• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

xBladeM6x

Underneath the mini map. Green, blue, yellow.

Green = Health
Blue = Armor
Yellow = Special Ability

Abilities:

Michael = Can slow down time in gunfights / on foot.
Franklin = Can slow down time while driving.
Trevor = Essentially Berzerker Mode, takes half damage and delivers 1.5x or 2.0x damage to enemies.

I've not seen anyone dive into deep water yet, they seem to die when they hit the sea bed, so maybe you can still survive if you have a deep ocean to land in.

Seems to me like you die if you jump from a certain height.. at some point the animation changes and he flops over.. I assume that is indicating that the drop is lethal.

Foffy

Banned
Oh man, i'm really liking the dialog. Actually sounds...well...natural lol.

EDIT: Whoa special abilities too?

You could argue that in some GTA games characters had special abilities, like climbing walls, swimming, being able to keep your weaponry after being killed/busted, or being able to get health/armor boosts. But most of those were always mission bonuses and unlockables.

Can anyone tell me if there is a secret package system in place that gives you unlocks (ammo) in your house? I mean like the one in GTA3.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
gtav_zpsd2d6699b.jpg

Got hands on today for ~6 hours.
Few missions, tons of exploration.

Ask questions for impressions. Too much awesome to handle right now.

This will define this generation (sandbox games, at least)

tehbible

About 13% done

By far the best game I've ever played in my entire life. (and i've only finished what, 13%? It's the small details that really make this game shine)

I'm pc gamer too. This game is just too good. GOAT. Without a doubt.

This is one of those rare games for me, where even though I keep failing a mission, I'm very determined to keep playing until I succeed. The gameplay is impeccable.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Stay safe!

Last game I can remember being this hyped for was MGS4(which I hated) and then GTA4 before it.

At the ripe ol' age of 27 I feel like I used to feel as a kid the day before Christmas. I think my wife is most excited though, as it means I'll stop talking about it to her.
Many thanks! Looks to be calming down now, so fingers crossed. Kids at Christmas is right... Just one more sleep!

I am also 27 years of age, with a wife who couldn't give a monkey's about GTA. She'll most likely want a game of TLoU when we get back. Reckon I can change her tune with V.

Haha, shots fired indeed.

That's maybe the third stream i've seen where they cut to Franklin and was in the same spot, talking about his bike. It doesn't look like it's dynamic, just scripted.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone know if you can fly above the clouds during a storm and be above the weather?

While acquiring the aircraft, one of the engines was shot (once) by a heli. The weather was mediocre at best, but eventually the engines crapped out about halfway through the cloud cover.

ended up gliding the plane into a body of water. Went better than expected.

PHOTOSHOP

so how does Day 1 Digital preorder work?
Will an game icon appear on the game list or do i have to go to the store and download from there tomorrow?

Got hands on today for ~6 hours.
Few missions, tons of exploration.

Ask questions for impressions. Too much awesome to handle right now.

This will define this generation (sandbox games, at least)

Any impression on the AI during the shooting? Are the ennemies as static as they were in the previous game? Do they act as a group, do they try to flank you, etc?

Z0mbicide

Banned
Anyone that ordered 1 day shipping through GameStop get a shipping confirmation yet? I would have thought I'd get one by now. I ordered the CE through their online store.

Jaded

Banned
I have to admit, i was going to hold out for the PC version but after seeing all these streams i broke down and pre-ordered for the PS3 a few days ago, sigh. Guess i will double dip for this so i can enjoy the superior graphics on the PC when it finally comes out.

Top Bottom