• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

Blader

No I haven't. I do have lots of hopes riding on The Vultre given Keaton and the reason that he's signed for more movies which means I think they won't kill him off without development.

Keaton is only signed for this movie.

That said, you don't need more than one movie to develop a character!

SpaceWolf

Banned
You mean the guy controlled by his metal arms? I'll never understand the love for that movie. It was absolutely terrible. I guess spider man 3 was so terrible it made spider man 2 look good.

I'm excited for this one though. Hated the raimi movies and amazing spider man ones.

j_CCFm.gif

Man, if they nail Vulture - and he survives through the - then whew, we've got a stew going here.

This isn't, like, C-tier Dr. Strange baddies and that random Ant-Man dude. Spider-Man has THE greatest rogues next to Batman. It'd be an absolute waste not to give them as much attention as Spidey himself.

Dreams of a Sinister Six lineup...

As meh as I am on the whole venom spinoff movie idea this Spiderman already has a monster lineup of villains between Keaton and Tom Hardy

Dunkirk just got a bad draw, happens, sucks for Nolan but it happens. It'll still be great.

Whichever studio exe threw motherfucking VALERIAN up against Marvel AND the new Planet of the Apes movie should be fired on the spot though.

Keaton is only signed for this movie.

That said, you don't need more than one movie to develop a character!

Damn that Paul Thomas Anderson. If only we had an Upton Sinclair cinematic universe, then he really could've developed that Daniel Plainview chap, oh well.

Eidan

Did people not see Guardians 2? What is this bullshit about finally a good villain? Ego was fucking fantastic.

Agreed. I think at this point it's more of a standard talking point as opposed to a valid criticism. Complaining about Marvel villains being boring and generic is just reflexive, like complaining about the color grading and lack of steak.

Agreed. I think at this point it's more of a standard talking point as opposed to a valid criticism. Complaining about Marvel villains being boring and generic is just reflexive, like complaining about the color grading and lack of steak.
Code:
[img]http://screencapped.org/movie/captainamerica/albums/firstavenger/caps/capta-4677.jpg[/img]

Ahasverus

So not only is it a memorable movie, but the villain is also good?

Naysayers running out of cards to play.
I might have jumped the gun. The later reviews aren't focusing only on the fun part so there might actually be a good story in there too. Cautiously optimistic.
I have to say,
Captain America doing high school physical fitness videos
is inspired. It's the little things that make a cinematic universe even more worthwhile. 😀
Gotta agree.

Tobor

I have to say,
Captain America doing high school physical fitness videos
is inspired. It's the little things that make a cinematic universe even more worthwhile. 😀

kswiston

As this thread proves, they'll find something.

People are always going to have agendas or jaded POVs.

Even if you don't personally like every film, we're still looking at the best case scenario for superhero films right now. Apes is going to be the combo breaker, but up until Spider-Man's release, the 5 superhero films are also the 5 best reviewed big budget ($75M+) films of the year (by both RT and Metacritic rankings).

Huh.

Sony must have a godawful marketing department because it's looked completely forgettable in every trailer so far. And yet here we are with glowing reviews... maybe I'll see it in theaters after all.

That, or…maybe, they didn't reveal everything that was in the movie? Like y'all claim they do?

An 8 rating is not "above average" it's a great movie thats just not "AWARD WINNING" level. If hitting that level was easy then why is it that every other blockbuster struggles to hit it?

That doesn't mean it's some piece of shit assembly line product.

Y'all determined to hate huh?

Tobor

Peter Travers said:
News Flash: Tom Holland is the best movie Spider-Man ever. He finds the kid inside the famous red onesie and brings out the kid in even the most hardened filmgoer.

Best ever. Wrap it up, Raimi fans.

Top Bottom