• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero Staff Breakdown: Miyamoto Supervising Director then 50/50 Collaboration

the credits have a very cool homage to iwata too:

it says after the end of the credits scene: this game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle.

Man, and I thought seeing Yamauchi's name in the big red sun at the end of SF64 was rough.

TheJoRu

Never noticed the similarities before, that's cool, but it's also like that from Star Fox 64 during the credits. Makes more sense that Star Fox 64 and OOT have that ending.

Oh damn, didn't remember that. With SF64 and OoT using the same MIDI-instrumentation it sounds basically identical.

AntMurda

Platinum always outsources a lot. A LOT. They actually added an Indian art company this time as well. Interesting. Maybe Nintendo should take notes on us using varied art companies behind the scenes.

I'm happy Nintnedo programmers are behind the project. Even if Miyamoto forced the tablet cockpit controls.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I don't even have to view the link, but my first time playing Star Fox 64 I immediately recognized that it was Koji Kondo without any prior exposure to the music. First composer I ever recognized.

Yeah I was exactly the same. Turned around to my brother like "IT'S THE SAME" and just looked at me like I was on drugs.

Glad to seeing Rei Kondoh has contributed for this game.

Sound Director:
Koji Kondo
Hajime Wakai

Music:
Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Rei Kondoh
Hitomi Kurokawa
Naofumi Harada
Keiki Kobayashi
Yukari Suita

Another god like ost I guess.
This is what I wanted to know! Thanks!

Still using a lot of Kondo's and Wakai's work from Starfox 64 (the main theme obviously but also mission complete, star wolf, meteor, and Bill's theme I've heard in the various videos of the game's footage).
Listen to 5:33-6:00. Then listen to 5:53-6:13 of the Ocarina of Time credits...that's got to be intentional.
It's the final seconds of Starfox 64's ending theme - which sounds very similar to that part you reference in Ocarina of Time's ending theme.

Sometimes Kondo's work in one series trickles over into another. For another example, check out "Castle and Fortress" from Yoshi's Island and "Windmill Hut" from Ocarina of Time and see if you hear some similarities... ;)

MegalonJJ

Banned
the credits have a very cool homage to iwata too:

it says after the end of the credits scene: this game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle.

I do wonder if the above combined with Miyamoto's "supervising director" role perhaps indicates that this project was something where he really wanted to show off the gamepad/asymmetrical features that would be one of Iwata's final gaming contributions. And to clarify further, maybe Miyamoto was more personally invested in this project (I mean he's always invested in all projects) as a promise to his late friend and colleague, hence the unwavering insistence in this control setup (even Splatoon had dual analogue option).

It's not often considered how Miyamoto feels in regards to Iwata's passing. Similarly I do think Sakurai will do one further Smash (even if it's a Smash 4 NX) if only in tribute of Iwata.

Top Bottom