• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

In response to the fake story spoiler-

(this isn't a spoiler in any way, just a quick thought about what was posted, I'm putting it in spoiler tags for anybody that missed the initial post)

I find it very hard to believe that any of the main characters die. The character switching is such a fun part of the game, why would they want to take it away for all the time you'll spend playing after finishing the story?

Dysun

Its not a real spoiler.

That's what people usually say after they've dropped a spoiler bomb in a thread. Even if its not true now we have the idea in the back of our heads for the duration of the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up coming to fruition. I saw this happen plenty of times in the Game of Thrones threads

S¡mon

Banned
That's what people usually say after they've dropped a spoiler bomb in a thread. Even if its not true now we have the idea in the back of our heads for the duration of the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up coming to fruition. I saw this happen plenty of times in the Game of Thrones threads
I guarantee you: it was a stupid, dumb joke.

carlos

I already sold my consoles.

Well that's unfortunate....oh well, the gta v ps3 bundle seems to be a good deal if you ever regret it (or perhaps a cheap 360 if you're only planning on playing gta).

I'm sure PC will get it.....eventually.....

NeoGiff

Regardless of whether that spoiler is true or not, the possibility of it happening/not happening is now in our heads, and has the potential to take some of the enjoyment out of experiencing the story for the first time. Also, saying that it's "not true" afterwards doesn't rectify the situation; that in itself is a spoiler.

Twinduct

Thanks Sethos!
Your stream was the only one that actually worked on my crappy connection!
So warm thanks all the way from South Africa!

FACE

Banned
Well that's unfortunate....oh well, the gta v ps3 bundle seems to be a good deal if you ever regret it (or perhaps a cheap 360 if you're only planning on playing gta).

I'm sure PC will get it.....eventually.....

Nah, I can wait. Consoles are way too expensive over her for me to consider buying one just for this.

I went from "will wait for Steam sale" to "day one on PC" because of that stream. Thank you(and curse you :p), Sethos.

Certinty

Some of you need to calm down about that 'joke'.

What are the odds of Rockstar ending the game like that anyway? Probably very slim in the first place.

maneil99

Big Possible Ending Spoilers If True

A guy that 'spoiled' the game for me had a similar ending to the Jr's... I closed it before reading it all but it follows what he said

He should be banned

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've read the OP 5 times and I don't see anything about not posting story spoilers.

There isn't, it's more of a 'gentlemens agreement' I don't want story spoilers either BUT this is still a spoiler thread so I understand I'm taking a risk everytime I come in this thread.

Nebula

People coming into a thread titled like this one and moaning about spoilers shouldn't be in a thread titled like this one. It's that simple. If you're just here for GIFs and stream links for free roam, then only stop to look at GIFs and stream posts.

Persona7

Banned
I believe it's called tact and it doesn't need to be explicitly stated.

I've never even heard of this before. I've been in other spoiler threads and there was never a self imposed rule about not posting story spoilers. Why even have a spoiler thread?

Raxious

As long as you point out and warn it's story spoilers there's nothin about it imo. Just randomly throwing it down without a warning is a nasty thing to do, but the moment there's a message saying:

STORY SPOILERS

and you still read it, it's your own fault.

Yawnier

Banned
Big Possible Ending Spoilers If True

A guy that 'spoiled' the game for me had a similar ending to the Jr's... I closed it before reading it all but it follows what he said

He should be banned

Yeah, uh oh.

Why do I even come into this thread, rofl.

FACE

Banned
I've never even heard of this before. I've been in other spoiler threads and there was never a self imposed rule about not posting story spoilers. Why even have a spoiler thread?

I believe most of those spoiler threads were posted after the game was officially released. This thread was created because some folks in the OT didn't want people discussing streams/gameplay footage there.

Top Bottom