• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix revealing a "secret title" at E3 with IGN

KoopaTheCasual

I really hope it's an actual Square Enix title and not an Eidos one.

Not that I don't like the Eidos series, mind you - Deus Ex, Hitman, and Tomb Raider are all great, but I really want to be genuinely surprised and have my socks knocked off by a core Square Enix announcement. Plus, we already have Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Rise of the Tomb Raider coming already... but besides Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, it feels like we're light on upcoming core Square Enix games.

I don't dare hope for anything Chrono related, but an FF VI remake for 3DS or a Parasite Eve reboot would be really damn cool.

It'll be a mobile title. :(
Don't we have Star Ocean 5, Dragon Quest Heroes (1&2), and an unnanounced console RPG?
If it was hype-worthy it would be on a stage, not IGN.
This.

AmyS

Final Fantasy 7 HD remake.

SoaA0CO.jpg

Please let this happen!

LOL

Ha! Many moons ago this news would have excited me.
Now, I could care less what they announce. If it's console
and developed in Japan we won't see for years anyway.

Don't we have Star Ocean 5, Dragon Quest Heroes (1&2), and an unnanounced console RPG?

We do! Sorry, I should have been clear; I specifically want a new Square announcement, not an Eidos or Enix one. There's nothing wrong with either of them, but I was a fan of Square long before I was a fan of the other two. Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, and the Eidos franchises are all well and good, but I want to see Square dip into their own well right now. That's just my personal preference talking, though.

Top Bottom