• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Drago

Oh, exciting! Hopefully we'll get some info!

Since DR3 is (very likely) being built from the ground-up for the Vita, do you think they'll stick with sprites, or switch to 3D models like VLR did?
Tough question.

I wouldn't mind moving to 3D models at all (especially if they're AA5 or VLR quality) but I would definitely miss the 2D sprites. I really love the art style of the 2D DR characters, but it'd be pretty interesting to see that translated to 3D models. Honestly, if DR3 looked just like DR1 and 2 did I wouldn't even complain, lol

Zephyx

I'll probably just ask in the import thread for AE if there are crazy twists and revelations like in the rest of the series. If so, that's all I'll need to know to not look up any other info on it. If not, then I'll decide where to go when that happens.

Same here. The game will be localized at some point. Want to experience it fresh. :)

I learned from the My Little Pony fanbase everything that's wrong with fanbases. Nothing can surprise me.

There's a My Little Pony fanbase that aren't kids? Seriously?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll wait & see how AE handles 3D models first. If I like them, then I wouldn't mind, though I really hope they aim for something like AA5 where the 3D models try to look like 2D artwork.

But for events/murders/executions/etc, keep the current cutscene format.

I'd be pretty bummed if they ditched the sprites. I mean, I think the models in AE look surprisingly good (a lot better than I expected at least), but... but the sprites are part of its identity, man! Plus, they look really good on the Vita. I love how you can see the cardboard paper-esque detail on them.

I'm still wavering if I'm going to get AE or not. I mean if I was for sure going to get the Monokuma phone stand I would be throwing money but it's a gamble if I do it on AmiAmi.

Of course I'm going to spoil myself on it though. I'll dive headfirst, twitter and tumblr will probably spoil me without even trying

I also want to see if a certain character lives or die in AE

Yeah I was going back and forth on it for a while but I feel like I've had decent enough luck with understanding the trailers and playing some text-heavy games in Japanese that I'm gonna go for it. I haven't had the chance to play a single game in the series un-spoiled, and I know that if I wait I'm probably gonna end up having something happen, so... yeah.

though whoa I totally forgot about the physical bonuses. I was thinking about going digital on it so I wouldn't have to wait for it to ship here, but then I realized my tiny 4 GB import Vita memory card probably won't even be able to hold it and I want a nice shiny box and whatever other free stuff they choose to give me.

antibolo

Banned
I refuse to believe that NISA would not localize Another Episode. There's just no way they would leave us hanging like that.

Maybe I'm delusional but I want to believe that DR and DR2 are most likely their most profitable Vita localizations so far.

Zephyx

I'm still wavering if I'm going to get AE or not. I mean if I was for sure going to get the Monokuma phone stand I would be throwing money but it's a gamble if I do it on AmiAmi.

Of course I'm going to spoil myself on it though. I'll dive headfirst, twitter and tumblr will probably spoil me without even trying

I also want to see if a certain character lives or die in AE

Ishimaru's dad? Or Makoto's sister?

There's a My Little Pony fanbase that aren't kids? Seriously?
Yes, specifically built around the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I don't need to go into it, but simply it's a decent show with some of the better flash animation I've seen, the fanbase is just simply awful though.

Ishimaru's dad? Or Makoto's sister?

Of course Ishimaru's dad. I need to see if Spike Chunsoft will cause me despair yet again.

I'm rather fond of Danganronpa's cardboard style. I always like seeing the stages build upon themselves when you enter a new room and I like the cardboard feeling of characters though, that's kinda less in the 2nd game.

I wouldn't mind if they go 3D models in the class trials though. Would be pretty nice to have even more life during those along with even more improved and wonderful minigames!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm strong enough to wait for Another Episode in the US.

This sounds like an Ibuki message

o6NDyyu.png

Zephyx

Of course Ishimaru's dad. I need to see if Spike Chunsoft will cause me despair yet again.

I'm rather fond of Danganronpa's cardboard style. I always like seeing the stages build upon themselves when you enter a new room and I like the cardboard feeling of characters though, that's kinda less in the 2nd game.

I wouldn't mind if they go 3D models in the class trials though. Would be pretty nice to have even more life during those along with even more improved and wonderful minigames!

He belongs in the main enemies' kill list though. Don't get your hopes up. :p

I agree with you on everything. The 3D during class models sounds very nice. It would be nice if AE can at least give us a taste of that.

Oh I forgot about that. Hopefully something useful comes out of it.

I think that feature will have information on Western titles localized by Spike Chunsoft in Japan (i.e. Witcher 3). I'm also hoping for some Danganronpa 3 info but I'm not getting my hopes up. They will have a 42 page spread for AE though.

Rubedo

I like how it made Nagito's hair actually normal.

And Kazuichi has some sick length going on there.

Teruteru turned into Majin Buu.

PKGaming

Banned

That's kind of creepy. But I've noticed that a lot of fan art for Nagito tends to be just a tad bit sexual. Like he's making some kind of alluring face or in some kind of submissive pose. All I want is creepy. Straight up creepy. Like these, but not official...

Event_50_%282%29.png

Event_129.png

GSR

I'll probably just ask in the import thread for AE if there are crazy twists and revelations like in the rest of the series. If so, that's all I'll need to know to not look up any other info on it. If not, then I'll decide where to go when that happens.

Considering the official site has a "please don't post movies/screenshots/spoilers from after chapter 1" page like DR2 did, I think it's fair to say there'll be a good amount of crazy going on.

That's kind of creepy. But I've noticed that a lot of fan art for Nagito tends to be just a tad bit sexual. Like he's making some kind of alluring face or in some kind of submissive pose. All I want is creepy. Straight up creepy. Like these, but not official...

Event_50_%282%29.png

Event_129.png

Well I mean you spend half the game with the dude and he totally has the hots for Hajime. Not to mention fan artists love the psycho bishies. You were bound to get some sexual fanart.

DaBoss

I love creepy Nagito's design. Even though it is just a simple creepy smile and swirly eyes, it makes a world of a difference and conveys what it wants to well.

Top Bottom