• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur V goes gold - New Vids, Screens

EX Xiba using SC4 Kilik's entire moveset w/Kali-Yuga (it'd actually be fitting considering the fact that Xiba
is Kilik's son.
). Do it, Namco. XD

I wish they had taken the time to make EX Pat look like he doesn't have the umbrella. Iaido-style Pat would be some badass shit if done properly.

Erigu

What context is there? He's got Setsuka's animations and it looks odd for his character. They would've been better suited to take some CaS character and call it good.
And it doesn't just look odd: story-wise, why would Patroklos end up with Setsuka's moveset? Setsuka? Of all people?
I hope we're missing something, here, but considering the character select screen and the character icon can both be seen in the video, I'm not sure what that could be...

soakrates

Seriously. I mean, really, they couldn't take a bit of time to generate a decent looking character model to go with that style?
Maybe not. I think it's possible they wanted to include Setsuka or place her style in a new character, but couldn't find a good way to integrate that character/style into the new system and storyline. So they took a shortcut and made an "enhanced" version of one of the main characters with a style that meshed with their vision for the gameplay.

Shoutouts to Kilik
losing his virginity

If it's written on the official site, do we need spoiler tags?

I just wanted to be on the safe side, I don't fancy getting banned. XD

Xiba
is apparantly the child of not just Kilik but also Xianghua

Yeah, he is.
Xianghua's father is Xiba's master, who said he would take care of their son on the condition that he never finds out who his mother is, and that she can visit him (of course, without him knowing she's his mom) once a year. Basically, her grandfather forced her to marry General Whoeverthefuck and they didn't want her having any other ties to Kilik.

GrayFoxPL

But I need Bangoo now to satiate me.

So you want Bangoo to fill you to satisfaction?

huoEZ.jpg

<_<

>_>

<_>

I just hope they don't throw in a custom character into story or quick play mode, name him bangoo, and give him Astaroth's move set. If he's not in this game, then just hang onto him for a future game when you have an idea for him.

But seriously, Bangoo would be in his thirties now, basically the same as Rock was when he started out. He could be a leaner, fast axe wielder but the time to have teenage Bangoo is long past in any case.

DasRaven

Bangoo and Cervantes can be team Pec Deck. ^_^

I'm pretty sure SCV was made specifically so Pat, Pyrrah and Bangoo could get in on the action. If I don't get Bangoo, there will be issues
/tears

I can't imagine as big a fan as Daishi is that Bangoo/Bangu would not be included.
And if they're bringing back old styles, Rock's is definitely not going away.

But seriously, Bangoo would be in his thirties now, basically the same as Rock was when he started out. He could be a leaner, fast axe wielder but the time to have teenage Bangoo is long past in any case.

I'd prefer it that way anyway, though I don't think they'll be going down the axe route. That's the only thing that's worrying me, we already have two axe users.

Though nothing is stopping them from adding a third or giving him a new weapon. I just really think that leaving out Bangoo would be a huge missed opportunity.

DasRaven

I'd prefer it that way anyway, though I don't think they'll be going down the axe route. That's the only thing that's worrying me, we already have two axe users.

Though nothing is stopping them from adding a third or giving him a new weapon. I just really think that leaving out Bangoo would be a huge missed opportunity.

I'd love to see him come through as a mace user. Lots of opportunities for creativity while still bringing the power-style moves from Rock into this game.

hteng

Banned

Yeah, he is.
Xianghua's father is Xiba's master, who said he would take care of their son on the condition that he never finds out who his mother is, and that she can visit him (of course, without him knowing she's his mom) once a year. Basically, her grandfather forced her to marry General Whoeverthefuck and they didn't want her having any other ties to Kilik.

wait.. what the bloody fuck? does that mean Xiba and Leixia are siblings? so we have eastern siblings vs western siblings?
and xianghua's a slut?!

Wow, I guess the "The game is being rushed" tweet makes sense now. So I suppose not only will we not see another original moveset among the remaining unrevealed characters, we might not get another character model. Disappointing.

TDLink

From 8wayrun...Sophitia. If she is playable I am going to say she is probably one of the characters behind the tablet on row 3 and will have some sort of all new moveset since she appears to be all goddess-y now. That is pure speculation from me though.

