• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Hackers: We won't release any more info now that Sony has scrapped THE INTERVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

Yeah, release more private informations and data of Sony's employees. Good job, terrorists.
More! So I can read all the emails of some Sony Pictures managers and laugh at them on Neogaf. More hundred millions of $$$ wasted. More damage! GO TERRORISM! YAY!!!!!!

lol exactly! some of these comments in here are just cringe worthy and trying way too hard to be edgy

Dylan

I have made my reasons known in previous Sony hack threads. I find repugnant the notion of the American film industry poking fun at the leader of a sovereign nation by violently depicting his death for a cheap laugh. Given that North Korea has no diplomatic representation in the United States, I deem its actions appropriate given the offense.

Are you familiar with North Korea, at all?

Beefy

Yeah, release more private informations and data of Sony's employees. Good job, terrorists.
More! So I can read all the emails of some Sony Pictures managers and laugh at them on Neogaf. More hundred millions of $$$ wasted. More damage! GO TERRORISM! YAY!!!!!!

Yep, people seem to forget the innocent people caught up on this.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
They already have all of your information! You'd be a fool to think that you have to succumb to their demands in order to feel protected. This is like a fucking parody. Over a fucking movie. Are these stories apart of the movie? They certainly feel like it. This has gotten so out of hand.

I have made my reasons known in previous Sony hack threads. I find repugnant the notion of the American film industry poking fun at the leader of a sovereign nation by violently depicting his death for a cheap laugh. Given that North Korea has no diplomatic representation in the United States, I deem its actions appropriate given the offense.

Are you going to threaten my livelihood if I say something bad about you?

People really think the hackers are trust worthy enough to not release anymore info since Sony caved? Fucking idiots. They'll continue making demands.

Sulik2

The FBI has currently all pieces of evidence.
So right now I believe the FBI more than Ars Technica's article.

And still: It's not like Sony's password was "Password" or as if they didn't have security/passwords at all.
They got attacked and are the victim.

Actually yes, bad passwords was part of the problem. That was one of the major mistakes they made. They had emails talking about being proud of convincing an outside security auditor that they didn't want to force users to have complicated passwords. They kept open, unecrpyted lists of important passwords in excel files just sitting on servers and file shares. Thats the kind of crap that turns a fairly advanced attack into the disaster Sony had. If they had followed proper security practices internally this attack would have cause no where near as much damage.

This really makes you wonder what is in the rest of the hacked documents. How damaging are their secrets that letting the terrorists win is better PR than letting that info get out?

Mindwipe

Actually yes, bad passwords was part of the problem. That was one of the major mistakes they made. They had emails talking about being proud of convincing an outside security auditor that they didn't want to force users to have complicated passwords. They kept open, unecrpyted lists of important passwords in excel files just sitting on servers and file shares. Thats the kind of crap that turns a fairly advanced attack into the disaster Sony had. If they had followed proper security practices internally this attack would have cause no where near as much damage.

Not actually true.

KHarvey16

This really makes you wonder what is in the rest of the hacked documents. How damaging are their secrets that letting the terrorists win is better PR than letting that info get out?

We have no good reason to believe Sony did this to keep more info from coming out. Firstly Sony pulled it after theaters decided not to show it on the 25th, and secondly trusting a group and holding back a movie would be dumb on Sony's part.

sn00zer

This shit is so easy to condemn when you have no stake in it.
"Oh Sony is such pussies" says the person whose social security number, address and family records arent currently held by a NK terrorist group.
"They bent over backwards"...yeah they did, because releasing a fucking movie was less important than making sure the planet didnt have their employees records which could be used for god knows what.

"What if producers self-censor because they don't want to offend the sensibilities of someone whose sensibilities should be offended."

Fugu

This isn't "the leader of a soverign nation", it's the leader of North Korea, the nation with a peerless reputation for human rights violations. There is no "both sides of the story" here; Kim Jong-Un is at the top of an unbelievably oppressive regime.

Fuck him. We should be making videos of cats shitting on his face.

Sony just needs to go under at this point. Rembrandt their camera company back to Minolta and set it free and just let the rest of their shit tank. They suck. Incompetent as all hell.

rambis

Banned
This is nothing. We were expecting a gloat from GOP and we here it is. Part of me thinks that this will push Sony to release the film as a fuck you. The Japanese really don't like Koreans and vice-versa.

B5F7QqwCUAEkWMN.jpg

Yet somehow Americans finds a way to take offense in all this cause freedom.

Grym

"Oh Sony is such pussies" says the person whose social security number, address and family records arent currently held by a NK terrorist group.
"They bent over backwards"...yeah they did, because releasing a fucking movie was less important than making sure the planet didnt have their employees records which could be used for god knows what.

Here is the problem with this line of thought. How exactly does this "make sure" employee records aren't released? Since when are the statements made by hackers (or North fucking Korea) for that matter to be trusted in any way shape or form?

HariKari

The data is already in the wild. It's 'released'. Those people have to deal with the fallout already. The mistake is in thinking that it will somehow get better if these hackers are appeased.

I know all the informations. I've read them all.
Still, they got attacked. By a fucking dictator / by NK.
End of story: This is an act of war, imfho!

Servbot24

Banned
Someone release the film it so more of Sony's secrets come out. Especially if it is more information on unethical business practices that plague all of Hollywood.

We can't expect these things to change if they aren't brought to the public's attention.

Yeah, unethical business decisions are way more important than terrorism, threats of mass murder, and the security of your most basic human rights!

Am I allowed to say "Fuck you" to people on NeoGAF?

Oh, I'd also like to offer the same sentiment to everyone who is more concerned about condemning the victim of terrorist threats than addressing the actual issue,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom