• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero Staff Breakdown: Miyamoto Supervising Director then 50/50 Collaboration

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Platinum's music team + T's Music is basically the godlike team of composers behind Okami, Bayo 1 & 2 and the Wonderful 101 right? Let's hope so.

T's Music does do a lot of work for Platinum - but also Nintendo (Fire Emblem, Wii Party, etc).

Nanashrew

Banned
Platinum's music team + T's Music is basically the godlike team of composers behind Okami, Bayo 1 & 2 and the Wonderful 101 right? Let's hope so.

Pretty much. The Title theme can feel a little reminiscent of the Wonderful 101.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
??? The issue with the visuals is that a large portion of the WiiU's limited resources are being sucked away by the gamepad integration.

Nope nope. The game is very inconsistent. Some areas look fantastic (like that swamp level) and others (like Fortuna) look very rough and unpolished.

Nope nope. The game is very inconsistent. Some areas look fantastic (like that swamp level) and others (like Fortuna) look very rough and unpolished.

Fortuna is the Swamp level, I believe you're referring to Fichina. But I have to admit, the Star Wolf Fight has awesome atmosphere

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Really shocked to see that the enemy programming was done by Nintendo because it looks pretty fantastic, didn't realize their skill in AI and simply attributed it to platinum.

Whether I intended to or not, I have put myself on blackout almost as if subconciously, I want to check out SFZ's starwolf theme but no, im gonna wait, like a good boy

I am a incredibly huge starfox fan so going in head first into the unknown for SF:Z is important to me

Lebon14

the credits have a very cool homage to iwata too:

it says after the end of the credits scene: this game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle.

w8fIA.gif

Man, if the game sells poorly, I won't deny that I'd feel really bad for everybody that put that at the end.

NateDrake

Was going to mention the Iwata tribute once the final embargo was lifted (as showing the credits isn't allowed until then).

Was going to mention the Iwata tribute once the final embargo was lifted (as showing the credits isn't allowed until then).

Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard seem to have a tremendous amount of embargo violations... It's like folks can't read the agreement.

RagnarokX

It's really rare for Miyamoto to actually credit himself as a director, and after all these years, he finally does so for Starfox of all games? It's rather strange.

It kinda makes sense. Even though another developer created what would become Star Fox, Miyamoto was pretty into the series from the start. The whole idea of calling the game Star Fox and having it star animals was his idea, which he got based on how the arches you fly through in Corneria made him think of the torii at a fox shrine near his house. He was pretty hands on with Star Fox 64, too. The way he's talked about Star Fox Zero it sounds like he was pretty passionate about spearheading this project. Maybe Nintendo was fine with never touching the series again without his insistence.

It's not a franchise most people associate with him, but he sounds very proud of it whenever he talks about it. It probably has to do with how it meshes very well how Miyamoto likes to tell stories with engaging gameplay.

NateDrake

Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard seem to have a tremendous amount of embargo violations... It's like folks can't read the agreement.
Indeed. This is the one upload of the user, too. I understand it's a lengthy embargo but it is clear and easy to understand.

Just to be clear, i've found the video on 4chan in a thread discussing star fox, i don't even have the game or am a journalist.

Yeah, I understood it's not your video, and I have no intention to shoot the messenger :) That was just a general observation regarding Star Fox pre-release coverage.

This is now the 5th game Bee Tribe has worked on with Nintendo on Wii U, 4 being Platinum games (appropriate since former PG folks are there):

- The Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 1 (they were the primary dev of the Wii U version specifically)
- Bayonetta 2
- Pokken Tournament
- Star Fox Zero

I can see them being involved with Star Fox Guard also.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
the credits have a very cool homage to iwata too:

it says after the end of the credits scene: this game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle.

That's so awesome and touching.

lol and who was it that kept insisting that Platinum wasn't responsible for the unimpressive graphics?

No, he meant what he wrote.

;)

Platinum had to have their engine render 2 separate screens at once and at 60 fps.

Because someone wanted to aim and move in separate ways.

Hence the game looking like terrible.

Top Bottom