• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Gamescom presentation [Over]

Pepboy

Wow, damn. Definitely going to read through that.
But still, I was under the impression of them stopping refunding last year and after countless post or news about how CIG changed their T&C, I'm so lost. Hopefully I can get this $45 back easily.

If you booked early, you might be able to make profit by reselling the ship. The ones with Lifetime Insurance are (I think) selling for more than their initial price. Actually quite a few people are doing this buy/sell to make profit by speculating on how popular SC fluctuates over time.

Llyranor

If you booked early, you might be able to make profit by reselling the ship. The ones with Lifetime Insurance are (I think) selling for more than their initial price. Actually quite a few people are doing this buy/sell to make profit by speculating on how popular SC fluctuates over time.
Star Citizen spaceships are the new bitcoins

~Cross~

I think the grey market sort of bottom out. LTI ships, even some limited ones, are just at market value. Only the really big and limited ships could be sold at a profit now.

Not to mention the inherent risk in trading. Since CIG will refund everything attributed to a particular account some people have seen their ships they bought in the grey market disappear.

well currency disappearing into thin air is very bitcoinish.

Soi-Fong

Man, those prices in Ebay are insane... I have to give it to Roberts. He's made a killing off of literal concepts that aren't fully implemented in the game yet. Crazy...

Though, with the direction of the game so far, you might not even be able to show off your multi-thousand dollar ship to the masses when they're having trouble getting 12 players in a game.

Jackpot

Banned
The smart way to play it would have been to make Squadron 42 first, then a Star Marine spin-off, then leverage all that developed tech and experience into a Star Citizen MMO.

MattAces

The smart way to play it would have been to make Squadron 42 first, then a Star Marine spin-off, then leverage all that developed tech and experience into a Star Citizen MMO.

On paper, yea, it will satisfy everybody. But at this point for them? Whatever they are doing now is the smartest way.
Throwing S42 into the market long before Persistence Universe is finished will only allow people to judge the game and lose confidence on Chris Robert, unless S42 REALLY delivers.
Focusing on Persistence Universe, showing one or two stuff a year with concept ships, that's where people are spending thousands of dollars in.
They are smart.

Manzoon

Banned
I finally got around to viewing that live demo, and wow that flight model is really off putting. Is that how the ships behave in the dog fighting module? I have no money in the game, but I've been following it occasionally as I love space sims and was hoping this would look better by now.

mnannola

I finally got around to viewing that live demo, and wow that flight model is really off putting. Is that how the ships behave in the dog fighting module? I have no money in the game, but I've been following it occasionally as I love space sims and was hoping this would look better by now.

They are not focusing on gameplay. Just underlying tech and new ships. Hopefully gameplay "feel" gets a ton of love once the underlying system work is complete.

Coiote

I got my refund months ago. They are giving them, but they will ask you multiple times if you are sure, each time giving small new details with each response that they could in one email upfront, and wait 2-3 days between each exchange. If you miss one email and the ticket gets closed, you will have to start the process again. It was quite annoying and of putting and only made me sure I was doing the right thing(to me at least) about asking for a refund.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
On paper, yea, it will satisfy everybody. But at this point for them? Whatever they are doing now is the smartest way.
Throwing S42 into the market long before Persistence Universe is finished will only allow people to judge the game and lose confidence on Chris Robert, unless S42 REALLY delivers.
Focusing on Persistence Universe, showing one or two stuff a year with concept ships, that's where people are spending thousands of dollars in.
They are smart.

Chris and the SQ42 crew have no choice to do anything, except REALLY deliver, on the singleplayer experience.

If SQ42 doesn't have a strong showing at this year's CitizenCon, they are going to have serious confidence issues.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Chris and the SQ42 crew have no choice to do anything, except REALLY deliver, on the singleplayer experience.

If SQ42 doesn't have a strong showing at this year's CitizenCon, they are going to have serious confidence issues.

At this point I don't know what could make some of the true believers even question anything about the game. After that horrorshow of Gamescon you had people coming out saying it looked great.

MattAces

At this point I don't know what could make some of the true believers even question anything about the game. After that horrorshow of Gamescon you had people coming out saying it looked great.

Ehh, I don't want to be that guy, people enjoy different stuff and people can put their trust to whatever they want. But I do agree with you. I'm very surprised by starcitizen subreddit (yes the headquarter of SC) enthusiasm and in a way I'm happy for them. However, whenever someone is complaining about jankiness of the game or buggy gameplay literally in everything, they will just say "hey it's alpha, what do you expect", which is a valid point. But how did they manage to keep the awful FPS control and jankiness of the game throughout development for so many years surprises me. Maybe that's how they intend it to be but it's awful for me.
Similar case to Ark, people used to say it's not optimized because it's early alpha. Looks like we're at the point of Ark being released, still awful in optimization, nothing has changed aside from more contents. Just to clarify, I'm in Ark since day 1.

I'm surprised more devs aren't jumping on this train of lavishly marketing a project and then just living off the funds while putting out fuck-all.

Top Bottom