And free of Politics? Damn, colored me surprised here
- DF praise some aspects of the tech in general.
- Facial animations are a mixed bag.
- Game does have some notable graphical issues
- Shadow maps are near completely absent
- In motion the AO pass can look very messy
- Reflections in SSR (in non RT modes) gives water a very different appearance when occluded
- Issues with texture flickering, light bleeding etc also common
- PS5|SX have 5 graphical modes. Series S has 3
- Series X has 3 modes for 60hz. Performance, Fidelity, Fidelity RT
- Perf: Typically Dynamic 1440p. Can range from 50 to 80% of 4K dynamically.
- Targets 60 FPS but is very shaky. Dropped frames and stutters abound.
- VRR displays can smooth most of it out but not all.
- Fidelity mode: Avg 1728p with bump in foliage density
- Locks pretty decently to target with minor 1 fps drop here and ther
- Fidelity RT: dynamic 1440p and can do 50 to 67% of 4K scaling.
- RT implementation is nothing special and doesn't apply on large bodies of water like lakes.
- RT mode suffers from substantial stutters and drops
- When console is set to 120hz mode, 2 more modes are added.
- Balanced: Fidelity mode with 40fps target with significant stuttering
- High Frame Rate locks to 1080p and runs unlocked from 60 to 90 frames on average. Only recommended for VRR folks.
- Additionally on all modes (aside HFR) you can also uncap frame rate
- Results are 'pretty unimpressive'. Can squeeze 5 to 10 frames per mode but only viable when you're within VRR window.
- This seems like a future proof mode for next-gen hardware.
- PS5 has same visual feature set as Series X with same rendering targets
- Performance mode is not perfect but runs with better frame rate
- Fidelity and Fidelity RT run with near locked 30 and is very difficult to drop
- HFR Performance runs the same as Series X
- Balanced mode is closed to lock 40 with rare drops
- Uncapped performances ranges are similar to Series X. PS5 has less drops when capped.
- Series S has 3 modes: Performance, Fidelity and Balanced
- Perf: 792p, Fidelity: 1080p (same for Balanced)
- Fidelity manages a decent 30 FPS
- Perf is similar to Series X with an unstable 60 FPS
- No option to unlock FPS
- Loading times are brisk on PS5|SX. Series S can show additional loading screens when exiting Hogwarts
- Summary: Generally fine on PS5 but Xbox versions need some more work
- DF are curious how the upcoming PS4/XBO/Switch versions will work.