• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Planning “Some Intriguing Game Announcements” This Week

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed Sony has some very interesting games coming out soon like Puppeteer and a couple of others.

Seems like they take more risks and is more creative than Nintendo.
For a period of several years, the bolded was absolutely true. This is why I find Sony's recent output to be so god damn disappointing.

LTWheels

I expect vita games. Can't see anymore first party ps4 games being announced till E3. Too late on for more PS3 games. I question brining out GT6 no the PS3 at this time when the end of the year is focused on next gen. GT6 is better served as a future PS4 title.

THE:MILKMAN

Amar212 posted 10 days ago we'll all be happy in 3 weeks in the GT vs Forza thread.

That would be next week. Either GT6 has been brought forward a week, or it will be other game announcements.

We're getting very close either way.

For a period of several years, the bolded was absolutely true. This is why I find Sony's recent output to be so god damn disappointing.

What....Rain, Puppeteer, Until Dawn, Last of Us, Beyond, Knack surely this year they are releasing the greatest number of new ips compared to previous years.

Christhor

Don't expect the announcements this week, that was not what he said, for all we know this might just be for E3.

Just bring on some new IPs, those are the ones to watch.

Sendou

Interesting. Don't they have an event or live stream or anything like that. Have similiar announcements usually been made with some boring press release and release trailer?

jbug617

Banned
I believe next week is also Judges week for E3 so it's possible they would have these titles playable for the press (even if the press can't talk about them till E3).

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
What....Rain, Puppeteer, Until Dawn, Last of Us, Beyond, Knack surely this year they are releasing the greatest number of new ips compared to previous years.

Wait, what? Last year was shit (except Journey), but this year looks dope as hell for PS3 users.
New IP doesn't mean it interests me. The only things in the list that Psycho_Mantis posted that appeal to me are Knack (which I'm not about to buy a PS4 for) and Last of Us which I am going to buy on day one, but fully expect to devolve into shootbang bullshit before the game is over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why not save this for E3? Keep the buzz going in the face of MS' announcement?

I'd still sorta save it though. Unless its PS3 only in which case a) that's dumb and b) they can announce it now and just include it in a highlight reel at E3.

EDIT: never mind, read it wrong. Misleading title indeed.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The announcement that no one was expecting...GT6 exclusive for the PS Vita.
MEGATON.
I hope not

Cyberia

ReaperXL7

Well we had some people here saying there wad seemingly big news coming for indies on Vita, Shahid is always tweeting about stuff, and Sony pretty much always announces lots of stuff the weeks before E3, so it could be anything though id love more Vita announcements.

They have a fuckton of stuff to talk about so I fully expect them to push ps3, and Vita before E3 to leave the most time for PS4 at E3. Keeps people talking about Sony without showing their cards until the big day

Also with Cernys comments about the ps4s launch window line up Im expecting many games to be announced at E3. Honestly Sony could probably do a 3-4 hout E3 conference and still not get to everything.

New IP doesn't mean it interests me. The only things in the list that Psycho_Mantis posted that appeal to me are Knack (which I'm not about to buy a PS4 for) and Last of Us which I am going to buy on day one, but fully expect to devolve into shootbang bullshit before the game is over.

you're moving goalposts. You replied to someone by saying that sony doesn't take risks and people have proven you wrong.
In 2012/2013 you have journey, tokyo jungle, puppeteer, last of us, beyond, rain and until dawn, just for ps3 alone. they are taking risks, whether you like it or not is a completely different subject.

btkadams

why do people continuously hope for gt6 crossbuy ps3/ps4? if it happens, awesome, but i really don't think anyone should get their hopes up. it will still be a great game if it's on ps3 only. i just can't imagine sony thinking it's a bright idea to launch gt6 and driveclub on the same system at the same time, and that's not even taking into account that polyphony would have had to have developed a game for two platforms since the release of gt5. this reminds me of when god of war 2 was announced.

Spwn

Probably a Sony first party game so I'll just guess Gran Turismo 6 and a new Vita game from Bend Studio.

Xater

Sony: "We have some 3rd party exclusives as well!"

Will be GT6. I guess they want to get the PS3 stuff out of the way before E3.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seems like a good idea to get PS3 games out of the way now since the focal point at E3 is going to be all about the PS4.

So I expect its GT6. Hopefully a few more surprises.

ReaperXL7

why do people continuously hope for gt6 crossbuy ps3/ps4? if it happens, awesome, but i really don't think anyone should get their hopes up. it will still be a great game if it's on ps3 only. i just can't imagine sony thinking it's a bright idea to launch gt6 and driveclub on the same system at the same time, and that's not even taking into account that polyphony would have had to have developed a game for two platforms since the release of gt5. this reminds me of when god of war 2 was announced.

Well its not like we know when GT6 would release even if it was announced. If Drive Club is a launch game, and GT6 comes in like feburary 2014 it would not be an issue.

Only a couple of weeks left, but if GT6 is announced for PS3 it would be better to do it before E3 so people dont get their hopes up during the presser.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
you're moving goalposts. You replied to someone by saying that sony doesn't take risks and people have proven you wrong.
In 2012/2013 you have journey, tokyo jungle, puppeteer, last of us, beyond, rain and until dawn, just for ps3 alone. they are taking risks, whether you like it or not is a completely different subject.
I'm not moving goal posts. My initial post was on my opinion on their output. I personally find it disappointing. They take risks, but I only care if the games appeal to me. This goes for any of the big 3.

Tokyo Jungle was the most exciting thing they'd released in ages. That was an excellent game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope some of these are PS4 announcements. I need more next gen info.

my guess would be buy the ps3 version and you can download the ps4 version when the system launches for free. i would guess you probably need to hold on to disc or buy it digitally and that could curb some trade ins and i am expecting this with all their ps3 releases going forward where you get a digital ps4 version free if they are smart or maybe tie it behind a plus subscription. a lot of options for sony IF they are smart.

I've been kind of hoping that they do something like this for some of their fall titles like Beyond and Puppeteer.

Top Bottom