• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Dylan O’Brien & Logan Lerman Being Eyed for MCU Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

The real question is:

Which girl should be in the first Standalone?

Gwen Stacy
Mary Jane
Felicia Hardy

All 3?

Which actresses should play them?

Considering they just came off Gwen Stacy, I'd assume they want to give that character a break. Probably MJ.

As for the actress, that's the tough question. Red head Emma Stone is perfect, but that's obviously not possible at this point. No idea.

How many times has Spiderman been rebooted now?

Its fucking insane, and kinda sad.

Hopefully the crazy number of reboots in such a short time period means that the next Spiderman movie can skip the whole origin bit and get right into the thick of things.

How many times has Spiderman been rebooted now?

Its fucking insane, and kinda sad.

Hopefully the crazy number of reboots in such a short time period means that the next Spiderman movie can skip the whole origin bit and get right into the thick of things.

That is the stated goal that was leaked in the Sony email leaks. Thank god if they stick to it.

I feel the same way. Spider-Man is on the same level of cultural awareness as superman or batman. People know what his deal is. Even without two other origin movies.

Like I said before he IS Parker. It is perfect casting. But he is pretty busy / in demand right now.

Please Marvel / Sony don't screw this up. He could be the best live action Spidey we've had

I agree. He is beyond perfect, and imo would become the definitive Spider-Man.

Hopefully he isn't in a long term contract for Teen Wolf. They are filming season 5 right now, so if he hasn't signed on for 6 yet, he may be able to get out easily.

The real question is:

Which girl should be in the first Standalone?

Gwen Stacy
Mary Jane
Felicia Hardy

All 3?

Which actresses should play them?

Jane Levy. Accept no substitute.

OEZwIoW.png

Not sure if this was posted already, threads are getting too big and quick for me to follow each update lol, but in case not:

Andrew Garfield was a part of early discussions in staying on for the MCU reboot

Wonder if that means he opted out of the movie himself?

Guy has loved Spider-Man since he was a kid and always sounded super keen about the possibility of Spidey joining the Avengers. He was booted, no doubt.

No half-way legit comic book nerd would turn down a chance to kick ass alongside RDJ, the Chrises and Ruffalo.

The more i think about it, the more attached I am to the Idea and Dylan as Peter Parker,

I will probably be very disappointed and cynical if they choose anyone else now.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Dylan just started filming teen wolf season 5. I have no idea if they already filmed the 2nd maze runner movie.

DeathyBoy

Banned
She will be 28 by the first movie. Too old to consistently play a high schooler for a while like Marvel wants.[/QUO

Except the Marvel timeline progresses with each year. Iron Man/Thor/Hulk/Iron Man 2 take place two years before The Avengers. IM 3/Thor 2/CA 3 take place roughly a year after The Avengers. AOU takes place at least six months after CA 2. Spidey's getting one high school film, two at most.

Korten

Banned
She will be 28 by the first movie. Too old to consistently play a high schooler for a while like Marvel wants.

I thought Marvel wants Spider-man to have been Spider-man for a while now. I mean if that's the case, wouldn't this new spider-man either be in college or out of it now?

So I guess Dylan O'Brien is really good in the Teen Wolf show? He was pretty bad in Maze Runner, in a super overacting sort of way. Script didn't help.

Logan Lerman has grown on me.

flkraven

Twice is once too many in one generation. And this new reboot will make it three.

Three reboots since 2002. That seems pathetic from what it supposed to be a creative industry.

Same amount of times as the Hulk. Unless Ed Norton is starring in the next Avengers movie and I just didn't know it.

Loke13

Dylan is the perfect first choice! Talented actor that can pull off comedy and drama well and the most talented actor in Teen Wolf. Logan is also a good second choice. Dylan's schedule is a bit tied up with Teen Wolf Season 5 though.

This is the problem. People are sick of Spider-Kid. They want Spider-Man. I swear to God, if they make another origin story...
No they aren't lol they're just sick of the reboots.

Would have definitely preferred andrew Garfield interacting with these dudes instead of some bland kids but whatever, still excited for some spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom