• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars PS4 Bundles Now Available for Pre-order

I am real tempted to at some point trade in my current base PS4 and put that toward one of these upcoming bundles.

I really want a EU MGS5 red edition or one of those awesome DQ editions in JPN or something like that. Wouldn't mind a Darth Vader black star wars one either.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Star Wars being hot or not won't matter by black friday if the price is still $399.99 compared to its chief competitor price. Price sensitive consumers flock the holidays, not so much consumers that consume throughout the year instead. There is a reason price sensitive consumers shop en-masse during Black Friday - to make the most out of their hard earned money with deals. If Sony is going for similar numbers like last year I can see them achieving around the same with a heavy marketing push but an uptick in sales... definitely not sure.

We'll know by Oct. 27 whether they're staying put or not.

Star Wars being hot or not won't matter by black friday if the price is still $399.99 compared to its chief competitor price. Price sensitive consumers flock the holidays, not so much consumers that consume throughout the year instead. There is a reason price sensitive consumers shop en-masse during Black Friday - to make the most out of their hard earned money with deals. If Sony is going for similar numbers like last year I can see them achieving around the same with a heavy marketing push but an uptick in sales... definitely not sure.

Never underestimate the power of having cod and Star Wars marketing. Price sensitive or not, they'll have an increase.

Padinn

I am real tempted to at some point trade in my current base PS4 and put that toward one of these upcoming bundles.

I really want a EU MGS5 red edition or one of those awesome DQ editions in JPN or something like that. Wouldn't mind a Darth Vader black star wars one either.

Ditto....I'm wondering what I could sell my current PS4 + the Battlefront Game for...

Boke1879

Even if the PS4 gets outsold by it's competitor. They have SW, COD, AC, marketing and have the chance to do some pretty aggressive bundles. If they get outsold it won't be as bad as they did last year.

I won't even begin to underestimate the potential sales of a SW bundle. Releasing around a month before the movie comes out and when SW hype is at fever pitch. It'll sell just on the hype alone.

Conduit

Banned
Some retailers don't take the money immediately if you preorder some stuff, SW PS4 in that case? Price is just a placeholder. So, Sony still can cut the price.

Boke1879

Some retailers don't take the money immediately if you preorder some stuff, SW PS4 in that case? Price is just a placeholder. So, Sony still can cut the price.

Best buy will hit your account just to make sure you have the money in it but it'll be put back in a few days.

amazon doesn't take anything until it ships

joecanada

Really shoulda been 1TB bundles.

keeping price down, profits up... I mean a 1TB for 449 woulda been great but they don't see the need...

profit. Almost confirms no price cut this year. Why would they drop the price after everyone pre-ordered these? They could always throw games in though.

rhino4evr

keeping price down, profits up... I mean a 1TB for 449 woulda been great but they don't see the need...

profit. Almost confirms no price cut this year. Why would they drop the price after everyone pre-ordered these? They could always throw games in though.

As I said earlier they could release a stand alone "value" console for $350 if they really wanted. Then they wouldn't have to lower the prices of their current bundles.

joecanada

As I said earlier they could release a stand alone "value" console for $350 if they really wanted. Then they wouldn't have to lower the prices of their current bundles.

but maybe I am misunderstanding.... if they did that then all the people who preordered would feel ripped off for a 500 gig star wars + game for 449......... thats 100 bucks for the game and a console with sticker.

I don't think a price drop is coming this year. UC4 bundle for 399 perhaps.

N.Domixis

Banned
Damn 2 whole month to rack in sales, than november sales and black friday sales and a possible cod bundle? I think sony is ready this year.

rhino4evr

but maybe I am misunderstanding.... if they did that then all the people who preordered would feel ripped off for a 500 gig star wars + game for 449......... thats 100 bucks for the game and a console with sticker.

The current bundle is already $399 plus a free game. So in reality the system is only $350.

chaos789

Banned
I have a question about this limited edition Star Wars PS4. I am not sure if anyone here knows or not but is the image of Vader on the PS4 a sticker or is it ingrained into the PS4?

Jigorath

Banned
This bundle is going to slay throughout November thanks to Battlefront's launch, and then it's going to fly off shelves again when Episode VII comes out in December.

I wish it looked nicer though.

Boke1879

This bundle is going to slay throughout November thanks to Battlefront's launch, and then it's going to fly off shelves again when Episode VII comes out in December.

I wish it looked nicer though.

Personally I'm fine with the look. Preordered this earlier from Gamestop. This will replace my current PS4 and honestly Star Wars hype has gotten to me.

The toys I'm sure are already selling very well. When the actual marketing for this game and the movie ramp up Sony would be wise to advertise this bundle as much as fucking possible.

rhino4evr

I have a question about this limited edition Star Wars PS4. I am not sure if anyone here knows or not but is the image of Vader on the PS4 a sticker or is it ingrained into the PS4?

it's not a sticker or a decal. It's etched into the system from what I understand.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Does not look good imo

Same. I put a pre-order in for this so I can try and figure out how to get rid of my current PS4 at a decent price and pick up this Star Wars bundle.

Darknight

I can see an Uncharted Collection + 4 bundle next year with a price drop. Is that too crazy? Should help as Morpheus launch is Q1 as well? I dont know if Sony will keep PS4 at $400 on its 3rd year...

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Damn 2 whole month to rack in sales, than november sales and black friday sales and a possible cod bundle? I think sony is ready this year.

I've been saying this, but some refuse to think Sony has a fighting chance against a Halo, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider combo. I'm confident what Sony has coming will sell more and they'll sustain their lead in the US, solidifying it permanently beginning March 18, 2016.

Loudninja

I can see an Uncharted Collection + 4 bundle next year with a price drop. Is that too crazy? Should help as Morpheus launch is Q1 as well? I dont know if Sony will keep PS4 at $400 on its 3rd year...
Thats not really that crazy.

Edit:Oh wait you said with a price drop, yeah thats a little crazy :p

hwy_61

Banned

If they're still selling well next year, I see no reason why they would lower the price.

Javin98

Banned
This. Didn't the XB1 AC Unity bundle get a price cut as well after its initial price was announced?

Elandyll

Banned
Thats not really that crazy.

Edit:Oh wait you said with a price drop, yeah thats a little crazy :p

Maybe not with UC4, but a price drop is going to happen between now and mid 2016 anyway.
Sony will also probably still include some kind of free software with it, be it TLOU or the new UC collection as a digital voucher.

I've been saying this, but some refuse to think Sony has a fighting chance against a Halo, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider combo. I'm confident what Sony has coming will sell more and they'll sustain their lead in the US, solidifying it permanently beginning March 18, 2016.
I'm not sure who will sell more this holiday but MS deserves props for continually building great games this Gen so far and being able to release them in a reasonable timeframe. I'm not gonna pat Sony on the back bundling some consoles and having marketing deals this holiday. There is a good chance Playstation could sell more this holiday and its a bit baffling to me considering how things are this holiday. Either way isnt that important but NPD threads are gonna be fun to watch for sure.

haxamin

Very nice box
61oZaE3TcfL._SL1350_.jpg

I don't like how Vader looks like he was drawn in flash and how the controller's touch pad says STAR WARS STAR WARS

...History hasn't been kind for Star Wars consoles

yhst-79286667833217_2239_231079

Top Bottom