XdGIY.png

D3VI0US

Wow, I guess the "The game is being rushed" tweet makes sense now. So I suppose not only will we not see another original moveset among the remaining unrevealed characters, we might not get another character model. Disappointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI275ebcxGc&feature=player_embedded

Patsuka looks like he gets his own character slot from the vid above, he's in the bottom left. If the remaining character slots are just styles and not new models I might not buy the game. It's bad enough that they took the time to put in Dampierre and Algol and what's worse is they are trying to pass of new skins as new characters, so far it's just Viola and ZWEI that are really new. I need a Yun/Hwang and a Talim style at the very least to be satisifed, if they're gonna take good characters out why would I even play it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Yeah, he is.

Why wouldn't he
want Xianghua to have any ties to Kilik?!

So let me get this straight.
Kilik and Xianghua had a love child, and that's Leixia. Then Xianghua's father forced her to a marry some general dude, with whom she had her second child, Xiba.

Xiba doesn't know who his parents are, and he's being raised and trained by his grandfather, whom I presume Xiba doesn't know is his grandfather. Meanwhile, Leixia knows ... what? That she's Kilik's daughter? Does she know who her mom is?

This is some fucked up shit.

Coxy

Why wouldn't he
want Xianghua to have any ties to Kilik?!

So let me get this straight.
Kilik and Xianghua had a love child, and that's Leixia. Then Xianghua's father forced her to a marry some general dude, with whom she had her second child, Xiba.

Xiba doesn't know who his parents are, and he's being raised and trained by his grandfather, whom I presume Xiba doesn't know is his grandfather. Meanwhile, Leixia knows ... what? That she's Kilik's daughter? Does she know who her mom is?

This is some fucked up shit.

other way around,
xiba is kiliks kid and isnt part of xianghua's family for obvious reasons, I'm guessing Kilik is probably now looking for soul edge for the power to kill this warlord guy

From 8wayrun...Sophitia. If she is playable I am going to say she is probably one of the characters behind the tablet on row 3 and will have some sort of all new moveset since she appears to be all goddess-y now. That is pure speculation from me though.

XdGIY.png

Dat namco anti-aging magic

alstein

I'd personally have had them do Setsuka or a new character based on her right, then have customization options.

Then again, if the game is good I can forgive laziness. If it's not, there's always VF in a few months. Real Honest fighting is good whether it's in 2d or 3d.

Patsuka looks like he gets his own character slot from the vid above, he's in the bottom left. If the remaining character slots are just styles and not new models I might not buy the game. It's bad enough that they took the time to put in Dampierre and Algol and what's worse is they are trying to pass of new skins as new characters, so far it's just Viola and ZWEI that are really new. I need a Yun/Hwang and a Talim style at the very least to be satisifed, if they're gonna take good characters out why would I even play it.

Hey it's not that bad since they'll throw all the characters that didn't make it in as CAS styles so you can vainly try to recreate them with the character creator. Right? Right?

Skilletor

Patroclus and Ezio are completely new.

I'd say 4 new characters is pretty good for a sequel.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
other way around,
xiba is kiliks kid and isnt part of xianghua's family for obvious reasons, I'm guessing Kilik is probably now looking for soul edge for the power to kill this warlord guy

Oh. So
Xiba is Kilik and Xianghua's son, but he doesn't know who his parents are and is being raised by his grandfather. Does he know his grandfather is his grandfather?

And what about Leixia? She's Xianghua's daughter with the general she was forced to marry? I suppose she knows who her parents are, right?

TDLink

What exactly is wrong with Dampierre? It sucks that he is being held hostage due to "needing" a pre-order bonus but he looks like an awesome original character who has a moveset like no one else. Additionally he is essentially all new since no one played the PSP spin off. I don't get the hate for Algol either. You want unique characters but are hating on two who are incredibly unique next to every other character in the history of the series.

Patroclus and Ezio are completely new.

I'd say 4 new characters is pretty good for a sequel.

I'd also say Aeon is new enough. Xiba also seems to be considerably different from his predecessors compared to the other "replacements", though I guess we'll see there.

TDLink

I think the issue is we lose 4 characters in the bargain.

The styles of Talim, Zasalamel, and Yun (not really sure who you are considering a 4th here) haven't been confirmed to not be in the game yet. There are enough characters left to be revealed where it is plausible that one, or all 3, of those could still make it in. Honestly, it is pretty good that all the other styles have been retained and they have still managed to give us 4 or 5 completely new ones on top of that.

Khezu

I can see a plot twist where leixia is actually kiliks kid also.

Also god damn pissed setsuka got replaced with a pallet swap, would at least like a version of the sword with a umbrella so I could just make her in CaS.

Top Bottom