• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to announce a Secret Title on 12 Dec [Over. Star Galaxy, browser game]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
obviously square enix and sony are working together to make a spiritual successor to rogue galaxy because level-5 sucks

Midou

It's Sega x Square-Enix with a Yakuza in Space title. Tojo Space Empire is DIVIDED in civil WAR and the dragon of dojima must raise his BANDIERA against nishki's impending forces. This conflict takes place at their BORDER in the STARs for SUPREMACY of the Tojo Empire. It's a very AMBITIOUS project for me AND YOU to save the GALAXY. EPIC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I still have to comprehend what "BANDIERA" has to do with something like this. Not flag, but "BANDIERA". Why.

oddigy

Do any of S-E's mobile/social offerings actually stand on their own? I haven't explored any of them.

Re: Bandiera - it would actually be a good SEO keyword. I searched for it earlier and came up with very few vanity results. It's an odd choice, though. Italian for Flag and a last name. Ok. Maybe it'll be a character's name or the name of a brigade or something.

Midou

I still have to comprehend what "BANDIERA" has to do with something like this. Not flag, but "BANDIERA". Why.

Easy. They saw that people were able to guess words that were uploaded before they appeared on the site, so they wanted to use a word no one could guess early.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think people should -want- an iOS title since if it's Square Enix and anything but iOS or GREE it will just be announced then forgotten about for the next 7 years. At least the iOS game will actually come out.

When was there hype for Level-5 JRPGs? All I can think of is the mild interest in WKC because of that initial trailer of which the game didn't end up resembling and the fact that it was exclusive. It certainly didn't help that WKC was so damn mediocre.

Anyways I'm somewhat looking forward to the disappointment.

Vamphuntr

When was there hype for Level-5 JRPGs? All I can think of is the mild interest in WKC because of that initial trailer of which the game didn't end up resembling and the fact that it was exclusive. It certainly didn't help that WKC was so damn mediocre.

INAZUMA ELEVEN!!!!

btkadams

The World Ends With You And You (TWEWY2) exclusive for iOS.
the "you and you" will hint at the way they've crippled the game into a social puzzle game to cooperatively match coloured blocks with your friends.

Ryuukan

I think people should -want- an iOS title since if it's Square Enix and anything but iOS or GREE it will just be announced then forgotten about for the next 7 years. At least the iOS game will actually come out.

Obviously you're not aware of the Return of Lightning

LuuKyK

Because Square-Enix.

I mean you speak like if Dissidia Duodecim, Theatherythm and Fr3Eaiusfuascnewf (or whatever that event was called) make any sense at all.

antitrop

I was so, so, so hyped from that WKC trailer.

Final game wasn't even CLOSE to that.

Cornbread78

I was so, so, so hyped from that WKC trailer.

Final game wasn't even CLOSE to that.

Damn you, damn both of you... At least WKC I&II was actually released in NA..... I mean, only after a year or so of localization, but I digress.... The game was a really fun experience both on and offline...!

ReaperXL7

Ehh I have enjoyed Level 5's output more than I have SE's for the current consoles. White knight was a better rpg, and in my opinion a better game then either of the two final fantasies we have gotten this gen, and Ni No Kuni seems like it will be a pretty fantastic game imo.

Id be more excited for a level 5 countdown then one from SE.

Mesoian

Ehh I have enjoyed Level 5's output more than I have SE's for the current consoles. White knight was a better rpg, and in my opinion a better game then either of the two final fantasies we have gotten this gen, and Ni No Kuni seems like it will be a pretty fantastic game imo.

This is correct. 100%.

Level 5's effort is also high-profile on handheld.

Cornbread78

*flying chest bump*

And Thank you....

But I might say something a bit different if it was a full SO5 for PS3, or another true RPG like Radiata Stories.

But again, we all know this is an iOS game, so....... Where is my WKCIII Lvl-5?????

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bandiera
And You

Imo bandiera is obviously the name of the main girl of the game or at least the name of the main planet/base.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So I put more thought about it and I assume this game will most likely be a strategy RPG of sorts. The descriptions they put have an emphasis on war and vying for something along the lines of territorial conflict. However, considering this is showing things in space I assume it'll be something along the lines of domain within a galaxy. Who knows.

ReaperXL7

Level-5 would never make a countdown clock to reveal one of their games. Children wouldn't care.

As opposed to the children that will cry when this is an ios game, when we should all expect it?

I understand that Ni No kuni was made with children in mind and perhaps some take offense to that notion,but most disney/pixar films are created in the same way. I enjoy, and have enjoyed many of those films myself.

Takao

Banned
As far as I know, iOS players don't care either.

This is true, in this case Level-5 has more common sense than Square Enix.

As opposed to the children that will cry when this is an ios game, when we should all expect it?

I understand that Ni No kuni was made with children in mind and perhaps some take offense to that notion,but most disney/pixar films are created in the same way. I enjoy, and have enjoyed many of those films myself.

Ni No Kuni is more of a family game than simply a kids game. Notice how they got Ghibli involved with it. When I was dissing Level-5, I was referring to the Inazuma Elevens, Little Battlers eXperiences, and Yokai Watches of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom