earlier in the day.

First you have MS 9 hours prior. They will reveal a good chunk of next gen titles which will wow people, then you have third party guys like Ubi and EA showing more next gen titles. By the time the PS4 conference is a go, we will have that next gen graphics approximation and it won't be as spectacular.

good point, i agree. Everyone will be tired by the time Sony conference rolls around

wilflare

with all the buzz going on, man I'm excited to get my hands on my own PS4 (at release)
may just be the first console I get at release

Sendou

Not to mention it's in the middle of night in Europe which I believe is one of the traditional strongholds for Sony. At least parts of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom