• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony tweets "Portable Gaming Perfection"

holy fuck @ sony being super passive aggressive against vita.

i expected this to be a vita thread, not some tablet/ps3 controller hybird. which actually, is not really portable at all. at least by my definition of "portable"

Hollycat

You can't do that.

It's Chie or Vita, you can't just go up and select waifu's from different types of objects.

You're making her cry.

I never claimed Chie was my Waifu. She's just the best video game character. The only one even close is Zack Fair.

We're having a threesome.

Edit: Darnit Neogaf, why you no have /s turned on.

entremet

Why is anyone surprised?

SCEA ignores it.

Naughty Dog and Polyphony ignores it.

I love the system, but Sony has moved on. Little brother PS4 is the favored son.

KoopaTheCasual

Ice.Cold.

iB3h5iUbtnrQL.png
Lol, dead.

Gestault

Man, it's a good thing Sony doesn't have an improved version of that controller or a dedicated portable device, otherwise this would look sort of shortsighted.

QaaQer

I guess this thread answers the question what Sony's "Thoughts about Sony's next handheld strategy for the West" are.

Phil4000

Nvidia Shield is
almost
portable gaming perfection!
772_0.jpg

The Shield currently has:
- Excellent audio (extremely loud with decent bass)
- Excellent controls (though I would prefer the Xbox stick layout)
- Excellent hardware CPU/GPU/memory inside/build quality (visuals easily surpass Vita and almost all phone/tablet visual horsepower and the build quality in great (buttons feel solid, device can be dropped from 5-10 feet)
- Excellent battery life (Lasts 7-12 hours and potentially even longer depending on use and setup (screen brightness, audio volume, streaming or running native games on Tegra, web surfing only)
- Good supply of great fun to play games (the number of controller supported android games just keep coming) and did I mention that you can basically play all Steam controller supporting games (via streaming) through this thing!

What it needs to achieve this state IMO:
- Slightly larger screen (currently 5inch, needs at least a 6inch screen)
- Reduction is weight and bulk (30-50% less weight, size currently feels close to the Xbox fat controller)
- Rumble in the controller and haptic feedback in the screen
- True console quality visuals (Can anyone say Tegra K1 !!!)

Bring on the Shield 2!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh fuck. Ok, you got me. I totally expected this to be some kind of Vita advertising and was ready to say damn right. Fuck sake Sony. Right in the balls.

QaaQer

Nvidia Shield is
almost
portable gaming perfection!

The Shield currently has:
- Excellent audio (extremely loud with decent bass)
- Excellent controls (though I would prefer the Xbox stick layout)
- Excellent hardware CPU/GPU/memory inside (visuals easily surpass Vita and almost all phone raw visual horsepower)
- Good supply of great fun to play games (the number of controller supported android games just keep coming)

What it needs to achieve this state IMO:
- Slighty larger screen (currently 5inch, needs at least a 6inch screen)
- Reduction is weight and bulk (30-50 less weight, feels close to the Xbox fat controller)
- Rumble in the controller and haptic feedback in the screen
- True console quality visuals (Can anyone say Tegra K1 !!)

too bad there are zero games made exclusively for it and it looks, umm, weird.

EL CUCO

The tweet is from Sony promoting DualShock 3 functionality with tablets. My Xperia Z1s is also compatible with DS3.

Its just another example of poor wording from non gaming PR. Insensitive to those of us Vita owners :(

yudodisSony?

Mr-Joker

Banned
And I just brought a Vita, welp I might as well cancel the order and invest the money in ordering a Russian bride.

Also who seriously takes their PS3 controller with them when they go out?

Maxim726X

Just curious, for those who say the Vita has no games... Just what in the fuck are you looking for? (Near) perfect ports of fighting games? Yep. RPGs? Yep. Shooters? Yup. Platformers? Great ones. Racing games? They're there too.

What exactly is it the handheld lacks?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just curious, for those who say the Vita has no games... Just what in the fuck are you looking for? (Near) perfect ports of fighting games? Yep. RPGs? Yep. Shooters? Yup. Platformers? Great ones. Racing games? They're there too.

I don't think too many people say it anymore to be honest. Not on GAF at least.

explodet

Vita am cry. Guessing the xperia guys are working from a different playbook than the vita guys.
I've said this a bunch of times before; the teams within Sony are notorious for not working with each other.
My favorite example is when Sony Music had a promotion where one of the prizes was an Xbox with the game Brute Force.

What's weird is this time a DS3 is involved. That's just wrong.

Volume of games comparable to other Playstation video game consoles. The Playstation brand has always had the best of both worlds: 1st party support to supplement 3rd party games. The Vita, unfortunately, isn't getting the usual Playstation support that other systems in the family historically received.

I don't own a Vita, but I definitely am getting the Vita slim when it's released to support dedicated handhelds. But I'm somewhat concerned about Sony's attitude towards the little gem and its outlook for 2015 onward.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Core titles from Sony basically a vita game from Naughty Dog and other Sony studio. If they aren't bothered then the customers aren't going to stick around.

At least he's not fist pumping the intro screen

duo_gamer.jpg

Either that guy is really excited by the title screen or his wife is giving him one hell of a hand job.

Top Bottom