• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Planning “Some Intriguing Game Announcements” This Week

GT6 doesn't really sound intriguing.

Not really interested in GT6, apart from racing Bathurst. Might get it used as there was a flood of second hand copies after GT5 released. Think GT6's sales will be markedly less than GT5.

They need to realize that when they release a game on both the Vita and PS3, people who only on the PS3 aren't really incentive to get a Vita...and I don't think remote/cross play is compelling enough to lay down $250

B.O.O.M

Dunno if this was already mentioned but one of the announcements will be the GOW:A DLC. They mentioned it on their FB page

pubba

I'm still hoping Sony announce something to do with Occulus Rift support. That thing has me hyped much more than new console hardware or game announcements.

KAL2006

Banned
Likely PS3 and Vita announcements

I expect
Gran Turismo 6 for PS3
LittleBigPlanet 3 for PS3 and Vita
Uncharted Golden Abyss 2 for Vita

I'm starting to doubt that this comment has anything to do with GT6. We now know that Jade Raymond's studio is announcing a new game tomorrow and Bethesda is teasing a new title as well. Nothing in Fred's comment indicates that he's referring to announcements from Sony's own studios.

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't know by intriguing I understand something we won't expect, unlike GT6, damn after GT5 I'm not even sure I would buy it at launch.

Hope for new IPs, I only can repeat that in as many threads possible, I want more new IPs next gen, not only sequels to this gens IPs (no God of War and Uncharted pls. Killzone and Infamous are more than enough)

Famassu

Intriguing game announcement = 15 second teaser trailer with a "please wait for more @ E3 2013" text at the end, as in, it's not intriguing at all.

Given the rate that special editions are inflating, I look forward to Gt6, GT6 collectors edition with another model car for $90, and Gt6 Circuit edition for $40,000 that comes with a real car in GT6 special colors and racing specs.

Sylver

Banned
Something to fill July, August and December Vita gaming months with no announced games and September or November months with just one per month?

otapnam

my guess would be buy the ps3 version and you can download the ps4 version when the system launches for free. i would guess you probably need to hold on to disc or buy it digitally and that could curb some trade ins and i am expecting this with all their ps3 releases going forward where you get a digital ps4 version free if they are smart or maybe tie it behind a plus subscription. a lot of options for sony IF they are smart.

Yep my prediction is GT6 for PS3 but you can use the disc for assets when it launches on PS4 - you just download the game from PSN and use the PS3 disc for assets.

ReaperXL7

Something to fill July, August and December Vita gaming months with no announced games and September or November months with just one per month?

Depends, Vita has had quite abit announced for it the past few months, most just seem to downplay it because those games are Indie games, and not all the same stuff that many here spend all day bitching about on consoles.

I fully expect (if nothing else) many more indie ge announcements for the Vita. Though im curious about first and third party annoucements Id love a new Rayman, Lumines, RPG, and FPS announced, maybe some more HD collections.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Shahid has been talking up some big things for Vita coming soon. I could see a final PS3/Vita blowout before a PS4 blowout at E3. Probably Last of Us MP as well.

Cha

Better be some bigger Vita announcements (not indie stuff). Don't have anything to look forward to after Killzone Mercenary :/
Edit: It better not be a ports or HDcollections either. Need to know what's the next game built specifically for the system.

They need to realize that when they release a game on both the Vita and PS3, people who only on the PS3 aren't really incentive to get a Vita...and I don't think remote/cross play is compelling enough to lay down $250

The odd thing to me is, people say that about the Vita, but with the 3DS, cross play or such is touted as a major feature that warrants both consoles, in the case of something like MH3U or Smash Bros.

sounds like Vita junk. probably some little minigame game or something.

I don't think of sequals to established franchises when I think of intriging.

AOC83

Banned
Ready at Dawn's Syphon Filter

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

The_Monk

I wonder what it can be. Most fellow GAFfers are expecting GT6 news. If it is that I'm fine with it. Also, something for the Vita would be nice too.

---

On another note, what's happening or when it is releasing that game that had a flashlight on the cover and it was supposed to be Horror themed? I forgot the name, I remember that it was going to be for PS Move but it's not Move exclusive anymore.

JoshHood

I wonder what it can be. Most fellow GAFfers are expecting GT6 news. If it is that I'm fine with it. Also, something for the Vita would be nice too.

---

On another note, what's happening or when it is releasing that game that had a flashlight on the cover and it was supposed to be Horror themed? I forgot the name, I remember that it was going to be for PS Move but it's not Move exclusive anymore.

Until Dawn, release later this year. I'm guessing Halloween time.

When was LBP3 rumoured for? Was it autumn 2013, cos that could be this week? Even with Knack and Puppeteer on the way...

B.O.O.M

Announcing more games for a 77m user base, yay!

I would agree with this if the system didn't have enough games coming to it. It has a LOT of games coming to it. I mean I doubt a ps3 owner would look at the sw line up this year and say sony should announce more. They have done plenty for the system. This is a great year for PS3 software wise. Ideally they will focus on their struggling system...but I don't expect them to

Don't know by intriguing I understand something we won't expect, unlike GT6, damn after GT5 I'm not even sure I would buy it at launch.

Hope for new IPs, I only can repeat that in as many threads possible, I want more new IPs next gen, not only sequels to this gens IPs (no God of War and Uncharted pls. Killzone and Infamous are more than enough)

2 Infamous are more than enough? The hell is this?

Top Bottom