• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars PS4 Bundles Now Available for Pre-order

rjinaz

Just now got one on amazon. Keep trying.

I like ordering from Amazon because they don't charge until it ships and you can add gift cards any time so I basically use it like a layaway. By the time November comes around I'll have it just about paid off.

NolbertoS

Rare or not. A 500GB HD isn't appealing to buy at this point. I'd prefer any theme or limited edtion with 1TB at least now. Plus BF around the corner, don't think Sony won't put a few units on lighning deals.

rhino4evr

Doesn't really looks great to me. The controller is kind of nice though.

Well I'm not sure what your level of fandom is. But I think it looks amazing. So who is right and who is wrong?

If I didn't like Star Wars and I didn't like the design I wouldn't buy it either.

Javin98

Banned
Damn, these bundles are gonna sell incredibly well. The limited edition bundles will probably sell out a month before the movie is out, LOL. I just hope Sony learnt their lesson and produces enough of these bundles, so that there are no shortages.

Boke1879

Gonna swing by GameStop after work and put a preorder down for this. Want a new ps4 around this time and I think this bundle offers insane value.

This is going to sell like hotcakes.

Also with this CE bundle being $450 people can forget about a permanent price drop right now

Just now got one on amazon. Keep trying.

I like ordering from Amazon because they don't charge until it ships and you can add gift cards any time so I basically use it like a layaway. By the time November comes around I'll have it just about paid off.

Its the same with Wal-Mart too. Wish Best Buy would do it this way. Sure makes paying easier.

$450 are they insane? At least put a 1tb HDD in that thing.

Really like that controller design. Dammit Sony I want to play driveclub and Uncharted collection.

Pre-ordered. Amazon has wised up and won't let me buy more than one though...

Not sure I will keep it. $450 is steep when I can probably get a standard bundle for $350 on Black Friday.

Damn, these bundles are gonna sell incredibly well. The limited edition bundles will probably sell out a month before the movie is out, LOL. I just hope Sony learnt their lesson and produces enough of these bundles, so that there are no shortages.

You can only buy one so no scalping.

Boke1879

So no price drop? Or does that happen later on?

Don't expect one. Sony are hitting their margins at this current price while outselling the competition. They will still sell well this holiday and hit their margins even if they get outsold by the competition.

Ultimately Sony doesn't care about losing a couple of months especially when they will sell well. They'll still make plenty of money

iBeleaf

Don't expect one. Sony are hitting their margins at this current price while outselling the competition. They will still sell well this holiday and hit their margins even if they get outsold by the competition.

Ultimately Sony doesn't care about losing a couple of months especially when they will sell well. They'll still make plenty of money

Err. That would really frustrate me. I really want to buy a PS4 this holiday and refuse to buy it for $449 (CDN) when the XBONE has been a $100 cheaper at times

rhino4evr

It's still possible , however unlikely, that Sony could announce a price cut. Didn't Microsoft take $50 off all Xbox models for a time being last year?

It's more likely that they will announce a "holiday bundle" that will be $399 but include two games instead of one.

If Microsoft decides they want to go lower , maybe Sony will respond.

One good thing about Amazon is that pre order guarantee, so if for some reason they or Sony decides to drop the price we will get the sale amount without having to contact customer service.

I doubt we will see any "Black Friday" deals on a limited edition bundle. You are paying a premium to have Darth Vader on your console, and Star Wars themed dual shock. You can always buy the "standard" bundle if you don't care about the console.

Javin98

Banned
It comes with 5 star wars games (including the $70 Deluxe Battlefront Edition) and it is a limited console edition like arkham knight which cost the same.

This means a price drop could still happen people.
This. People seem to be jumping to conclusions that a price drop won't happen for sure just because the price of these bundles were announced. The PS4 can still get a price drop to $349 with the standard edition Battlefront bundle priced at $399 and it is still good value.

rhino4evr

It comes with 5 star wars games (including the $70 Deluxe Battlefront Edition) and it is a limited console edition like arkham knight which cost the same.

This means a price drop could still happen people.

To be fair the standard edition costs $399 too and it comes with the same games. The extra $50 is purely based on the console and dual shock.

I was hoping since the destiny limited edition was only $399...this would be too...but I guess not

CD'S BAR

Is the white Destiny version the new hardware model as well? I have zero interest in Destiny and I think the artwork on it is pretty bad but goddamn I want a white ps4 in time for nba2k16 this month.

To be fair the standard edition costs $399 too and it comes with the same games. The extra $50 is purely based on the console and dual shock.

I was hoping since the destiny limited edition was only $399...this would be too...but I guess not

Do we have confirmation that the Regular Battlefront bundle comes with the 5 games or just the Deluxe edition of battlefront?

I thought it only brought the deluxe edition which is still good value

Edit: Got it backwards the regular bundle brings the 4 games but it only gives you the standard edition of battlefront so the SE adds a $20 value in contrast to the regular bundle so it isn't just a $50 SE cost they charge you.

fedexpeon

Banned
I wonder if SW fans will buy it but will never actually intend to use the PS4 at all, or will they buy 2 for collection and other for playing.

Top Bottom