• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman Miles Morales Adds RT to 60 FPS mode

dysonEA

Can you check your TV settings and make sure its in "game" mode? I have an LG OLED and in every other non-game mode I saw stutter, but once that was turned on, everything was butterly smooth.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Did you try reinstall the game? It might be bug. I don't feel any judder like this when playing. I noticed there's a few hiccups here and there but not like this.

It sounds incredibly unlikely that a corrupt installation would cause this and no other issues. I've now finished the story and all side content, and I've had no crashes or other issues at all during the entire time.

There’s nothing wrong with your PS5. Mine is exactly the same as your video.

If all of the performance videos showed locked 60fps then it would be a different story but they all show slight frame drops in the 60fps RT mode which will look like judder without VRR when v-sync is on. It’s probably so noticeable in this game as you move around so quickly when web slinging that even a couple of duplicate frames really stand out.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There’s nothing wrong with your PS5. Mine is exactly the same as your video.

If all of the performance videos showed locked 60fps then it would be a different story but they all show slight frame drops in the 60fps RT mode which will look like judder without VRR when v-sync is on. It’s probably so noticeable in this game as you move around so quickly when web slinging that even a couple of duplicate frames really stand out.

Alright, thanks! But it really does seem to me like it drops many more frames when moving than when standing still and rotating the camera, even in the exact same location. One is a smooth 60, the other isn't. Pretty weird!

I've tried to find a performance analysis that shows what I experience, and I haven't really been able to. But it's also the case that performance as bad as in my video is the worst I've seen in the entire game, usually it's more like a dropped frame here and there. And maybe that's related to time of day or something (which isn't the same at the start of the game where most analysis videos might have been done).

Indoor stuff always seems solid, as well as cutscenes (except for duplicate frames at camera cuts - I don't get why devs haven't solved this issue yet).

Last edited:
Top Bottom