• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

MormaPope

Banned
i don't see the difference between story spoilers and gameplayspoilers streams, gifs, etc...

Really?

This mentality makes sense for television or movies, but an open world game like GTA V is dense. I've seen tons of free roam footage but absolutely no cutscenes or mission footage. There's a lot to do in GTA V besides story missions.

The majority of the people in this thread love the current system in place, story or mission spoilers have to be marked and spoiler tagged. I sent Duckroll a message to change the title and such so this is easily reflected in the future.

Batigol

Banned
Really?

This mentality makes sense for television or movies, but an open world game like GTA V is dense. I've seen tons of free roam footage but absolutely no cutscenes or mission footage. There's a lot to do in GTA V besides story missions.

The majority of the people in this thread love the current system in place, story or mission spoilers have to be marked and spoiler tagged. I sent Duckroll a message to change the title and such so this is easily reflected in the future.

Spoilers are spoilers.

Who invented this magical rule?

i'm the other way around. i wouldn't want to see gameplay for a game i'm really hyped about, tell me the ending and i don't give a fuck.

well i know other people are different and i wouldn't post story spoilers here without warnings and tags, i just asked if any are out there. if you got em, you can PM me tho.

SHADES

I think you should know gaf take spoilers about story very very serious.

Because major spoilers does happen alot even by accident.

I understand that (long time lurker) & I wouldn't want it spoilt for me either, just pointed out his admission which seems genuine but everyone's choosing to over look.

If it turns out a spoiler then I'm sure he'll be dealt with but thread title (SPOILER FILLED THREAD) kinda says it all, they're either aloud in here or not, which is it? & the thread title needs to represent it also.

duckroll

We currently have two main threads for GTAV. One is protected from spoilers, the other is for people who want to discuss streams, leaks, spoilers, whatever. It's a good system. We don't need to further sub-divide to cater to people who want SOME spoilers but not STORY spoilers or whatever. Don't want to be spoiled on a game? Don't go to the spoiler thread. Can't help yourself but want to be specifically protected from your definition of spoilers? You're out of luck.

Courage

6f1OqG6kS_S9nvseLgizE1jFGihCmHH3ZmGlhkvgkgs

Bitch tried calling the cops.

SHADES

We currently have two main threads for GTAV. One is protected from spoilers, the other is for people who want to discuss streams, leaks, spoilers, whatever. It's a good system. We don't need to further sub-divide to cater to people who want SOME spoilers but not STORY spoilers or whatever. Don't want to be spoiled on a game? Don't go to the spoiler thread. Can't help yourself but want to be specifically protected from your definition of spoilers? You're out of luck.

Thanks for the clarification ;)

I understand that (long time lurker) & I wouldn't want it spoilt for me either, just pointed out his admission which seems genuine but everyone's choosing to over look.

If it turns out a spoiler then I'm sure he'll be dealt with but thread title (SPOILER FILLED THREAD) kinda says it all, they're either aloud in here or not, which is it? & the thread title needs to represent it also.

Use common sense, and if you're not sure then put it in spoiler tags, it takes an extra half second. We got through 7,500 posts just fine, there's no reason we need to be having this conversation.

SHADES

Use common sense, and if you're not sure then put it in spoiler tags, it takes an extra half second. We got through 7,500 posts just fine, there's no reason we need to be having this conversation.

Read my last 3 posts, I'm clear how it works, others were calling for the guy to be banned, I was pointing out his error, apology & the fact that its a spoiler thread.

MormaPope

Banned

Even though house rules were created though, Duckroll created this thread and his word is what will go. Unmarked spoilers are perfectly fine given the context Duckroll just gave. Someone suggested making another thread specifically for gameplay footage and nothing else, I'm not against that approach either.

I do agree with you though, this thread has had no unmarked story spoilers for the entirety of the thread, I might have to bow out if people start posting spoilers in the open.

Batigol

Banned

Thanks for the clarification. Was odd reading through this thread with black bars.

All I want is my Niko getting beat down gif :(

Someone gif'd it I'm sure im the last thread, but fuck going through all that

Even though house rules were created though, Duckroll created this thread and his word is what will go. Unmarked spoilers are perfectly fine given the context Duckroll just gave. Someone suggested making another thread specifically for gameplay footage and nothing else, I'm not against that approach either.

I do agree with you though, this thread has had no unmarked story spoilers for the entirety of the thread, I might have to bow out if people start posting spoilers in the open.

Yeah, fuck it, I'm done with this thread if that's the case. I want stream links and GIFs, not story spoilers.

SexyFish

Banned
Well if story spoilers are going to be flooding, time to roll out. The streams and gifs were good while they lasted! Have fun on gameday, everyone!

Oh man, I was far away from any technology this weekend so it seems like I've missed quite a bit.

There's only one thing I want to know. Any confirmed cameos from GTA IV/expansions? (or even other GTA games?)

Better make sure you put your response in black bars, can't have unmarked spoilers in a SPOILER FILLED thread now
</fucking dunce mode>

TheContact

Yeah I'm out, can't blame the thread or the discussion because it says spoilers but I wish people would have some courtesy and spoiler tagged heavy spoilers. Would be nice to get a quick gameplay thread, I'd like to talk about GTA gameplay without ruining it for the blackout people in the OT.

Tuesday is close though

Shit. I just saw a spoiler backtracking.
Wish that was hidden.

Goodbye, I'm not coming back.
Probably not even a real spoiler if its the one I think you're referring to.

interesting that with a thread title like this people are legitimately surprised by what they're seeing

Top Bottom