• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Bb19L15CUAAdkMs.png

And alternatively

MSMrRound

Spike Chunsoft has a big spread in this week's Famitsu. It could be anything, but it's been pretty much exactly a year since the first tease, so we'll see.

Lol.

Don't get your hopes up.

If I have to guess, an official reveal at next year's Tokyo Game Show would be the best bet.

Quick question guys, I started up the Dangan Ronpa If light novel and it recommended I do Junko's social link thing from the first game, which I haven't done. Granted, it also said I should do it three times and also buy the game three times so I'm not sure if the game was serious about any of it. Is it recommended I actually do a quick run of school mode in DR1 first?

DaBoss

Quick question guys, I started up the Dangan Ronpa If light novel and it recommended I do Junko's social link thing from the first game, which I haven't done. Granted, it also said I should do it three times and also buy the game three times so I'm not sure if the game was serious about any of it. Is it recommended I actually do a quick run of school mode in DR1 first?
Yes.

You can search it online instead if you want to.

Busaiku

So did anyone else think Kyoko's dad would actually be the true villain based on the ending of Trigger Happy Havoc?
Like he faked his own death or something.

Rubedo

So did anyone else think Kyoko's dad would actually be the true villain based on the ending of Trigger Happy Havoc?

Nah, I think the Monokuma at the end was just the Junko AI taking over. Pretty sure Junko would make sure he was dead.

Rubedo

The AI was with Hinata though.

Maybe not at the time. They visited Hope's Peak between Junko's death and DR2 so he could have gotten it then. After all, it has memories of Makoto and the rest beating her and everything so it was based off Junko as she was near the end of the Killing Game.

ss-hikaru

I didn't think DanganRonpa IF was very good. I can't imagine the characters being so
agreeable/trusting
. Makoto
getting his memories back and just info-dumping everyone and them all believing him felt too tidy
. A bit more conflict/resolution that wasn't
Mukuro/Monokuma battling
would have made it more interesting.

Gonna try reading DanganRonpa Zero now. Given it's two full length light novels I expect it to be much better.

Clov

I took it more in a metaphorical sense; while Naegi and the others have decided to forge their own future despite the despair in the outside world, despair itself cannot be entirely eradicated. Hence Monokuma (the symbol of despair) returning to life after Junko's defeat.

That and it's a simple sequel hook.

I don't think the motives in first one were better.

The individual case motives in the first game weren't particularly compelling after a certain point, but it had a much stronger underlying motive: everyone believed they had left their friends and family just days earlier and that those people were in danger now if they didn't escape. The urgency of that desire underlies all the murders, and it's what makes the ending extra-tragic. DR2 gets rid of that right away (unsurprisingly, since the audience can't be surprised by it again) and doesn't have anything similarly propulsive to replace it with.

Kyoko's dad dying onscreen is like literally the first thing we see in the game.

OceanBlue

So are we going to talk about AE stuff from Famitsu here or only in the thread that will (presumably) be created? Some people might be avoiding too much info. Sorry if this has already been brought up lol.

Yasumi

Banned
So are we going to talk about AE stuff from Famitsu here or only in the thread that will (presumably) be created? Some people might be avoiding too much info. Sorry if this has already been brought up lol.
I should have something up later today. Just need to finish a few assets.

Jintor

Just finished

Mind = blown

well... kinda. I mean I twigged pretty much straight off the bat that the whole thing was a virtual thing, but there was still a great bunch of inspired twists and turns that really had me at the end, especially when the trial mechanics started to get twisted around for story purposes (again).

so many great characters though. (except akane. sorry akane.)

Mikan would be my least favorite character. Akane was a boring main character, but I liked her FTE's. I had to stomach the FTE's of Mikan and was so bored during them.
I have a hard time deciding my least favorite character between Mikan or Hifumi .

Levito

Banned
So for those of you that have gone for the platinum, would you say it's easier or harder to get than the first game's platinum?

So for those of you that have gone for the platinum, would you say it's easier or harder to get than the first game's platinum?

A bit harder if only because you can glitch the perfect thing in the first game and Improved Hangman's Gambit makes the perfect for this game much harder.

However, I find Island Mode is easier to do than School Mode because the trip tickets are less negative this time around so no more guessing and reloading if it turns out bad.

For those who have read the AE Famitsu spread, is it not advised that I read it if I'm going to be picking up the game when it releases, or am I good to check it out? That many pages of info seems like it has the potential to delve into some more spoiler-y territory (though with how cautious Spike-Chunsoft has been about info from beyond the first chapter I'd imagine it's nothing they don't want you to know).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
not really harder, but longer. all with the virtual pets and stuff.
Agreed, it's more or less around the same difficulty. On the one hand, I found it much easier to destroy white noise & get the 999 monokuma coins, but then you have to deal with stuff like getting all the equipment in the Monomi mini-game. & maybe it's just me, but I found Island Mode slightly easier this time around, but that could be due to the fact I went back to Ch. 1 & got some relationships maxed out & was able to get lucky with getting Chiaki's ending during my first attempt, so I only have to play through 4 times instead about 5 in DR1.

PK Gaming

Just finished

Mind = blown

well... kinda. I mean I twigged pretty much straight off the bat that the whole thing was a virtual thing, but there was still a great bunch of inspired twists and turns that really had me at the end, especially when the trial mechanics started to get twisted around for story purposes (again).

Your waifu/husbando probably killed someone

Unless you're on team Chiaki

LiK

Just finished

Mind = blown

Max out her friendship and Akane is pretty interesting.

Necrovex

I had this weird thought at work where I imagined Teruteru reached his ultimate despair by cooking his mother and devouring her...I need some fanart of this.

FluxWaveZ

I had this weird thought at work where I imagined Teruteru reached his ultimate despair by cooking his mother and devouring her...I need some fanart of this.

Um... wouldn't he have been consumed by despair prior to that point? Unless you're saying he accidentally cooked his mother and ate her, and then fell into despair after realizing what he did?

Top Bottom