• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Possibly Teasing FF9 Remake for TGS

Do you think FF9 Remake Will Be Announced At TGS?

• Total voters
Via official twitter - there is a marketing image of FF7 Rebirth and another character from FF9.

FF9 was leaked via Nvidia steam database a while back and then recently this year more leaks about it came as well from other sources.

There is going to be a big FF Sale as well on Steam during it. So maybe this is just an advertisement for that, but who knows.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Someone please acquire Square-Enix and shut it down...

Smash Old School GIF by Mediatool

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Vaan
What's his name 😳

Edit: Zidane!
I went completely blank then 😂

Last edited:

Comandr

I'm at a point where I don't trust SE as far as I can throw them. Of course I'm stupid and hope it turns out because the game deserves it but... Here's hoping my skeleton is not crushed by immeasurable disappointment.
source.gif

The Fartist

Gold Member
I have such fond memories of FF8, I wish they'd remake that one, it had the best art direction of any FF game, in my opinion. A lot of people complain about the junction system or whatever, I don't give a shit, just remake it with UE5, fix whatever people complained about, and let me get lost in the world and OST.

eNT1TY

I hope it is complete ground up remake or better yet a re-imagining. 9 has to be the shittiest character design out of any FF game ever made juxtaposed with what was generally pretty good art direction, playing it was visual torture though because of how glaringly bad the cast looked.

Killjoy-NL

The alfabet-people will be happy with Khuja.

I'd be happy with a remake as well, if they'd do a proper remake. Loved FF IX.
Except Steiner and Quina...

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

I hope it is complete ground up remake or better yet a re-imagining. 9 has to be the shittiest character design out of any FF game ever made juxtaposed with what was generally pretty good art direction, playing it was visual torture though because of how glaringly bad the cast looked.
I kinda agree, the faces don't look right.

Yoboman

zTN5KZd.jpg
"Remake"... It'll be a HD port updated to PS2 quality character models and you'll swallow it up, you vermin

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hopefully it's a bit more than the FF8 re-release.

Cause you already have the incredible free Moguri Mod update.

Hopefully it's a bit more than the FF8 re-release.

Cause you already have the incredible free Moguri Mod update.

From what the rumors are suggesting its a full on remake ALA FF7 Remake. After FF9 is the FFX Remake for the game's 25th anniversary in 2026 is the targeted date.

No clue if they will be episodic or not.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From what the rumors are suggesting its a full on remake ALA FF7 Remake. After.this, FFX is next for the game's 15th anniversary in 2026.

There's no way they have this, rebirth, X and the third in the FFVII saga out by then, especially when Square as a publisher is also working on other projects like FF14 and the like.

Seems way too pie in the sky.

Or we're gonna be waiting till 2028~ to finish the FF7 saga.

Last edited:
There's no way they have this, rebirth, X and the third in the FFVII saga out by then, especially when Square as a publisher is also working on other projects like FF14 and the like.

Seems way too pie in the sky.

Or we're gonna be waiting till 2028~ to finish the FF7 saga.
Tytsua Nomira said that the 3rd FF7 Remake Episode is progressing very well. Honestly, I don't see how it wouldn't be doable. Square is a big company and you'd be surprised how much of the art assets are out sourced.

I think COVID messed the development of episodes a bit.

Last edited:
Relooked and researched the FF9 rumors again. adamsapple adamsapple

Info Dump:
Final Fantasy 9 Remake will NOT be on same level as the FF7 Remake. Instead, it will have higher fidelity models (meaning more polygons) better textures and overall uplift in the visual department. And the game is close to releasing.

Was also spotted in the Nvidia Steam Database leak along with others such as Kingdom Hearts 4 and Dragon's Dogma 2 which have now been announced.

Most likely releasing in 2024.

Last edited:
If it's not a full-fledged remake, not sure I even care. Already bought the Switch version so now I own 1 through 12 (minus 11, but who cares about the MMOs).

Exentryk

If it is a full fledged remake, it wouldn't get announced at TGS. It would be a bigger reveal saved for Game Awards or SE direct during some other major event.

So I'm leaning towards some Crisis Core like 'remake'.

Top Bottom