• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to Eurogamer: PlayStation 4 will not block used games

elfinke

There really haven't been too many missteps today from Sony (or none at all, perhaps?). A really polished performance from all involved. This is just further good will and good press on top of largely positive reactions from today's meeting.

whitehawk.gif

People said this gif will backfire but things are looking good so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And I thought we had all the good news we were going to get for the day.

I applaud you, Sony. I don't think this helps your sell very much, but you did us all a good one and are definitely making an even better case for the PS4 for me right now.

Did you watch the conference tonight? Getting 3rd party support doesn't seem to be an issue.

What he's saying is that Gamestop will push the PS4 heavily if MS does this. Same goes for any store that has a used game policy. It'll be in their best interest to have the PS4 do well compared to the next Xbox. That's just another reason why I can't see MS making this move on their own.

snap0212

Of course they won't block used games. However, even more content will be locked behind an online pass and that one will be $30. That's at least what I guess. There's absolutely no way we'll end up with a solution that isn't screwing us over in some way.

i-Lo

Based Kaz living up to the reputation painted by the numerous GIFs.

Still, there is the matter of "always online".

Soi-Fong

Why do I get a strange feeling that those Durango rumors could also be bullshit or old?

Not exactly. I'm a bit worried on why EA didn't show up especially considering the "good" relationship between the two.

Like it or not, Edge was pretty much spot on even with the increase in memory.

ZaCH3000

Today is Sony's day. X3 is dead before it even launches if they place a ban on used games. The anti-consumer press will kill the brand.

Luckily I don't think those X3 rumors are true.

Alas, today is a day for Sony fans to rejoice. Its about time all the negativity surrounding next-gen is finally done for at least on Sony's front. We are getting a monster console from Sony with great looking titles that we barely have any information or footage of and a clean, functional looking online UI which I'm really pumped about.

Homerun all around.

SSReborn

Not exactly. I'm a bit worried on why EA didn't show up especially considering the "good" relationship between the two.

It would have been better if EA was there in place of Square Enix.

rapid32.5

Solidifies my PS4 purchase, even though I don't buy used games. it's healthy for Sony to get more consumers on boat.

Desty

Banned

Yeah that's a good question. I really expected EA to show some Battlefield. I think a lot of people expected it. Maybe this is MS secret weapon?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
He says it will play them. He doesn't say whether you will need to pay an unlock fee before they will play.

Reiko

Banned

Looking at the specs and then reading the BF4 leak rumor should give you a clearer picture. I'm not worried at all.

We're definitely getting better than BF3 graphics on console. Killzone 4 looks better than BF3.

sappyday

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will scrap their plans on blocking used games now, however if they were doing it in the first were they expecting sony to also do the same?

Awesome Sony, I had might concerns because of the patent, so I'm glad to hear that used games aren't blocked.

If MS blocks used games, they will have one nasty PR situation to handle.

I can't imagine them being as successful as they were next gen if they are the only ones restricting used games.

Do you guys think we will see more pushes like online passes, though?

Perhaps "Premium" DLC prices for "Premium" consumers, while used buyers have to pay higher prices?

Top Bottom