• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Essentials Gameplay vids

dark10x said:
Wait, so this is Splinter Cell minus pretty visuals? What's the point? :p

Looks pretty good to me! Dynamic lighting is there, nice playable frame rate... doesn't look as solid as Syphon Filter but gets the job done.

Mook1e

This is portable Splinter Cell WITH the pretty visuals (finally). This will be the third portable Splinter Cell and it looks to be the best (by a long shot) if it isn't broken (gameplay)

Troidal

Looks nice for PSP, but I wonder how the controls are.

This game pretty much incorporated console FPS controls, but that doesn't transfer well on a PSP...so I'm a bit skeptical.

some pics
tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060123110824523.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060123110823991.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060123110825007.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060123110823491.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060123110825976.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060123110826413.jpg

Heck, there might even be an Xbox version.
Brand new SC for PSP, no recycled missions
Previous voice actors return
Basically like Hitman Contracts (revisit Sam's past)
Dynamic lighting, thermal goggles, night vision all in
New levels, new voice acting, new script, new scenarios? So all the resources that go into a traditional console installment of Splinter Cell, only now its a exclusive title to the console with a still relativley small userbase, instead of across several platforms and a PC version, like its forebearers have been.
If Ubi Soft wants to make money on this, and they probably do, it doesn't seem farfetched to me that a console port lies in Sam's future. Besides, didn't Splinter Cell always sell best on the Xbox anyway? How many of Sam's fans are PSP owners and are going to drop fifty on this when Double Agent is already out by then?

It will happen.

HyperZone<3 said:
Heck, there might even be an Xbox version.

New levels, new voice acting, new script, new scenarios? So all the resources that go into a traditional console installment of Splinter Cell, only now its a exclusive title to the console with a still relativley small userbase, instead of across several platforms and a PC version, like its forebearers have been.
If Ubi Soft wants to make money on this, and they probably do, it doesn't seem farfetched to me that a console port lies in Sam's future. Besides, didn't Splinter Cell always sell best on the Xbox anyway? How many of Sam's fans are PSP owners and are going to drop fifty on this when Double Agent is already out by then?

It will happen.

Splinter Cell sold well on PS2 as well. Dude I don't think Ubi are spending a lot of money on this, it looks like a heavily downgraded Splinter Cell PS2 engine. Xbox, PC, PS2 etc are getting Double Agent and Ubi probably didn't want to port DA to PSP because so far all console to PSP ports have sucked balls so they made a new game instead.

Top Bottom